Weekly Event: From the Depths

Originally published at: From the Depths – Gems of War
Troll your enemies like a pro…

New Troop: Sea Troll

Sea Trolls must be one of the most disgusting creatures to grace the lands of Krystara.

Fortunately they don’t spend much time ON the land! Preferring the dark murky depths of the waters around Darkstone.

Imagine an Ogre with breath that smells of month-old fish, hair like decaying seaweed, skin like a moist boil ready to burst, and body odour that would make a hungry dragon retch from 200 paces. Can you imagine that? Well if you can, then THAT creature would probably still call a Sea Troll disgusting.

Nevertheless if you feel like your Green Slime needs a wingman for a party this weekend, well a Sea Troll might just fit the bill.

PVP Icon

PVP Rewards Reminder
With the PVP reset comes payouts in Souls for your efforts on the battlefield against other players. Remember, you’ll have until the next event to climb as high as you can and earn yourself some souls. Here’s what you can earn at each rank:

• * Rank 1: 300 Souls, 2000 Gold, 100 Glory, 10 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 2: 150 Souls, 1500 Gold, 50 Glory, 5 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 3: 80 Souls, 1000 Gold, 40 Glory
  • * Rank 4: 60 Souls, 900 Gold, 30 Glory
  • * Rank 5: 50 Souls, 800 Gold, 20 Glory
  • * Rank 6: 40 Souls, 700 Gold, 10 Glory
  • * Rank 7: 35 Souls, 600 Gold, 5 Glory
  • * Rank 8: 30 Souls, 500 Gold
  • * Rank 9: 25 Souls, 400 Gold
  • * Rank 10: 20 Souls, 300 Gold
  • * Rank 11: 16 Souls, 200 Gold
  • * Rank 12: 12 Souls, 100 Gold
  • * Rank 13: 8 Souls, 50 Gold
  • * Rank 14: 4 Souls, 10 Gold
  • * Rank 15: 1 Gold

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

5 Likes

Yay, it’s an epic! Best glory to traitstone ratio ftw!

2 Likes

Guess I now have a new troop to feel identified with. Before it was Goblin King but now… RIP.

By the way, this troop spells and traits look very underwhelming but it stats look outstanding, Am looking forth to use this guy as an off tank with some tricky combination of troops, can already see him doing a lot of work paired with a Templar and a Rowanne.

And please, minor traits be purple! Please! :smiley:

Nice… Almost as odorous as my mother-in-law and twice as pretty…

4 Likes

totally love it, and its beauty as well. :relieved:

Hmmm, might want to pair that with units Valkyrie wasn’t efficient with, so blue units with a yellow or red second color that is most efficient as a first troop…

Candidates that I’d be interested to try are
Alastair, but he ruins purples
Anointed One, but he ruins greens
Hydra
Knight Coronet, but he ruins purples

So… I guess I’ll try that with Hydra…

:newspaper: All their trip-trapping over Darkstone’s fort has awakened I, the Weekly Feedback Report! :goat::goat::goat:

This ain’t a fairy tale (if it was, Elf-Eater would be here), or a youtube comments section. These bridge-dwellers have finally come up to show their face and now everyone’s regretting it. This week we meet with the murkiest soul, the one, the only, "Enough build-up, let's move on," the Sea Troll!

This bloated fish Doubles the sea level’s Water just by jumping in! While nothing new in terms of Traits, it’s stats are almost the size of it’s belly, and that’s a Giant stomach for reference.

There’s also a large selection of troops to trait with the week’s Arcane Venom Traitstone! Empower Star Gazer for massive hits. Run wild with Boar Rider! Or get Tyri out of danger again by actually being Stealthy for once. And of course when we’re talking about venomous, Venoxia’s always on board.

:newspaper2: They say there’s two kinds of trolls, the real ugly ones, and the internet kind. :skull_crossbones::meat_on_bone::skull:

#Match you next time!

5 Likes

Hero (Farsight Orb)
Valkyrie
Winter Imp
Sea Troll

Maximum true damage. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It’s a SLARDAAAAR

I want more Trolls. :smiley: :smiley:

Forest Troll - Double Brown gems on the board.
Lava Troll - Double Red gems on the board.
Sand Troll - Double Yellow gems on the board.
Land Troll - Double Green gems on the board.
Dark Troll - Double Purple gems on the board.

Finally we have the first troll!
Ya hear me, keep them coming! hiha!!! :smiley: :wink: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perhaps all giants but i want the rest of the coloured slimes.

1 Like

Slimes works differently from Trolls. Also want 5 more of them. :wink:

Speaking of which… @Jainus new plan much?

I got enough glory for this troop outright. Fans myself with maps Yep plenty of glory. Tyri giving maps at a goodish pace so i do not have to pvp very much.

3 Likes

That sounds hideous :stuck_out_tongue:

Crimson Bat ***
Winter Imp ***
Sea Troll
Valkyrie ***

2 Likes

I want fewer troll threads like this one.

1 Like

What about:
Venoxiaa***
Celestasia***
Sea troll
Alchemist

Barrier and Poison on the many many 4&5s

1 Like

That would be too slow a lineup. I also don’t use any skull only decks now that people use Gorgotha or a full team of 50% reduction. Any deck with Sea Troll + Valk needs 2 blue users as well to use the excess of mana.

2 Likes

Psion should be a decent pickup with this weeks Event Chests, it’s proving to be an incredibly capable troop now that the 1.09 meta is settling in. I have a True Damage/Mana Drain Deck with Psion that has been extremely effective:

Gorgotha***
Psion***
Moloch***
Crescendo

Divinion Banner (Y/P)
+2 attack bonus for 3 daemons (+1 magic if hero is sorcerer with daemon perk)

Gorgotha - granite skin is the Staples Easy Button of PvP right now. Shrug off skull hits while I concentrate on the others and explosions reset the board and fill mana.

Psion - 5 mana drained per troop may not seem like much but it makes a real difference in controlling the board. Magic Link is a must and Siphon is an incredible trait, one hit drains all mana from the victim and puts it into your pool. Even if your spell is ready a skull match still drains the opposing troop. The true damage is the icing on the cake. Sometimes I’ll swap Gorg and Psion to take advantage of Siphon.

Moloch - Supression is such a neat trait, if it hits Magic a couple of times you’ve effectively neutered the opposing team. His spell drains all mana and hits for heavy true damage, which combos well with getting an extra turn Crescendo.

Crescendo - Most effective class is Sorcerer using the Daemon Perk (+1 Magic to all troops). Magic Link is great and I imagine the last trait can be potentially powerful. Necromancer is good if you want some extra souls and Archer with Fast trait would also fit well I imagine.

The first three troops and Necro I’ve been able to fully trait from previous Glory events.