Weekly Event: Feast of Fools

I’ve been noticing the Traitstone packages each week, it’s now 10 of each Runic stone. I wonder how the Arcane week will be, will they offer 10 of each type of Arcane stone and if so what the price would be?

The new troop and the mystic Shegra gave me my first 5 stars kingdom!

9 Likes

Any particular reason why the bundle called “Arcane Traitstones” is containing Runic traitstones?

I was about to point this out.

Considering there isn’t a brown/yellow Kingdom yet, would now be the time to blow all my glory to load up on Arcane Mountain stones?

The next kingdom will be those colors, seeing as it has to be. And that will likely be in around a month’s time.

Otherwise, it depends on what you want to max and when. If you’re not interested in Gorgotha and Keghammer, you can hold off for a bit.

1 Like

Spoils of War bug?

Platform: Steam

Yep, I have that too. No spoils this week I guess!

Me too… we’re getting slow in our old age, @Shimrra… must have been actually playing the game!

Nonsense. I was trying to figure out if I could max Broken Spire like that other guy and how much it’d cost me. The answer is roughly “no”.

Also, its no Karakoth/Darkstone.

Playing the game… I don’t know what you’re talking about!

1 Like

But hey, I just invaded @Nimhain :slightly_smiling:

Over 4000 gold winnings :slight_smile: and she’ll enjoy her revenge battle against my cheap Centaurs/Skeletons defence team…

3 Likes

I noticed both the “arcane” pack and the blank Spoils of War, and was gonna take a screenshot… But I knew you guys would catch it too. (iPad for reference, devs) I’m too slow I guess! Maybe that’s what I get for taking a shower before loading up the game in the morning! I know where my priorities should be in the future…

1 Like

Rip goblins :sunglasses:

3 Likes

ok you went over board so hard

LOL! I love all the anti goblin stuff. We already had The Silent One, Slime, Dark Song, Goblin Crusher and yet people still cried about goblins. If you include double skull damage to marauders you increase the list to include Brian the Lucky and Raven. Some guy that might or might not devour a few marauders I seriously doubt is going to change anything. People can’t actually figure out how to field a decent counter and just complain and complain. This card isn’t going to change that. They could publish a card that says “If the opponent has goblins they lose” and people would still cry there aren’t enough counters and be all thankful when another one shows up.

-Razlath

4 Likes

AWESOME! What team will you use him/it with?

That is a pretty nice new troop, looks super scary too. Looking forward to see how it fares in battle.

Rubbish, sorry… complaints (mine at least) are about variety and balance, not that Goblins can’t be beaten…

…but anyway, this thread isn’t for bashing Goblins, or bashing those who want to bash Goblins… or… whatever…

Actually, I agree with Raziath. Also, I looooove Goblins, whether to play with or to be matched against.

1 Like

True, yours are one of the few consist complaints purely because people like a troop type / kingdom. After all, they are extremely beatable without counters, with the number of counters in the game, I don’t see how anyone can call unbalance on them anymore.

So at what level are there enough goblin counters? When is enough enough? If people don’t field the counters then it doesn’t matter if we have them. We already had enough anti-goblin cards to field a full team of counters with some to spare. You can’t stop popular with fair nerfs or with more counters. Goblins are fun to play and they are effective. If you want to see less you have three choices, destroy them so they aren’t fun to play, make them less useful in the AI’s hands (ie less effective), or bring the other kingdoms up to par. More counters (that really aren’t even the best counters released so far) aren’t going to do it. People don’t want to field the counters or they already would.

This week was a waste of a troop event slot. Yet another goblin counter when there were already enough. Broken Spire got another card when some kingdoms still don’t have enough. It does little to help out the Broken Spire issues when any number of kingdoms could have benefited from a similar troop and / or troop type changes making them more effective.

The art is good, the lore is great (loving how much more lore we are getting with the recent cards). The card itself is actually not bad and possibly ridiculously powerful if it gains a lot of magic through leveling (though not really as a goblin counter). A similar concept for a kingdom that needed it with a mana usage and troop type to match would have been very welcome and needed.

The troop events are the chance for the dev team to make steps to improve the troop selection in kingdoms. Sadly they used this chance to ostensibly counter a troop type that frankly only has a problem because most of the other kingdoms are horrible at working together or at being piloted by the AI. Hopefully the next troop event is better. The other kingdoms really need some love, and frankly minus complete destruction of the goblins it is the only way you are going to see more team variety. We need more viable, themed, fun options to play. They need to be good on offense and defense so peeps who don’t have a ton of resources can focus what they have on a single team and get it working well. That is when you will see more variety in what people are playing.

-Razlath

2 Likes