Website (And Forums) Re-Vamp

Some of you may have noticed that the forums look different, and that is because last year we re-vamped our website!

The default viewing setting has now been changed to the updated site. We personally love it! It looks fresher, more streamlined, and most importantly… fixes a few small graphics issues.

For example, this one:

image (1)

But never fear, those that love the old layout! We made sure that you can still use it if you’re not fond of the changes. To do so, go to your profile, and select preferences.

From there, choose “Gems of War 2018” from the “Theme” dropdown menu.

Cheers!

4 Likes

I like the new forum look. :heart_eyes_cat: It looks more modern.

1 Like

I much prefer the old layout. This one is harder to read.

That link goes to Andrew’s profile page, not ours. Trying to go to preferences to find a dropdown has thus far yielded nothing. Fixed, thanks.

7 Likes

Looks much better indeed. :+1:

2 Likes

Fixed it, thanks @shimrra.

We made sure to have the old theme usable for people just like yourself.

3 Likes

This is cool, but not for me. Any way I can move back to the old format for mobile? I looked in preferences and there was nothing about themes there. Also, pic to show that profile pics are squished which really bugs me.

I also couldnt find the theme section in the preference on PC. Might be a chance I missed it tho, but checked twice.

1 Like

Love the new look. Very modern!

1 Like

Working as intended?

Oh wow, it all just changed for me.

If you’re referring to the text overlap in category names, I think the old version used to do that as well. If you’re talking about something else, I didn’t notice it so please point it out to me.

It works now, thanks for keeping the old layout.

2 Likes

Profile>Preferences>Interface (bottom of list on left side, at least for me). Theme is first choice on the next page.

5 Likes

Correct.
But when they reworked it completely. Wouldn’t it make sense if it didn’t do that anymore? Basically I was asking if they are okay with the overlap. It was never an issue raised before because I didn’t think they had time to mess with things like forums layouts. Yet here we are. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

At first it didnt show up. But now it did, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixed and gone back to “2018” version, everything is good.

3 Likes

The update broke the forums until I did a hard refresh. Now the site is fully fixed (and it looks amazing!)

Someone just told you to “force reload” your browser to fix something. Depending on your operating system all you need to do is the following key combination:

Windows: ctrl + F5
Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R
Linux: F5

1 Like

Nice revamp, just a shame that I posted this in February 2018, yet the Forum search still makes it very difficult to read the results…

5 Likes

If you ant to go back to the former interface you click on your pic, then click on your name, select preferences and go to interface. On that page you can make your choice

1 Like

Can we reduce the font size in quoted posts? It is much larger (for me (only?)) than the standard font size, which seems the wrong way around.

3 Likes