We were all socked by these two lucky guy 1500 battle only lose 1 or 3

I had a lot of words here but I guess it all boils down to one small point: GoW is really weird to me because I’ve never played a game where the most fabulous stunt runners were completely anonymous.

In other games I’ve played, even competitive ones, people gleefully post streams and logs of their best playthroughs. Yes, people pick up their tricks and beat them. They want that, because the fun is in beating the people who can beat you. Or, in other circumstances, the in-game resource cost or real-life time cost was so high few people could even try.

GoW’s superstars mystify me. They show up and pull off a stellar record for a week or two, but they’re never people who are widely known and they never show up to brag about their conquests. Our only contact with them comes through strange agents who show up if they are accused of cheating to argue their case. A lot of times, after their stunt, they disappear and aren’t seen again. Were they banned for cheating? Did they feel like they reached the top and quit? We never find out.

The only constant is that their agent shows up on the forums to aggressively defend their innocence. It’s always “a guildmate” and often someone who “lives in another country and has never personally met them”, but they also can assure us they’re the most legit and ethical of people. It always reeks of someone trying to cover something up.

The only reason I believe it at all is I have yet to figure out who would benefit from it being some kind of hoax, and a scant few people I’ve met on Discord were able to show me convincing proof it’s possible if not really rare to maintain these streaks. Even with hacks, that’s a lot of effort to pull off some lulz, and I don’t think we’d see it recur so frequently. I have a few other theories but frankly they’re so left-field I don’t even want to post them.

I went and turned my original “a lot of words” into a different “a lot of words” now, sigh. Put an “almost” in front of any “never”, I know a few exceptions have showed up in the past.

1 Like

this is your proof? please dont fool me 1069 win with only 21562 points mean he play the left side the most easy and the lowest team score ,i can alway meet people lower then lv 100 everage 20 point for one fight

an for these three the first one everage 67 points the second 67 the third 61.5 that means the first and the second play the right side the hardest and the highest score one ,the third play the minddle

your proof means nothing dont fool we ok?

end of the discussion ,alway funny people here ask me to explain this or he explain that ,and i found myself stupid to explain for these funny people

win 200 pvp in 2 hours i dont care you play left or righ ,just win 200, i am waiting for the next funny guy to finish this challenge

1 Like

Are you working for EA?
You sounds awfully like them, calling nerf “adjustments” is the same logic as calling lootboxes “surprise mechanics”.

It’s a gambling :slot_machine: hub what do you expect.
GOW can’t have the best player so no one can brag about anything. Things like this happens from time to time by few determined players.
Anyway let’s not steer away from the original argument you asked for proof I did my part
Now I was telling that your judgment is clouded by the fact that you lot 2 guild mates for cheating and still didn’t bring anything to the table that suggested that these 2 weren’t challenging each other and were cheating? :man_teacher:

On the fact that the accuser didn’t bring any proof and the fact that he lost 2 of his friends. I dismiss this thread. :man_judge:

He actually made a firm point and compared one very major adjustment to two very small adjustments, using that as the basis for calling big adjustments “nerfs” and small adjustments “adjustments”.

“Adjustment” is just a word. So is “nerf”. So is “change”. It really doesn’t matter what word anyone uses, and in the end Beleth’s new point is “not all changes are equal”. Both changes are still adjustments, and both changes are still nerfs. I can call them “chainsaws” if I want to. It’s unorthodox but valid.

Try a little harder. You don’t have to reflexively disagree with everything that responds to you. Sometimes if you look at a person’s argument, you can see a part you agree with and decide to build that up instead of focusing on tearing down the part that’s already been discussed and repeated.

Other times (and I’m still learning this) it’s even more fun to stop responding, because you realize there’s nothing new left to cover and it’s not likely the other person doesn’t understand your stance, it’s that they are so opposed they don’t care to accept your arguments. You don’t have to chainsaw their mind.

You never gain any ground by going straight for the person with junk like “Are you working for EA???” It just makes your argument weaker and makes you look less worth engaging.

1 Like

I’m torn, because I’ve heard from a guildie whose using a Zuul team in PVP going for 200+ win streaks in T3 PVP…but on the other hand…I’ve done enough PVP to know that no team is infallible no matter how well it’s designed.

The team posted in here has 3 major RNG elements in it:

• Flammifer randomly creates 10 gems
  • Zuul randomly creates skulls
  • Leprechaun randomly explodes the board

I get how Sunspear’s natural entangle and freeze opener and firestorms play into a team like this and the winrate I’d expect to be very high.

…but like consistently going on streaks of like 300+ games in a row good? With that much RNG in a team? Never faced a single team that was able to just loop you dead no matter what you did?

The standard Divine Ish / Qilin / Rope Dart / Moon Rabbit team could turn a bad starting board against that team into a win on a single turn without a problem.

Do I believe it’s possible to do this? Yes. Do I tend to not believe it? Also yes. I’d 100% believe it if they were just re-rolling constantly to ensure their T3 PVP opponent didn’t have any way of stopping them, but just taking every single T3 PVP fight without ever re-rolling and winning that much just doesn’t seem likely.

Not calling the people at the top cheaters…I wouldn’t go as far as to report them unless something seemed SUPER off… but I wouldn’t believe that they weren’t doing SOMETHING weird unless explicitly shown otherwise.

…but then again it’s a Sunspear team so OF COURSE it’s the best and OF COURSE they’d win that much :laughing:

1 Like

Nerf is to make a whatever weaker. Adjustment includes nerf and buff.
If it’s about cosmetic, opinions from different people can differ. But this is hard and cold value change, I don’t see other side of it.
Calling nerf “adjustment” isn’t wrong, but avoids the part of it being made weaker.
EA calling lootboxes “surprise mechanics” is the same, avoiding the predatory nature.

If you’re okay with his logic, no problem, but I’m disgusted.

In that case, we can just agree that we disagree.
If you don’t plan to disagree with me on this statement too, of course🙄

Happy paperbag’s day​:clap::clap: