We want real PVP, not AI!

The OP was not calling for a change in structure of Gems, you using those terms incorrectly in this context. But I get your point.

sounds like an echo chamber effect :sunglasses:

So ? What are you waiting for then ? Hurry up and implement this feature. Instead of spending time and $ releasing new troops and cities which are useless, why donā€™t you actually do something to make this game better. There are so many games PVP available - I donā€™t understand why you say itā€™s too hard to do. Just hire better programmers and get this done.

If you want to sit whilst a real person loops you to nothing for 5 minutes then great. I donā€™t.
Today I came across the crimson bat, sacrifice, Elspeth sacrifice team in guild wars on the ps4. One turn was all the ai needed to perfectly play his team to the last cast of his crimson bat which team wiped me in one go. Impressive and slightly annoying at the same time.
I canā€™t see real pvp work for this game unless itā€™s unranked or something. Weā€™d also need a virtual coin toss pre match.
Iā€™d just like to see improvements to the ai for now.

3 Likes

What ? Are you scared ? Why you waste time battle a fake player like Ai ? The game can be improved to prevent infinite loops etc. Easy. I donā€™t see the point playing a game against predicable ai just to win. What does this achieve ? Nothing ! I feel maybe you are person that needs to win no matter how easy just to feel good, like mommy pat you on the head and say good boy. Without real PVP then this is pointless game.

Yes, you win. Youā€™re one hundred per cent right. Obviously.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, I am not a developer for Gems of War, I am a player like you. I am however a developer with experience in the games industry.

A feature will be developed if demand outweighs the cost, and the team can translate the investment into revenue (direct monetization, or indirect via sustained interest and incidental purchase drivers). In this instance, demand has not outweighed cost. You can shout about it until the cows come home, but realize your voice is but one of many, and youā€™ve seen dissent even here, among the most invested players in the game. I would not hold my breath assuming this feature will arrive anytime soon.

5 Likes

So why are you here and why are you playing it? Oh, and whilst weā€™re dishing out insults, since you started with oneā€¦
Are you called Hector Edwards?
Its just that Iā€™ve worked out what the TAC part of your forum name stands for.
Touche

Stop with the excuses and implement real pvp Lyya!

2 Likes

You seem slow learner. Implementation of this feature is actually quite easy. This game makes considerable money and has resources to do this. You also fail to notice the agreement this thread has garnered, only a few dissent. Also, you do not factor in a whole new player base that would play this game if it has real PVP. It is not a difficult thing to achieve. And I would also like to point out PV Ai game mode can still exist (no change) as a feature - for example for beginners to the game, amateurs, or those who like easy win.

@lyya a slow learner? Hahahahahahahaha!!! That is funny! Do you even realize how ridiculous you are making yourself sound? I doubt itā€¦ So run along young one and play with your legos

7 Likes

I donā€™t get drawn into slanging matches with trolls and iā€™ve already gone further than Iā€™d prefer.

4 Likes

I agree, itā€™s great to know when to stop! :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe one of the biggest reasons to not invest in real time PVP:

• The one who doesnā€™t start, losses 90% of the time.
  • The support center will never be big enough to handle all the tickets about disconnections or other
    real time PVP related bugs.
  • The boards that already is filled with negativity will die because of a major depression.
1 Like

Just because you post an very old, tired, and unoriginal topic doesnā€™t mean that individuals choosing to not post support you.

Edit: Sirrians thoughts on ā€œReal PvPā€ summed up in a cat gif.

3 Likes

No human vs human battles? #firstworldproblems

3 Likes

No, no, no and no. You wanna play Hearthstone, go play Hearthstone. Otherwise sit down and play.

12 Likes

After the cries-of-woe from a few people with the addition of Guild Wars, can you imagine the outcry from real-time PVP? :smile:

The only upside I can see is that it would make for very good reading.

What was the forum name of the person that kept banging on about ā€˜real PVPā€™ as this @Tache person is doingā€¦? Strange that the offender hasnā€™t piped up hereā€¦

His name is: ā€œThis user is suspended until Oct 4, 2044 7:07 am.
Reason: Excessive Trollingā€

2 Likes

ā€œYou seem slow learner.ā€

In Russia, video game plays you.

2 Likes