We need Daily Quests!

As an FYI: Tasks on console ALREADY secretly divided between early/mid game and late game players. Its been a long time since Mr. Strange told me but the cut off is level around 150 or 250.

I also agree with @Stan shorter bit size Tasks are much better for Daily Tasks. Expanding the existing “Weekly Event” to include other aspects of the game would be fine by me.

Like in “Arena” a weekly special that you can only draft the Event Kingdoms troops yourself, and winning would give you a special reward.

It wasn’t necessarily “shorter” tasks that I liked. It was the idea of having to do something complex, where you wouldn’t be sure you’d be able to pull it off in any given battle, that I really liked. The kill 8 opponents with your hero weapon task is a little like that, in that you can try to do it just two battles, but I’d like more like that.

since when you do ever see event kingdom troops in arena? i still do arena sometimes for a change of scenary. the Devs would have to write code to put them as a higher chance to be able to recruit them and doubt that would happen cause then arena would almost be too easy with their buffs

That’s what I’m referring to. They would need to code it to only draft “Adana” or whatever the weekly kingdom is. As part of the separate draft they can account for the power difference in coding/design.

ok i would consider going along with you on this if in arena event buffs were not active (same as they did with the traits)

I know i would be all for Arena to be added in some quests or a least get some attention. Maybe have another mode that the troop selection is more varied. Maybe include all troops. Still would be a lot of fun playing totally random teams against another random team.

@thebuck2613
Hey just wanted to mention you guys should be VERY thankful you not getting the Task System immediately after the Unity migration, But after the developers evaluate the system. New day more 15 Construct battles with little synergy! I almost made it a week without having to do two of them.
https://postimg.org/image/vuoims8ff/

1 Like

i wouldnt care so much about the contruct battles but that forge a trait one could be a problem, being that i almost have all traits for all card

That one is always in slot 1, so if you don’t (or can’t) complete it, you’ll get a new task the next day. There is one for “increase a troop to level 15”, that some players can’t complete, but it rolls over the next day. It would be nice if it didn’t come up at all if it wasn’t achievable, but it’s only a minor problem and clears up the next day.

I really wonder whether there is something account-related that causes certain people to get certain tasks more than others. You get constructs way more than I do, but I get Zhul’Kari at least once or twice a week (maybe you do, too - I don’t know).

Yesterday, I had a rare task alignment where I was able to do all 4 at once if I wanted to (4 of the same mana colour, 4 from the same kingdom, 3 from Broken Spire, 3 brown). I cleared the first one during my guild battles, but could have almost as easily done 4 at once.

For any PC/Mobile players that are interested in seeing how the task system looks in action, I took the opportunity and did a short video (about 8 minutes) demonstrating the daily task system which you can see over here:

1 Like

I think that the hard coded table is preventing any “semblance” of RNG, a hold over from the original system.

As to Zhul’Kari its really hard to say without keeping track. Once a week absolutely, not sure of it twice, I just had Zhul’Kari today of course. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have not idea why but I don’t mind Zhul’Kari one as much (perhaps because there are some choices of troops and its only 10-12 battles?)

The “Task System” 4.0? looks a long ways off. Nimhain said mobile would be migrated months after PC was switched to Unity and new Task system was going to be after mobile.

I don’t mind it either. There is a thread going about the “web” effect, but I use it to good effect when I have a Zhul’Kari task: Gorgotha, Reaver, Tal Rae, Giant Spider.

I wish we had a list of tasks (hard-coded, random, etc.) so we could be better informed as we talk about this.

Ok @Stan I’m blaming you… I’m on my 3rd Zhul’Kari Task this week. The developers must of noticed the forum fun and copy/pasted a few dozen more Zhul’Kari entries into the task table in your honor. :wink:

Joking aside, It’s been a good week thus far… only 1 dreaded Construct Task this week.

1 Like