We need Daily Quests!

Uhg… yea, too much trouble.
15+ condition-imposed battles a day?
I’m going crazy over 5 mono-color battles a day right now.
Reallly need to cut down those numbers in the daily tasks!

Most aren’t that bad, I’ve been somewhat unsuccessful to date over that past year+ trying to refine a few of the worst Task offenders for the better.

The ONE accidental exception was when I foolishly argued against someone who was telling me I wasn’t playing the game correctly for “wasting Treasure Maps”… I was rapidly loosing Treasure Hunt as quick as possible and repeatedly cycling “Use 4 Treasure Maps for 100 Glory”. Obviously that Task was removed, and doing more than one per day was removed too.

Some of the daily tasks are a chore. Win X amount of fights with a certain type of troops is a drag most of the time.

You don’t have to do all of them every day, and some days you can get several that you can do at the same time. Plus, for the ‘constrained’ ones, you can always do them in explore or challenge mode, so it’s not like you have to take a weak team into PVP. Or you can pick one off here or there as you grind PVP (if you see an easy team pop up, use a task team, then go back to your regular teams). Most days, I like the extra variety.

1 Like

You dont have to do daily quests. Unlike GW it wouldnt affect the entire guild, so i think there would be no reason for someone to feel they “have” to do all daily quests. It would be just something besides pvp for people that want to play every day.

1 Like

it looked like win 15 battles of 3 certain troops(contructs or beast) could be in any battle. it doesnt seem like that would be an issue if you are doing explore, but if forced pvp i could see the struggle

1 Like

That is correct, any battle. There are PvP related tasks but they don’t specify team criteria. There are also Arena and TH tasks as well. Personally if the team is decent (like 3 Beasts, or 3 color) I’ll roll with it in PvP, if not then I’ll do Explore. You just have to decide what kind of challenge/difficulty you are looking for on that Task and then use that game mode.

Tasks are currently completely independent of your Guild. (Well there is one task to donate 50k). There is no “have to” what so ever. They are totally optional.

2 Likes

Once PC/Mobile is moved over to Unity we will be revamping daily tasks. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

@thebuck2613 i like idea of daily quests but the numbers you put there are more like a “weekly chore grind” not a “daily” :sweat_smile:

and im expecting more of the xonsole type of daily tasks with diffent requirements then just winning basic game modes :slight_smile:

lol yea i was hoping they would make those rewards for daily but know them win 100 pvp match give 2k gold or something

sweet @Saltypatra thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:
any spoiler about how long? specific date or few months or before next year

Definitely before next year. :wink:

5 Likes

im not much on internet knowledge, so i just gotta ask, switching to unity server would i still be playing on steam?

Edit: my pc is over 10 yrs old and cannot handle some apps lol

Absolutely. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can we get daily tasks with greater variety and originality rather than algorithmic cookie-cutter x battles with troop type y. Like ‘kill two enemies at once with Rowanne’ or ‘kill diseased enemies with virulence-doubled skull damage’. Pls

4 Likes

Those are cool ideas, but the tasks have to be achievable for players in all game states. I’m not sure if an average level 100 player would have the library of cards and traits needed to complete your second example.

In general, I love the idea of doing one more complex task (where you might need to attempt to complete it over several battles), rather than X simple tasks, at least some of the time.

@Strat it wouldnt let me “quote” your image so i copied it, i just wanted to say i hope that task for make 100 5-gem matches is not a weekly task i could make a team to do that in one battle lol

Perhaps I didnt explain how it works clearly as PC players have never had Tasks.

1. There 4 Tasks Slots (A-D)
  2. Slot A refreshes every daily reset (no matter if you finished it or not)
  3. Slot B-D only refreshes on the daily reset IF you finish it. Otherwise it will stay in your list (Months or more if un-completed)

The Task in question is in slot D, you might not be able to do 100 5 matches in a single battle because of accidentally killing the opponents troops but in 3-5 battles it should be no problem. (So if you finish it the day you get it, you will get a new one on the daily reset)

I hope this answers your question.

2 Likes

yes that is a lot more clear, im not sure if i misread somewhere but i was thinking some reset weekly

Fair comment thanks.

My main comeback would be that earlier/mid game players have any number of things to do and get more variety that way.

It’s the endgame players that need the tasks to make things more creative.

3 Likes