We Need A Deed gnome!

bump, adding this for 10 character limit

2 Likes

Would love to see a deed gnome!

1 Like

This, and also, a 5th band gnome that drops a copy of ur least owned verse (or a blank one that you could then craft into any), could even call it a roadie gnome.

2 Likes

I’d love a 5th verse gnome that lets you choose your verse.

I requested the same long time ago and posted a custom mythic that do that.

Ada the Librarian

1st Vault Mythic. Drops Writs, Deeds of the different colors. Drops occasionally Imperial deeds and Books of the different colors.

3 Likes

another IDEA: a super rare mythic verse gnome that awards 1 full palooza

2 Likes

Can we talk practicalities here for a moment?

First, Books of Deeds are perhaps the single most valuable resource out there right now. In terms of rarity, in terms of necessity, in terms of difficulty to farm them. Probably even in terms of “if you stuck a gun to the average player’s head and required him to purchase one and only one in-game thing with real money, Books of Deeds are atop the list”.

Second, Gnomes don’t really give out huge quantities of stuff, at least not the stuff that isn’t plentiful and commonplace like Gold or Souls. So the idea that a Gnome is going to give out the equivalent of 50 Deeds at once doesn’t agree with the current paradigm; you’re much more likely to see single Deeds or even just a handful of Writs if the developers are going to fall back upon “not fundamentally upending the current game economy”. (You know, like they did when Gnome-a-Palooza rewards were nerfed shortly after introduction.)

Third, the current Gnome pool is so populated that the odds of pulling one of the rare(r) Gnomes isn’t very good to begin with. A Deed Gnome would certainly fall at the same end of the spectrum as the Cursed Gnome and the Dragonite Gnome, as opposed to the Treasure Gnome, Soul Gnome, et cetera. So it’s not like you’re going to see him often enough for it to matter unless you’re either very lucky or the rewards are set so high that it’s worth chasing for that super-rare drop the same way some people chase the Hoard Mimic.

…

And fourth? There’s already a mechanism that’s likely a more efficient way than a Deed Gnome, at least a Deed Gnome as restricted according to my thoughts above. And that’s the Merchant/Daemon/Genie/Angel system that pops up after some Explore (and Delve) battles.

Even with the math being the way it is and the relatively unlikely odds that any of them will show after any particular eligible battle? Even with the math being the way that it is and the relatively unlikely odds that the one you want will show up when one does? Even with the math being the way that it is and the need for those first two to hit before the game “rolls” for whichever offer you’re chasing?

Just waiting for the Angel to appear with the shiny object you’re after is probably better odds than chasing a scarce Gnome whose appearance odds are at the very bottom of the pool. And it’s something you can almost certainly chase with better probability just by spamming a rapid Explore 1 team the way you already do for a Gnome-a-Palooza.

…

tl;dr? I think the mechanism already exists in the game without the idea that the developers should code yet another new Gnome.

I agree that the merchant/angel system is the best way for us to catch up on deeds. (There r surprises on adventure boards, but it’s too random) It’s a very slow pace, but if u had an infinite amount of time and gems, u would get your kingdoms to level 20 eventually. (Maybe we would have flying cars by then?):rofl:

There are several problems with this though, and it could be refined like this:

1. remove genies/demons. Nobody likes them. They r annoying. They waste time. Poof. Be gone.
  2. Remove soul, ingot and treasure map offers. Completely useless and a wasted opportunity for other resources.

I also find grinding explore 1 just for merchant/angel offers extremely boring. It’s like watching paint dry. For instance, when I finally get that 3 magic deed offer, I say, “uh, hey, can I buy like 300 of those and get on with the rest of my day?”

1 Like