WAR! HUH! What is he good for? Absolutely nothing!

I agree completely. Perhaps if the devs could hint if there was going to be synergy between the mythics, I might be more interested. As he is right now, I feel like I just wasted a bunch of arcane traitstones.

1 Like

Yeah. I bought the second trait because I was excited and it was the first day. I don’t have the stones yet for the third trait, but even if I get them now, I won’t use them on him. I don’t think he has a place on any of my teams.

I think if they just lower his spell cost he’ll be quite strong. Once he gets off his spell the game seems to end quickly, the prob is just the large barrier to getting there.

I agree completely. Drop his cost, lower the targeting damage if need be.

1 Like

More the once I’ve managed to get War’s spell off the very first turn, perhaps it’s just the team he’s being used in

I played Cell’s deck (war/val/val/mer) but with U/Y banner, had a single loss (to first turn endless cascades for the AI, would have ruined any team) climbing to 2100 pts.

I was completely skeptic about war but in practice it works fine with that massive support. A secondary damage dealer would help a lot certainly, when war dies that happens every once in a while it takes forever to kill the remaining 1-2 troops with just cascades and skulls. The usual speed is fair. I didn’t play converters for some time so it was pretty fun too. But next week look ahead to use the queen. :slight_smile:

In practice he’s fair, so the improvement I’d look for would be like super-flame (overrides flame-proof like effects).

Then we can have “super flameproof,” and then “mega flame,” and then “mega flameproof.”

6 Likes

Try this deck. It’s really effective. It’s really quick to get war charged and the true damage and the burn just melts the other team.

Gorgotha
War
Marilith
Herd master

I actually wonder what kind of troop bonuses the horsemen bring along…? I wouldn’t be suprised if they boost every stat pretty high to balance their extremely high costs.

Who knows… maybe the 4 horsemen will synergize with another…

I posted the kingdom bonus already.

Additionally, they’re all (presumably) Knights, which will give you:

Knight General
All troops gain +2 Attack and +4 Armor for having 4 unique Knight troops

And a deathly fear of Bunni’Nog

4 Likes

Doh!

10 characters

Is war available to all of us?
A guild mate ran into a 3x war team. I thought it wasn’t released yet, but I see all of you building teams around him in this topic? Can somebody share a light on its availability?

War has been available as of the 2.0 release.

2 Likes

I was actually planning on bumping this thread, to see if anybody has a team that they’ve been using this troupe on since he was modified. And to see what people’s thoughts on him more now. So, does anyone have any feedback?

@Machiknight

I never had a problem with him before the buff (in fact I didn’t unlock his 2nd and 3rd traits until after) and he does indeed finish his matches so much faster (FYI his 3rd trait will trigger on your first turn starting him off ready to hit hard off the bat) and armor piercing lets him one shot 50% of the time nearly any enemy that has been lit ablaze (and even a few who aren’t)

My team is

Yellow/yellow banner

War (3)
Valkyrie (3)
Valkyrie (3)
Mercy (3)

On top of @Lyya’s comment, the devs (I believe… I could be mis-remembering someone else’s suggestion instead) have suggested that for a week or so after a new Mythic is released (which should be roughly every month) they will be the only Mythic available in chests, after which all previous Mythics will return to chests till the next one is released. However since War is currently the only one, we don’t know how this will play out exactly.

1 Like

War is still currently in chests (can confirm from a guild notification) when the next Mythic comes out it will be the only mythic you can get from the changeover where it is released to the next changeover where both War and the new mythic will in the chests

Ive read that 3 times and still dont know if only one mythic will be available at a time. Sorry, not being a troll but Im curious if only one mythic will be available at a time, you say that but then say it the other way at the end.

When a new mythic is released, for a period of two weeks, it will be the only mythic available.

Mythic a is out

Mythic b comes out

All other mythic troops except mythic b are removed from chests

Two weeks go by with only mythic b available in chests

Mythic a is out back into circulation so both mythic a and mythic b are available.