WAR! HUH! What is he good for? Absolutely nothing!

Quoting for posterity. Even the developers are mixing up rank and tier in this brave new post-2.0 world. Well, that or dhjl is Sirrian’s alt account.

11 Likes

Am i the only one who thinks you have had more play time with him than any of us? I am not saying you cheated however i think you beta tested him in an other account and not your main one probable on the test server.[quote=“Grundulum, post:21, topic:7604”]
Even the developers are mixing up rank and tier in this brave new post-2.0 world
[/quote]

Yep, so they are. If the fix it so teir becomes rank instead of what we have then everyone would stop making the mistake but lingo as it is will take some adjusting.

1 Like

Haha - my problem is that it’s still called “rank” in the codebase!
(that’s my excuse, and I’m sticking to it!)

10 Likes

Please, please tell me that the field for rank is named “tier” in the database. Even if it’s a lie.

1 Like

What if it is and it is not a lie?

May I ask your team lineup with him?

I would like to know as well.

So I found an unconventional deck that works pretty well. Slow though.

Drakerider *** (gem conversion and PYROMANIA!)
Alchemeist
Valkyrie
War

It feels weird to have war at the back, but he is just so vulnerable and squishy out front!

War’s attack is completely misleading. He is a spell slinger pure and simple. Granted one that can pull your butt out of the fire if attacking does come down to him. But by end of game he is easily throwing for 60 dmg fully traited

1 Like

I feel like that was not the intent, personally. With two traits specifically geared toward skull damage, I think he was meant for the front line. I’m not saying you’re incorrect – you’re not – but for their (steep) cost, his first two traits are wasted when he’s in the back row.

3 Likes

Very true.

@Lyya I feel the same way, but at the same time, I also think @Mufasha is correct, WAR is an expensive caster, who can smack someone down if he is left standing by himself.

Guys, and please do not get upset at me, This is the only troop, what we know is he is a front line and may or may not follow the same order the other 3 horsemen came in and may or may not follow in terms of usefulness as the elemental sprites. He is underpowered and his mana cost (30) should be replaced with maws (24) so that he can feel more mythical and powerful.

The question really is, is there a bigger picture to see? He might be a jigsaw piece missing the puzzle, that the other three horsemen complete. On the other hand – he’s a base mythic troop, hard to get (you have to be quite lucky, at least), very hard to kit out (42 arcane traitstones!), and yet feels somehow incomplete or badly implemented.

At the risk of making him overpowered, I feel like one of his two on-skull-hit traits should be replaced with a damage mitigation trait (Armored, or Stoneskin) so he can last longer in his primary role. It would still be tricky to use him, as in the front row he’s still blocking half the mana, but at least he’d stay alive long enough there for his spell to matter while still wrecking stuff on skull hits.

1 Like

What is of interest to me is that the Imps from the Primal Kingdom do get a kingdom bonus when used together, I wonder if the “Apcolypse” kingdom grants a bonus too

1 Like

i am going to wager my pickle chips on that

It does. The bonus is:

All troops gain +1 Attack for having 2 unique Apocalypse troops
All troops gain +3 Attack for having 3 unique Apocalypse troops
All troops gain +3 Attack and +1 Magic for having 4 unique Apocalypse troops

1 Like

How did you come about that information?

Was in the game files pre-2.0. It may have changed, but that’s what it was before the patch.

EDIT: It’s still in the game files in 2.0.

Aww. I was kind of hoping that the kingdom bonus would be something like a fourth trait – 5/10/20% chance of a random status effect on a troop each turn, or something like that.