VP reset at end of Season

I have passed 800K VP and am a “Great General” - aside from my weekly bracket and Global Leaderboard I have no incentive to grind for more. This is because at the beginning of next Season my VP goes back to zero. Y’all say that my unused Icons will turn into 10% of their value as a “headstart” - how about giving us 10% of our total VP from the previous Season? This would make me want to possibly grind to 8 million by the end of this one! (Not really but I’d make a dent.)

4 Likes

If we’re going to look for a compromise (although we arguably shouldn’t have to, for reasons detailed here: Alliance Ranks Shouldn't Be Reset Every Season - #17 by AMT ), dropping down a single Alliance Rank at season reset would keep players ‘busy’ within their own activity range, without the current overkill burnout design.

:vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

So I’d only need to get 70K to get back to Great General? I’d love that but highly unlikely. GG (and really all 5 passive daily GM tiers) is endgame PvP and I’m totally fine grinding for it every 11 weeks. Something to do for those that have it all done (or at least are on Book Mountain) while we wait for GW or whatever comes next round the bend. “Overkill” is subjective, “burnout” happens, and like you said it’s by “design.”

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate and understand the stance of VP retention - my purpose for this post was to help the devs appreciate and understand I have no “overkill burnout” motivation in PvP now that I’ve hit 800K and to open a discussion around solutions for this Season.