VIP Player Benefits

I have to agree with your last paragraph, there really is nothing left for me to do but craft 2 end game mythics, and get 2 cards from vault rewards, I would not mind getting a vault key every day, but I have accomplished most of my game goals and other than chasing a few cards to bring a few troops to mythic that I will never use it does not hold much for me at this time other than caring about my guild family and helping newer players, as far as a new currency goes I have no clue how that would work our, the orbs are kind of meh for me but I do not mind stockpiling them so I do not have to use as many stones when a new mythic comes out

I would rather they reduce the cost of vip keys. With spare gems much harder to come by since 3.3 I feel my “purchase” of vip chest access is now worthless if I can’t afford to open them.

1 Like

I reached VIP Lvl 19 today… so yes, i spent a lot of money, because i love the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

but i would also love to see a change in the vip rewards.
i would say:
VIP 16: 1 VIP key per week
VIP 17: 2 VIP keys per week
VIP 18: 3 VIP keys per week
VIP 19: 4 VIP keys per week
VIP 20: 5 VIP keys per week
anstead of the useless extra team slots, that no one needs! XD

and i don’t think, it would “kill” the game… i opened a lot of VIP chests already and mostly i get epics and stonesm witch i mostly have tones of already too. The chances for Legendary and mythics are very small anyway…

2 Likes

For the record I would bet most people would disagree that extra team slots are useless. Many of us could do with an extra 5-10 slots easily.

Now whether they’re lame as high level VIP rewards, well that may be. I’m pretty sure I could be convinced to pay $5 for 2 extra slots if they put that in the store…

2 Likes

with VIP lvl 19 i have 45 team slots…

i use 10… 6 for every color in the guild wars, 1 defence team, 1 attack team, 1 gold farming team and one slot for experimenting… that’s it XD

I think there’s two ways to get to a very high VIP level. One is to spend a TON of money up-front. The other is to spend small amounts of money over a long period of time. I think what makes determining “worth it” VIP rewards hard is what “matters” depends where on that spectrum you fall.

If you spend slowly, you’re at a level where the kind of “worth it” rewards are silly to give away for free. Ignoring VIP level, at my phase of the game about the only thing I’d love to pay for is diamonds. VIP keys aren’t super exciting compared to that.

I don’t have a good handle on what’d be interesting for a player who spent enough to get to VIP 10 in a short span of time like 3 months. I don’t think even spending that much money gives you a solid basis for approaching competitive play. So sure, for those players “more VIP keys” is a great incentive. It kind of makes sense someone who throws a ton of money at the game intends to make a LOT of progress. To that end, giving out lots of VIP keys at those high levels makes sense.

So maybe this is just another one of those things in the game where what counts as “good” is very context-sensitive. Slow spenders don’t benefit from the VIP system much at all, even with increased rewards. Fast spenders benefit much more at the current reward levels, but I lack the context to decide if it’s “enough”. In the end there’s really not much the game could put on the table that’d talk me into spending more than about $20 in a month. It’s not that I don’t like the VIP rewards, it’s that I have limits on what I think is a responsible expenditure.

You’ll be using 11 once you get tasks lol

I splurged on the good armor and a number of gem packs over my year here, but my last purchase with real cash was quite a while ago, and it isn’t because I got anything super amazing from when I did spend cash. As I said in other threads, I will not financially support where this game is going. I’ll play it until a slap in the face (like gem sink shops) hits me harder than I can recover from. Ie: PVP costing gems per play, etc etc.

With that said, my VIP level is I believe 8, and I don’t even know what I get from it. Some glory keys I think? Before the gem sinks and nerfs, I was fine with it. If I could get all of the things I got with real life money taken away, and my money refunded, I would take that option in a heartbeat due to the turn of events.

In general, VIP chests, and the rewards from the VIP level, are both completely and utterly worthless. They can help a brand new player with the armor, or maybe to pull a Mythic, but honestly with so many mythics being as bad as they are (in comparison to the good ones), it isn’t worth it. To me at least.

Fair enough! I have 29 and wish I had a few more. 12 tied up for GW (2 for each color), 8 for GW defenses, 1 explore, 1 to rotate event teams each week and the rest for PvP & misc. I have enough solid teams now that if I want to mess with anything new I have to cannibalize 1 of the existing ones.

Wish I could purchase 2 or 3 of your unused ones :wink:

On another note, thanks for your philanthropy, helping keep the game around for the rest of us to enjoy! :clinking_glasses:

There are now so many gem sinks in the game I never have gems to buy VIP keys anymore, so I wouldn’t recommend being a VIP at all anymore! I don’t think I’ve spend any this entire year and they got me with pets. They did such a good job with the pets. I bought some and before you know I’m scrounging just to have enough gem for bounty this week.

VIP keys? What are those? I’m VIP level 14 and I may as well be level 4 without access to VIP keys for all the good it does me now.

3 Likes

I haven’t been VIP 5 for long and I’m not sure if things were better before or not. I do wish you’d atleast consider reworking VIP rewards … a weekly VIP key or something would be cool.

As for the gem sinks … eh … sometimes you just can’t buy everything … if you see bounty coming up … maybe take the week before off and save gems for it ? If you really like raid and want to crush at it … save for 2 weeks and then kill it . Is it ideal ? no … but it is what it is .

Agreed entirely! I Love this game… I spend real money in exchange for virtual goods and services… Those of us who invest into this game, as we do, deserve VIP rewards. I dropped $50 the other day for gems… Didn’t even land one mythic out of the deal when I used them. The least that could be done to reward my purchase or any other purchases I’ve or others have made is throw us some VIP keys.

If you dropped $50 and are not happy with the result. You should look at the “Path to…” Offers instead, they Guarantee a Mythic.

4 Likes

:point_up: this

What is that… I’m down for any guaranteed mythics! Just got scooped by a great guild but never heard that mentioned… Still learning

1 Like

More % souls is an insult in vip levels. Especially after vip 10.

My favorites are the ones that give 10% extra XP. You know, basically double the Lucky pet, which is even less benefit than it sounds.

Under the Offers I think. Here is link to a video made by @Tacet when they released. I would assume the info is still up to date.

2 Likes

This is great! Checking it out now :grinning:

Don’t forget its a random mythic. So the chance of a “good” mythic is not 100%. Also you could get a duplicate of one you already have.