Vault Weekend Replacing Faction Release

Or they wrote the code according to the 4.4 patch and didn’t run smoothly on this version.

Yayyyyyyy 10 char

I have a guildmate who is being affected by this issue, but now whenever she goes into her troop menu the only troops she has access to are the harpies.

Does she need to be worried about the state of the rest of her collection and fill out a bug report, or will the cards reappear when the fix is pushed (making the support ticket unnecessary)?

Edit: we were able to change her troop filter (it had been saved to Stonesong Eyrie) and can now see her other cards.

We can, however, still see her harpies (they should be invisible, no?)

She has no intention of using them until the fix is pushed, but we wanted to let you know in case this same issue is affecting others.

We’re filing a support ticket for a related issue—out of the chaos portal she pulled 15 ogres that were actually ogres (she thought the graphic for a harpy just hadn’t updated in the client) when the faction was taken down. She stopped spending after her 3rd 200 shard purchase, when her game crashed. She’d like the ogres rolled back in exchange for the chaos shards she spent, if at all possible.

1 Like

The changes were already implemented in-game at faction release. Troop changes are easy to do.

Their faction map was missing on stream and never made it to console release either. Everything else was more or less fine in the limited time it came out, quest text included.

I didn’t get a chance to actually play the faction map so I didnt get a chance to check for stone blocks.

1 Like

Whoa I totally forgot those exist, I thought they’d be fleshed out a bit more.

Wait what? How did we come to Warframe?

In any case, my first thought when it was replaced with Gnome Weekend is that I’m going to have less time for farming Plague Star.

@Saltypatra Will the vault event next month not happen now?

I managed to get 1 vault key the whole time :frowning: RIP

Same…but it was a blue orb in disguise :blush:

lol gg I got 100 souls from 2 reg gnomes 4k gold from the other and sparkle sack

Sounds about right. Most of our guild found more than me but only one or 2 were happy with a missing gnome troop card. Slim pickings otherwise.

lol (Not 10 chars)

5 Likes

Stonesong Eyrie troops be like…
2af49fb88ff857ae6a4bdcba6f44f9ef0ed20b1943728d20fa66f03f673d0532

3 Likes

I’ve just read this whole thread, and confirmed that Infinity Plus Two did not admit any fault and did not once apologise for the inconvenience to players that had made plans for the new Faction.

Now, I totally accept that sometimes things go unpredictably wrong, and that a super-Vault weekend was acceptable compensation.

But a company that is explicitly claiming to try and be as “transparent” as possible does not start a news article with excuses or explanations; it starts by APOLOGISING.

No Proper Announcement
At the risk of diluting my critical point, I will also point out that no attempt was made to explain what had happened to players who do not read out-of-game news. Who I presume are in the majority (based on the number of disillusioned people in Global on Friday).

The game includes at least two simple mechanisms for communicating with players: Messages and News/Events. Using either of these to notify every player of the change would have been trivial. Instead, the majority of the player base would have had no idea that the chances of Gnomes had been increased more than usual over the weekend, nor that the reason was an easily-forgiveable developer mistake.

Does Infinity Plus Two have an issue with their Pride?!
Are they in a dysfunctional relationship because they are incapable of apologising?!

3 Likes

“Delayed to unforeseen circumstances” is sort of an apology, and they even posted about it slightly before the event was scheduled to start. I guess I’d have preferred to learn about it a few days earlier, I’m good with how it was handled though. Event schedules are always preliminary and subject to change.

I’d just like to know what happened. “Delayed because we only just figured out summon spam is a garbage faction” isn’t acceptable but that’s what I’m going with until I hear different.

Current spoilers notwithstanding. I’d love for it to actually not be summons but its still pointing towards summons, if slightly less of them.

And I don’t get the hate in this thread (and others) about changing one event into another. So you planned, big deal! It turned into something else, play it or find something else to do. Jeez. Of all the things the devs should apologize for, this is not one of them.

3 Likes

Btw was that ss got taken before they shut down the event or after when troops was supposed to be already unusable?

Cuz next week is GW and would be fun to meet those, that may or may not be strong but for sure we got 0 experience to fight against and we cant pratice either (for example that team, Zully teams kinda make me laugh usually, in GW, but even butchered zully on that one you still gotta deal with EoE and those 2 harpy both can summon? 1 explode and other got 20% chance to istant kill?)

If it helps matters at all, we apologise for the inconvenience in changing our event schedule. We realised something was wrong, and did our best to fix it. We decided that a Vault event would be the best replacement, as typically players enjoy these events the most. We also chose to increase the spawn rate, because we were sorry that the schedule changed. If that was not implied clearly enough, then that’s on me, and I hope that my above apology is clearer and more acceptable.

@Shimmra the issue with the event wasn’t related to the harpy summon, or the associated traits. This was an unforeseen issue that happened during our build process, that made the Delve itself behave incorrectly. So the issue wasn’t with the troops, or even the faction, it was specifically with the Delve and Delve layout. We have investigated this issue and it shouldn’t happen again, and we are very grateful to our internal QA who spotted this and made it known to us in time for us to change the event.

Unfortunately, as is the nature of game dev, things went wrong, and the metaphorical poop hit the fan. We saw the faction still go out on some platforms, even after we made changes on our end.

We did our best to rectify this issue as quickly as possible!

Also to follow up on what @Starlite said earlier, we didn’t push a news article or explain this issue in a global mail because few players actually check them. In the future I will push harder for this to happen, on the off chance that we can let more players know what occurred. I did post about this issue on social media, and am looking into more ways to spread information of this nature to a higher percentage of our player-base in future.

5 Likes

In hindsight, this thread should have been titled: “It’s not our vault, it’s yours”

I was actually able to get vault keys so I kinda hope this will happen again.

17 Likes