And I have the feeling that trend is ongoing since 4 times speed was introduced years ago…if some veterans can remember that.
The list is pretty long now what devs have done to slow us down since then.
So you do intentionally slow down explore. For technical reason, maybe to make sure things happen in correct sequence, instead of malicious intention of diluting player’s gain in gap.
I guess this forced delay may have something to do with side quests. Linear progress in old explore didn’t need forced delay. If that is the cause, perhaps a toogle “always deny side quests and shut down animation in explore” is viable?
Damn puzzle quest 3 is a bomb
.
All that dev time wasted, great decision.
NOTTTTT
What happened? Explore is like it was for me in PC/Mobile. Maybe u can explain @Sighton
We’re constantly being told they can’t focus on bug fixes or QOL upgrades, because they have to keep adding stuff to keep the game fun and attract new players.
I just want the devs to explain why they think boring, annoying, badly made animations, that spam the player between every battle, would EVER keep players excited or feel fun to them, or how it could EVER attract more players to try the game and stick around.
It’s insane.
Not sure how common it is, but I got stuck during the animation, where it wasn’t playing, after buying from a merchant. The game did allow me to exit back to the map, instead, but the animation wasn’t playing and normally you can’t exit at all, so this could be a soft-lock issue, if the animation won’t play and it doesn’t let us exit.
Bug already reported here, but cross-posting for visibility.
Explore map locking during animations - Bug Reports - Gems of War | Forums
I’m trying to test if I can repeat the bug, but if anyone else encounters it, share it on the post so we can try to work out the cause.
Just a quick question, have there been any updates to UNDERWORLD?
Today I put Today I upgraded Fire Rift and Eldrazhor to level 233, as they are the last two that haven’t reached level 500. And I noticed that the enemy stats are much higher. Previously, upon reaching the final room, friends would arrive with stats in the 500+ range; now they’re at 600+. Not only that, but Delve 50 also has higher stats. My Tesla team always used to win with one spell, now I have to use it twice to win each match.
It’s been reported over here already.
It is repeatable.
It occurs when you get an Angel Offer which includes a token(s) (e.g. Anu, Nysha) AND you select this option AND that selection results in an animation to upgrade the token to a badge and/or badge to a medal.
When this occurs, it stops progression of explore. You need to press the ‘<‘ button on the explore page because no battle or side quest is available, then go back into explore and everything is back to normal and working.
To be clear, this minor bug was present before the recent update (9.4).
It may also occur for Merchant Offers which result in token/badge upgrade animations…but I’m not purchasing tokens for gems/gold so don’t see it.
Hmm, sounds like it could be the same thing. But I bought pet food for gold, and it happened. So not exactly the same, but maybe the bug was affected by the update?

