Level 50 devles. I double checked a second one.
Reminder..
Got the update on PC & Android, no problems.
Thanks so much for putting the World Event details in game - looks great! Can’t wait to see the next Tower event.
A post was merged into an existing topic: [reported] Unable to Purchase Level up pack II & visually incorrect prices
A post was merged into an existing topic: [reported] Explore opponent is boosted by player bonuses
The spam during explore has become UNSKIPPABLE???!
Wow, you really suck, devs. People have been pointing out how awful, annoying and frustrating those animations spamming us constantly are. And your response is to make it impossible to skip them, in this update.
It feels like you’re trying to kill this game, sometimes.
You just made an entire game mode less playable, because it’s just so annoying putting up with this spam.
Oh damn. Wow. Not being able to skip Explore animations might be the final nail in the coffin. Jesus Christ.![]()
I thought that had always been the case or at least was mentioned with when we updated Explore battles to add new levels - that there were animations and players passed on feedback about their time already, since we added in the new Explore Map UI?
There was a bug that when you access Quests and then go back to Explore it would skip, which again is a bug, as that need to play out or the state of each Explore node breaks without it.
But if that’s not what you are referring to?
I’m actually surprised it took them this long to ensure their deliberately designed overhead was forced upon us. ![]()
But yeah, delaying us through forced animations /menus/screens is self-explanatory.
![]()
![]()
There were 2 “bugs” that people were using. You could go to quests then back and the map would become locked but you could keep doing the main battles, which was useful for GAPs and low level explore (with no side quests). Now, that’s not possible.
The other one was hitting x (Or the equivalent) very fast, which often bypassed the explore animation spam. But there were reports that it could crash the game. The animation spam is SO ANNOYING that many people were risking crashing their game instead of having to sit through it. It’s THAT bad.
Also, there was a third option, where you could exit back to the world map and when you returned to the explore map, it had skipped the animation spam, which was faster than sitting through the spam when it was showing the route to a side quest, or the path to the boss (which is double the time). Now, you can’t exit while the animation spam is playing. Just like when you couldn’t pause and exit battles during enemy turns. We’re being blocked from being able to act, because we don’t want to have to sit through boring nonsense.
Right, I guess I am also surprised that was possible because in so many screens spamming actions can cause soft-lock/crashes/CLIFFY errors, because we put things in place to stop that being possible.
There is then the chance that there was a fix for a different issue that also changed that. But nothing was intentionally changed.
Generally, all feedback around animation speeds and wanting the option to skip them or totally turn them off have been shared with the team.
I do not think they will ever get the option to be turned off, as they can prevent a number of issues, as mentioned
Just like in other video games where the loading screen is embedded in a cut scene where you are opening a door, or squeezing between a crack in a wall.
And as you are all aware, spamming in the game can cause crashing and we have released fixes in the past to prevent the ability to button/click spam because they cause these issues.
If there was a situation where we could ensure that didn’t cause crashing, maybe it’s something the team would reconsider.
Currently, (I imagine) it is more important to ensure players are not experiencing game crashing or potential resource loss.
Also, every time I have brought up this feedback, I’ve not gotten the idea that the team are maliciously making you deal with animations or have them in cos they want you to sit in the battle longer.
Again, I can pass this on as always
[reported] Details not scrollable - #2 by Jeto reported issue already @IbstockMafia
This is ridiculous. And this game is honestly testing our patience. I cannot listen to someone defend the developers for poor choices like this, and listen to “colorful” commentary. Sirrian and anyone else who changed Explore again need to seriously stop and take a hard look at themselves.
The vast majority of people do not want to sit through 2 second pathing animations during Explore.
It wastes time.
Why do we have to explain this? Maybe the better question is: Why did the developers change this in the first place, and then make it worse by making us unable to cancel the animations?
Expect more of your player base to leave.
Thank you, I didn’t see the post.
I’m sorry Jeto. No offense to you, but I can’t believe that.
It might be what you’re being told, but the pattern of bad - quite frankly stupid - game design to slow players down and make the interface worse for us, has been ongoing for quite some time.
The spam of animations is the latest example, and the fact people were sharing ways to skip it so we can still get the same rewards from GAPs, only for the following update to kill that and reduce our rewards, is too much of a coincidence to believe it wasn’t intentional.
And yet, that’s what keeps happening.
- Bad UI updates that spread information across several pages for no reason, making it slower to get to.
- Pause during battle is disabled on enemy turns, forcing us to sit through minutes of enemy looping
- Animations are added to the game, over and over, when all evidence is that they are causing more bugs (events occur while animations are taking place, meaning things happen in the wrong order during battles).
- Animation Spam being forced on us in explore. It’s not needed, if we were able to exit and re-enter and skip it, before. That NEVER broke anything. I get fixing a bug that causes crashes, but why can’t we exit during the spam?
- The constant “bug” where we finish battles and then have to wait a couple of seconds or hit continue dozens of times, before we’re allowed to exit the reward screen. A “bug” which appears almost every vault weekend, and almost always vanishes at weekly reset afterwards, meaning it’s just the time we most use GAPs that gets ruined by it.
I’m sure there’s others, I just can’t remember them.
But it’s really obvious the design changes are slowing players down and cutting our rewards. And we’ve seen NOTHING in compensation, if this was NOT a deliberate design choice. They added animation spam, they have to know that is slowing us down during GAPs. And yet, GAPs aren’t suddenly longer, are they? They aren’t suddenly cheaper, are they? They aren’t giving us some free gems or whatever when the GAP ends, to make up for the gnomes we’re missing, are they?
No, we’re getting less and the devs don’t seem to care.
I appreciate that, but at this point, I can’t believe they don’t already know this was a nasty thing to do to their players. And they still did it.
Not sure what the two programmers who built the update have to gain by telling me they didn’t push something out intentionally and then not also mention it in any of the build changes, which I have access to reading. As I asked them if anything was changed, not the production team.
If it was some production written document that is intended for me, I could see more of your point and concern on that side of it.
From where I’m sitting, there’s only two options that make sense.
a) they aren’t telling you, possibly because you’re the one dealing with the players and it gives you plausible deniability
b) they are telling you what they’re up to, and you’re not being honest about it to us
I’m not inclined to suspect b), based on interacting with you. It’s not impossible, but it seems highly unlikely. So, I’m left to assume it’s a).
If I’m wrong, it’s long overdue to see any actual evidence of that.
Again, no offense to you. I just don’t think it makes sense that the two developers are so incompetent that they keep making the game worse, we keep telling you that, you keep giving them the feedback (I believe you when you say you’re telling them the feedback) that they’re making the game worse and they keep carrying on with it. If that was the case, I think the game would be in a worse state than it is. I have to assume they know what they’re doing, and they’re choosing to do this.
I just don’t understand why.
That’s all good, I just wanted to make sure I shared everything from my side and how I get some information.
Also chasing up if that fix was for this issue
Or, if it was something else and the report was listed as something else as well, or updated late, which is why it was missed from the patch notes, which I do edit the bugs into.



