Update 7.3 Sneak Peak!

Hello, I use pvp defense teams to practice my guild wars matches and have for about 5 years. Use your brains sometimes and think before you act.

7 Likes

Ok so folks get mad when folks stream their battles. Now you take away the only way to practice a battle before going into battle for real. Great job! This will push more folks to stream or in some cases throw their hands in the air and call it a day. Had a good run I guess. Myself I do not stream but usually do some practice matches if I have not seen a Def. I am 60/0 in last 2 wars and 10/0 this war. Not a fan of just let her rip and hoping it turns out ok. I’m in B1 btw.

1 Like

Oof, love the communication, but omg why, on the changes? PvP is still going to suck, it is just going to suck in a more complicated way. I see a lot of extra clicks. Something less that zero people want. Please… please please please PLEASE stop it.

Also… it may have escaped notice (since apparently no one cares) but adding restrictions to everything is kinda making people leave the game. It’s getting harder and harder to keep a guild going. For the love of DOG, please stop it!

Again, have to still say love the communication, though. heh

2 Likes

7.3 looks great.

Finally PvP is getting some love. And with the restrictions present, it challenges players to be creative.

3 Likes

Did not see any deeds or books of deeds rewards.

Imperial Deeds are not the roadblock, there are oodles of these now with the second dragon in Underspire.

sigh… back to wasting 300 gems a day, and getting pissed because of dungeons.

3 Likes

Books are too much to ask for.

But: asking to devs:
Have Angels/Merchants appear after a PvP match as well.

2 Likes

Books really aren’t too much to ask for - they need to start doling them out to keep people on the kingdom progression treadmill. Pretty much every kingdom is now deed blocked. I’m optimistic that they’ll be available in small quantities weekly. We’ll see, though.

3 Likes

if they start handing out books, it will turn a grind that is supposed to be the main end game thing and shorten it by WAY too much. They could very easily give out handfuls of colored deeds though and it would give some semblance of steady progression. Hopefully there are at least colored deeds as options in the PvP store.

Al in all, the changes to PvP will probably get me to actually play the mode, if for nothing else but the dragonite. i dont know how i feel about no defense teams, because one of the best things about the community is the ppl who made all bomb or all cow defense teams, since defense wins mean literally nothing, and revenge fights would happen more often for you with those teams. Hopefully most ppl will use teams that are fast when used by the player, but bad when used by the ai, like centura’goth.

Very disappointed that these dragons are MORE expensive, when they are worse in almost all ways, except the new diamantina-like, which MIGHT be slightly better. Still no word on being able to target specific dragons and now you are asking ppl that haven’t gotten diamantina to choose whether they continue going for it, or start the gacha ALL OVER with a more expensive buy-in… kind of gross ngl.

Personally, I prefer that it is not a new resource, since it would take forever for them to add it in a bunch of places, but it still is kind of a bad look to not add targeted gem dragon crafting before or at the same time as new dragons. At least all the current dragonite acquiring methods will make the start of this go a little more smoothly.

3 Likes

No, you think you’re Kingdom blocked.
The reality however, is that either you don’t get enough merchants/angels or you can’t or aren’t willing to pay for the deed offers in gems.
Kingdoms 20

1 Like

Looks great to me…thanks

For most players, the amount of gems you have to spend on merchant offers to get a barely noticable number of deeds is absurdly large, and needing 50 per book means the devs could very easily add another source or 2 for colored deeds without completely ruining the long term goal. Currently, it feels VERY bad to try to grind for kingdom levels simply because even with 8 hours of merchant grinding every day, the timescale would still be in multiple years.

The amount of people that would spend anywhere near that much time specifically grinding merchants for deeds is incredibly small, and those people should not be the baseline for determining an acceptable rate of progress. Adding ~10-20 more colored deeds per week would not affect those players too much, but would be a MASSIVE boon to those who DONT farm merchant, possibly doubling their deeds earned per week.

Being able to see steady progress is a great motivator for continuing to play, but when you look at the current situation and say, “yea I should get my 5th kingdom to level 20 in about 3 years” it feels super de-motivating to most people.

10 Likes

I agree 100% with what you say.

A steady - even small - progress every week is the best motivator to keep on playing.
As a completionist.

Just having colored deeds as equally rare as a Mythic for Legendary Tasks, or have them appear in Underspire reward pool.
Or a couple of them as a weekly reward for new PvP.
Lots of options.

1 Like

A while ago, I suggested to bump the daily tasks for deeds one rarity down (purple->blue, etc) and having the mythic one reward a book in the last fight.
I still consider this a reasonable solution, that won’t kill the game balance, but adress this roadblock somewhat.

7 Likes

I agree, though i could see the devs being very against flat out giving books, but bumping the current ones down a rarity tier would do wonders, and adding one that gives a total of like 25 deeds would be quite nice. I would still like to see a non-RNG dependent method of gaining books though. Steady progress feels WAY better than quick bursts followed by droughts.

2 Likes

This already exists.
It means you play a lot of Explore only, and have a huge amount of gems to pay the merchant for your deeds.
When you’re not that rich, you can rely on the Angel.

thats still RNG dependent, you can play 8 hours of explore and not see deeds once (unlikely, but still quite possible, especially if you only want certain deeds). by non-RNG i mean the game says complete this goal and you get deeds, such as if they are in the PvP shop

4 Likes

The player base has a 10% chance to leave the game each day, as the devs cast Terror

The PvP changes seem neat.

Victory Points” makes me think that “Treasure Points” will be implemented somehow in the future Treasure Hunt rework. :wink:

1 Like

What are the new achievements?

So you removed PVP campaign task or the most part because they were skipped. Hey, let’s make you play it daily. No thanks.

Terror again seems like something to drive players away.

Having another dragon egg fiasco without targeting dragons is a big Elon Much to Bob Iger.

3 Likes

At least Cosmic Dragon Eggs are a separate craft so they’re not diluting the (tarot cards) drop table!

Terror is an interesting status effect for lore/theme, and yes it WILL be annoying to have to face against it, but how often do you actually face a Lycanthropy team these days? I imagine Terror will be the same, they’ll have to buff certain Traits to guard against it, and that footage of Terror being inflicted on the entire enemy team … well, I don’t have answers right now, only questions. It will likely be a featured Gem type for an upcoming Campaign, but outside of that the Troops able to inflict it will be far between.