Update 7.3 Sneak Peak!

Originally published at: Update 7.3 Sneak Peak! – Gems of War

Fight old foes in new ways in our next update, Battlegrounds! Here is your guide, Sirrian to tell you about what’s to come in 7.3.

9 Likes

Could you pretty please move the release into January? It WILL be bugged, no matter how solid you think the build is. Something always goes wrong.

And nobody around here wants that to happen, when half the month is off-duty for the team.

2 Likes

Very understandable concern, but I’d rather have access to a few extra weeks of the rotating pets, which should work like the soulforge rotation, even if there are major bugs within the game mode.

The video conspicuously didn’t show deed book rewards, but they may be hidden behind a scroll bar.

Looks overloaded at first glance, but since it’s just a daily few battles, whatever

I am worried the battlegrounds are going to make it harder for people to complete guild events or just disregard them altogether. This is going to create a rift between pvp or guild events, and it’s going to make it difficult for people to manage their time.

I mean, if you can earn deed books from pvp battles, there is little value in spending time and gems on a guild event with crappy rewards. (Except journey events and the ones that give shiny keys)

9 Likes
8 Likes

Looks exciting to me! I love PVP and will certainly explore all the new places! I am happy to see there will be a variety of team restrictions, and even one area with no restrictions. I was worried it would be only color restrictions like in GW, but there are many options. Also brilliant idea to get rid of defense teams. Can’t wait!

5 Likes

Hmm, i’m not a fan of the lack of set defence teams. It will make PvP less varied I think, remains to be seen if also harder. And I’m going to miss putting :poop: teams together, it was fun playing with a random theme (eg. this week I have elephants up :elephant: )

I don’t think encouraging people to PvP is a bad thing though, we might see more pet rescues, which also helps the guild.

Not looking forward to the slog to collect dragonite again. Not to mention trying my luck at loot box eggs :sob: Whatever happened to making it easier to target the specific dragon you need?

Still, appreciate the sneak peak! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Any plans to allow players still struggling to get the first batch of gem dragons to be allowed to choose what they want instead of random drop? One unfortunate soul in our guild has 26 dragons still waiting on the yellow one.

23 Likes

Sirrian: “We’ve had a lot of fun with those gem dragons, so we thought it was time for some new dragons to craft with dragonite”.

Talk about tone deaf. Apparently all that feedback how terrible it feels for players to waste yet another fortune on yet another dragon egg that vomits out yet another totally useless umpteenth duplicate instead of the one still missing dragon went right to the trash bin. And apparently all the promises to work on adding targeted crafting within this year were yet another convenient fairy tale to get players to shut up. No wonder Sirrian pre-records this stuff instead of showing up personally.

36 Likes

I took that to mean “We’ve had a lot of fun reading your feedback on gem dragons, and subsequently doing nothing about it”.

But, elsewhere in the update, I think ‘Terror’ is likely going to make me put this game down for good. If I want gnome-like behaviour on my team, I’d pick them.

5 Likes

The trick is to put it on the enemy team :sweat_smile:

Speaking of, a little concerned on the visuals. Where have I seen something like this before? :thinking:
Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 9.51.49 AM

1 Like

No casual PvP? Why…?

No defense teams picked by the player? So, we will be replacing current limited meta teams everybody and their brother were using with just a different set?

That’s a facepalm. And another one. And yet another.

You are not listening to your player base, not one bit.

14 Likes

lack of set defense could make PVP more varied, as you wouldn’t see a bunch of the same defense teams, you would see everyone’s attack teams. If people switch up attack based on what they are playing against, then you would see different teams to battle. In theory anyways…

Glad I kept playing dungeon daily and have some dragonite. With all the gem sinks right now I do not want to spend gems daily on dungeon again. I mean, I will, because I’m addicted to getting the new shiny things, but I won’t like it. AND GET OFF MY LAWN YOU CRAZY KIDS!

4 Likes

Working as intended for killing the game and driving away veterans.

12 Likes

Of course the game that has 133 different types of currencies needs two more.
And it just shows that our feedback with Dragon Eggs means LESS than nothing, since they not only duplicated it, but also increased the amount of dragonite for a inferior dragon.
BTW, no defense teams = no way to test teams for Guild Wars. Thanks for nothing.

17 Likes

And more cash shops…

=

The amount of remaining players is a side factor, that makes a nice number in some marketing material, but ultimately does not matter. The important aspect is to keep a handful of whales hooked and give them an ever increasing number of incentives to pay.

If everyone but the top ten spenders stopped playing at the end of the year, would it even make a difference?

2 Likes

The excitement in the voice. I wonder how many takes this took to record.

“We can’t wait to hear your feedback…” at the end of the video could’ve ended with “…but we don’t care about it and ultimately you’re all wrong anyway with your pawn opinions. Just hand over your tithe!” :wink:

20 Likes

This is a big problem for the people who actually care about GWs.

If that’s what you’re going for, at least implement another way to have training battles (if you haven’t done that).

I feel you have no idea how your players actually play the game.

And it’s nice that you had fun with the gem dragons on dev accounts with infinite dragonite or even all troops unlocked but many players didn’t have fun with the egg roulette.

The PvP part could be interesting but I’ll reserve judgement.

21 Likes