Update 4.0 Suggestions and feedback

There is a random bug that cause all kingdoms and icons to dissappear, leaving only bare background, but that’s not the point of this post.

I try to take 6 pictures of each 4 corner and 2 middle of the map, and combine them to full map view, but turned out I can’t. Map is more alive than I thought!

The lighting actually changed depending on where you are, even the mountains lean a bit as well. (yes, mountains can actually move, try it!) It make me appreciate them more. Thanks again for beautiful new map! :grinning:

2 Likes

About Delves, I think this could be done to improve the Delves: Adding a 4th option in Delve battle choice that offer to play Faction only team at 10 lvl higher than actual best Delve completed with a faction only team.

Here an exemple:

Actual best delve completed with a “free” team: lvl 430
Actual best delve completed with a Faction team: lvl 170

Now the battles options are only 1) delve lvl 420 (x0,5) 2) Delve lvl 430 (x1) and 3) Delve lvl 440 (x2)

Now what I suggest, the 4 Battles choice option:

1. Delves lvl 420 (x0,5) 2) Delves lvl 430 (x1) 3) Delves lvl 440 (x2) 4) Delves lvl 180 (x1 - only playable with faction team)

“Free” teams and Faction teams only are almost 2 different games. This system would allow for more flexibility for the players to progress in both Free and Faction only teams.

2 Likes

This would help - but simply allowing us to change the difficulty level downwards would solve all this more easily.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. Please ignore the original suggestion to like a post as opposed to commenting to show support, I’ve removed this from the main post.

What’s the point of a 0.5 multiplier if you can’t level down? Who uses it? It makes no sense.

1 Like

Because rounding occurs at each step, the loss of 0.5x may bump you down a full integer in rewards.

Example: total bonus of all rooms is 1.6x. If you take the lowest difficulty, a draw of 1 Mythic ingot gets multiplied by 2.1, which gives you 2 ingots. If you take the middle difficulty (and 1x bonus), the final multiplier is 2.6x, which rounds to 3 ingots—an entire extra ingot! The highest difficulty yields a final multiplier of 3.6x, good for 4 ingots.

In other words, you can wind up with a dramatic reduction in ingot rewards (shards/gold/glory are less affected) if you take the easy option. Which may still be so hard you can’t reliably finish it. At that point you may as well move to a different faction, wait for an event, or give up on Delving entirely until the next faction is released.

Yes, exactly, who would like to have the voluntarily lower rewards if the difficulty level remains pretty much the same?

1 Like

The .5 doesn’t take the player down permanently because that particular idea was designed poorly AND the beta testers failed to play (or were never allowed to actually play the game).

It’s crazy that almost all problems are all identified in the first few hours or minutes upon release every update. Of course rare bugs and one-off stuff is noticed much later, like any normal content update anywhere. But large issues catch them by surprise, because players are playing the game.

Beta testers got to play 4.0, for quite a while. Speaking solely for myself, I never needed to go down in difficulty, so it didn’t occur to me to test it. (This wasn’t due to skill on my part, but lack of time and poorly-optimized teams. I was still using Gorgotha, Alchemist and Hellcat; it was safe, and I misjudged the importance of speed over safety. Battles took for-freaking-ever, which is why I never got above level 80 in the beta.)

I dont know if this was always the case or only since 4.0, but about Raid boss, Zuul didnt give me the amount of damage I really dealt against him.
Here is what happened: The Heronath gave 3 or 4 times more armor to Zuul and I managed to kill him but at reward screen it showed 1040 damage points dealt to Zuul. Exactly same score for Raid lvl 500 without Heronath boosting Zuul.
Is this intended to cap at 1040 or is it a bug? Because I easily dealt ~200 more damage in that fight.

Always been the case. The “points” are his life and armor before any buffs are made.

3 Likes

So… am i the only one bothered about Grave Seer’s Deep Vitality? I mean, i find it weird because he becomes the strongest ally thanks to it and he will enchant himself instead of Lady Morana who would need it more with her higher mana cost…

@Cyrup, any chance to get this reviewed in time for 4.1? I’m pretty sure this is really an oversight from design, because Grave Seer enchanting himself is not that helpfull since he converts Green to Purple and wouldn’t need to be refilled so soon because the board doesn’t have many green gems, usually, for the second cast.

IF the devs would be open to reconsider Grave Seer’s spell, here is a change to improve the sinergy on this team:

• Changing Grave Seer spell to “Enchant all Red allies” would work better.

Lady Morana will lose Armor in battle being a frontline troop (she is designed for combat with Traits to increase her attack and reduce Damage) which makes her weaker overtime and eventually Grave Seer would only enchant himself again if the spell is not changed.

With the change he would also enchant the Spectral Knight, and himself, but while enchanting himself doesn’t works so well, as i pointed earlier, but if anything just changing his colors to Brown/Yellow would work since there is no Empowered Converter on these colors.

This feeels like a “balanced compensation”, because Lady Morana needs Purple Gems on the Board for a better chance to “Slay/Kill/Execute/Rip and Tear” an enemy and her allies will often reduce this chance as they collect mana, so we can sort of not collect mana for them if they are already enchanted.

Spectral Knight barely needs Enchanting if he is above Nightshade, but if he is below Nightshade this gives more importance to a build centered around the team order and cripling the enemies with Nightshade’s spell first and then later going for the higher damage with Spectral Knight as this is clearly the design intended.

With this change we wouldn’t need a change in Grave Seer traits and it makes him better for general use in other teams as an Empowered converter. Just by comparing Grave Seer with Mercy, another Empowered Converter, she beats him by cleansing everyone and healing a character, while Graveseer would only affect Red Allies with an effect that can’t turn the battle around, instantly, leaving plety room for the enemy to Dispel, Silence, Mana Burn/Drain this team.

5 Likes

I like your proposed change to Grave Seer. The devs don’t need to wait until 4.1. They could do a small change via a data download mini update. AFTER the resolve the data download issue with the X1;)

1 Like

I just mentioned before 4.1 because the devs are probably focusing on it for now.

Also we are getting closer and closer to Halloween, the undead deserves more respect…
Like, people will make all those fancy burial rites across Krystara to prevent a corpse from getting reanimated for any reason. What if the corpse wants to become an unholy abonimation who preys on the living? And i won’t even start on all those “bone” inuendos skeletons have to deal with from the “meaty” bastards…
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
:wink:

2 Likes

Hey guys

I’m closing this thread as 4.1 has released today. We will no longer have any update specific suggestions/feedback threads in the future. Unfortunately it doesn’t allow you guys to go into details about the issues you feel strongly about and it. When everything is on the one thread, it also makes us hard to keep track of your concerns and ascertain what is most important to you.

If you have any suggestions at all - 4.1 or otherwise - please create a new thread or continue discussion in the forums.