Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

Which one in the first draft was the interesting one? Writs? That’s still there, green epic task. The others felt very much like “pass”, except possibly the token one. Now you get the keys and traitstones you would have received from legendary tasks, plus extra resources, minus legendary/mythic troop chance. Works for me as a compromise.

2 Likes

Personally this appears to be a totally unexpected 2nd compromise and one that should be accepted with gratitude. The rewards for epic completion aren’t that different keywise to the corresponding LT rewards previously attained. The missing rewards are mainly troops that LTS occasionally provide. But after the rework I have to wonder why this (for the devs) is a necessary change? Remember also the increased seal cap giving us potentially the troops that previous LTs would have given; more troops in fact. I can’t see why people are still complaining; it’s happening so adjust and adapt. We don’t do 31.5 LTS a week so we will miss out here and there. But you can still farm tokens rapidly in lvl 12 explore if u don’t like the new task rewards. I would have liked a random pet reward perhaps but that’s just me. Endgamers complaints now have little meaning; games like this are designed so true endgame cannot be reached because additional content is always gonna prevent that unless you spend serious, serious money on for example class events so you can forgo boosting a class by using it.

3 Likes

Originally, the interesting tasks are writs, token and updated red tasks- keys. 5.25 * 3= 15.75m gold to finish them. Now, if peeps want the deeds (the only interesting rewards), then have to finish all six tasks to tier 11, 4.45 * 6=26.7m gold. Can you see the difference now?
Devs know we are not interested in these pet foods, chaos shards and ingots, (& Definitely, not interested in these low rarity tokens either.) So they add deeds to each task like a carrot on a stick. :carrot:
Forget about these keys, as even Devs agree that players could get these similar numbers from LT for the same amount of gold. Which means now, players have been pushed hard, have less chance to choose LT instead of sinking gold to these useless resources.
TBH, the green task is the only interesting one if there are no deed rewards. I would rather the original plan, good rewards in 1 or 2 tasks, useless ones in the rest. At least, players have options.

7 Likes

Fully agree with you, but 1 little correction:
originally it was 5.22 * 3 = 15.66m gold, so even worse right now, lol

You cannot solve the problems with GW. And create guilds new problems with completing tasks. How the hell is going on here?

This is worse then before which was already completely boneheaded.

Now to get anything useful we have to go 4+ million gold (or so) into a worthless Epic task just to get to something decent that we need and then go another 4 million into another one full of useless junk to get to another tidbit of usefulness.

Why can’t you actually have a conversation with the playerbase prior to making these decisions?
Why do we have to get all pissed off and angry to get you to see our side?
If this is a conversation then how about starting it off that way instead of a proclamation?

1 Like

This just keeps getting worse. If this is the compromise to give us “better” rewards, how bad were they before? I was a least anticipating the red epic tasks in getting some legendary and mythic tokens at the end.

Realy!? Thanks, but no thanks. Why have us pay for the things that are easy to get on our own. The whole point of being in a guild is to create a group of people to work toward a common difficult to obtain goal.

:cry:

4 Likes

Hmm… thanks for your efforts, but unfotunatelly I can’t enjoy this rework.
For my guild, who usually do 5-15 LT weekly the first version of ET meant that we could chose 2 ET with most preferable rewards (not food and shards exactly).
In the new version I can’t prefer any ET. Probably it’s good from your point of view, but it’s just meh from mine. Now I rather will lower gold requirements in the guild than care about ET at all.

5 Likes

This is probably the healthiest way to approach the ET system. Don’t spoil the rest your life trying to complete a F2P game.

6 Likes

I think the guild task rewards are an improvement, still not perfect yet tho by the responses.
(getting badges not medals)

Also keep in mind these tasks cost 2x more than the original ones, not the same.
If the epic tasks cost was equal to that of the normal task 15.6mil, this would be nice.
Also keep min mind, if the epic tasks were the same price, that still means we would have to do 2x the ammount of gold to finish every task to get to LT’s. Twice the price instead of three times.

Another thing we could do is lower guild tasks from 15.6mil to 10mil, and epic from 31.2 to 20mil. Which is still 30mil and still double the gold we are doing atm.

I very much appreciate the dev team improving the rewards, but are you going to make pvp or explore lv12 give 3x the gold also to cover the cost?

Thank you @Redi1 for the chart.

Welcome @Frederika_du_Lys @MagiBelgr to the forums! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They almost assuredly will not.

The costs of epic tasks are meant to move the goalposts for accessing LTs to a point that is well down the road. Given a year or two, when endgamers have a full set of kingdoms at Power 20-25+, this number will seem reasonable. This also gives them room to add new things for players (5.0 and later) to chase to make up the gold income deficiency needed to access LTs.

5 Likes

I thought the end goal was to cut the endless supply of LT’s, and there is another approach to this.

You could lower the cost of the ‘epic’ tasks to be the same as the guild tasks.
And also limit the max LT/week to 10 like glory for event keys.

Because for these epic tasks to benefit us, we need gold to do them.
I don’t know how we will magically be able to make 3x the gold.

So the ‘epic’ tasks should be the same price as normal tasks,
since there is no 3x increase in gold for pvp / explore or other game mode.
Players time in the game playing will not magically just triple.

The new ‘epic’ tasks are looking much better tho than before,
however no chance to get a legendary or mythic, unless that is added to tasks.
And getting legendary / mythics is one of the big incentives to play more for LT’s.
Especially after the last nerf to the guild tasks & LT’s that we had. :sob:

People may not quit because of this per say but they will if their guild dies. Or they will quit because the requirement become too hard to stay in a top guild, or becomes too hard to recruit. We shall see

1 Like

Well they could start by doing a small QOL update on Explores and removing the mountain of unneeded info screens and extra clicks, for starters :wink:

18 Likes

Yes times 1000.

2 Likes

I don’t like this version. It is better only for 1% of guilds, who are doing more than 30 LT. The first version of the changes was better for Guilds making 1-30 LT. These are most of the guilds. We could choose a Epic Task with keys and another 1-2. Now resources are splitted on all tasks and it is necessary to collect useless anyway.

We can get 40 gems Keys from 5 LT in v4.6, sometimes 50 Glory keys for one LT. In the new version, the rewards for 5 million gold (ET) look poorer than 5 LT.

3 Likes

We as a community inspired this rework by blatantly stating that only 2 or 3 of the epic tasks would be pursued with any regularity. Now the devs have wised up and countered this approach by distributing rewards throughout all 6 tasks to encourage a bigger weekly gold sink. So mid level and many high level guilds now pay the price, literally. In fact all guilds do.

11 Likes

Sorry; only features that are adored by the community can be improved.

1 Like

The price of the epic tasks is still too high.
Gold has not increased for pvp nor explores by 3x, we cannot afford this.
Ex: People who play 12hrs a day, cant magically play 3x that, there isnt 36hrs in a day.

The price should be adjusted to 7.8-15.6mil. at the most to be acceptable to match the other guild tasks.
The word ‘epic’ in front of the tasks is a misnomer.
They are in no way epic at all but a nerf, un-epic if you will.

8 Likes

So guaranteed deeds every week is a nerf? Epic tasks giving a deed for completion sounds epic to me…

2 Likes