Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

I don’t get it.

The only cosmetics right now are the Dwarf and Lapina bundles which really aren’t flattering and emojis/titles which can’t be seen by anone since chat is something which most people ignore because of usability issues.

Team Fortress is selling hats, Overwatch is selling skins, etc. Notice a pattern? These items can be seen by you and other players. They are not selling fonts for option menus.

Give us:

• guild page customization (backgrounds, ornaments, whatever)
  • skull designs
  • card ornaments (like the new medal graphics but better looking)
  • orb designs (like a different shade of color or graphics inside the orbs)
  • etc.

I’d love to pay for something that isn’t purely pulling me ahead of the pack and which I (and ideally others) will be able to see each time I play. Buying an orb for the cost of a triple-A game is disheartening on so many levels.

7 Likes

Over 120 posts overnight, the most I’ve ever seen. Most are negative, some are neutral/anxious, a tiny amount is hopeful.
Either someone needs to work on presentation or this is a really unpopular decision.

3 Likes

Kinda a lame excuse imo, so only cuz a few (how many there are across all platforms? 2? 3?) guilds made of ppls that as only thing in life play GoW 20 hours a day are making hundreds of LT’s you take away LT’s from anyone else?

And actually not realy hurting those few guild but in fact HELPING them a lot, not only GW, but also ToD for example, if a “normal guild” now gotta plan his expense (dropping golds on GW week and almost nothing rest of month) in ToD all the members will be a nice 1 hit from bot astral spirits and foxes without spending tons for pots, the nolifers guilds? they will have high enough stats to not being bothered at all by them instead and have in general a lot easier life in whole ToD.

And those 30+ millions a week needed wont really bother them either, will just be 120 instead of 150 LT’s for them lol.

If the problem was the hundreds LT’s guilds was enough make in a way that each LT cost higher than the previous (like 50% more even tho that may be too much) so it will reach the point that is nonsense keep doing them, no more 274 LT’s in a week.

4 Likes

Then let us CHOOSE.

If THIS is REALLY the aim let us DECIDE where to put gold and what for.
The already proposed solution of unlock LT with 6 out of 12 statues is valid; hell, let it be more punishing and unlock LT only with 6 different colored statues.
THAT is the way to let guilds decide where to invest gold.
(the real democratic one would be having LT already unlocked and go in parallel with statues, but it would be too much asking this, I imagine)

The spoiler shows only how you gates things that devs/publisher reputes too rewarding/uncontrollable. And that is a nerf. By definition.

This game is asking more and more time/money only to keep your current status; the breakpoint (at least for me) is very near. And this is another step in the direction (emphasis on another)

Personal story (read it or not, just my 2 cent):
I don’t have the time to keep up with all the stuff introduced lately. Well, I enjoy the game, I love my guild so set priority. fine. explore only for 3-5 random-type medals, few pvp, delves only for keeping shards for new troops, skip some daily events now and then, only minimum in boss-raid invasion and focus on guild events like TOD and GW. Kept my pace and had a lot of support by guild for traitstone and keys.
however the more the game introduce the more I feel left behind and a weight for my guild, that’s absolutely not a pleasure nor FUN.

Side note: I already got from 5 star to 4 on play store, when you introduced all of the daily-to-do stuff and delves and all the time-consuming things that made the game from casual-friendly to only-addicted-thanks.
When this thing will come live I’ll take it further down to 3.
This is the only feedback I had a fast response to in the past, and will advice new players for what awaits them if they start.
Not something they can be really worried about, but a correct demonstration of my feelings as a 3y+ player

4 Likes

I really like that idea!! Some art in this game is so pretty.
Lol but I’m sure no one would have the Frost Archer as an avatar :rofl:

1 Like

Pretty much doesn’t matter what feedback we give as it was said on stream tonight they are releasing the patch as is, and encourage us to try it. It’s clear the majority of the players do not want this. Evidently the Devs don’t care…Pretty much a go play 3x as much to accomplish what you are doing today. Oh we see how much gold you guys are hoarding, etc The 1 million i have atm is gonna go really far i guess I should have started saving last year.

Sorry, but I play games to have fun not to have a 2nd job. To hear Tacet talk about this patch reveal preview on his stream tonight he was clearly like I don’t know wtf they are doing. He had hope though it won’t go live as is, but after seeing the Puzzle Quest stream I am not convinced. I love this game and fear for its future.

5 Likes

Also, the next couple of months guild chests will be worth 50% less and I need to invest ascension orbs to fix this faster?
[insert rude words that won’t get me banned]

2 Likes

If the devs were really truthful about the update being to give us choices for these other resources, then they would leave tasks and LT’s as they currently are and have the epic tasks as optional extras. Otherwise it’ll be obvious their intentions are to massively reduce keys and gold from the players.

Devs please, let us choose whether to purchase epic tasks or LT’s. Nobody wants to spend ~45M gold to unlock LT’s.

22 Likes

Yeah it’s just the other part of my post is the one where I point out:

• The struggling games I’ve played this year don’t have cosmetics
  • The successful games I’m still playing do
  • I’ve read interviews in the past that call cosmetics a license to print money
  • This year the devs have displayed a tendency to lie if they don’t like a question but don’t have an answer
  • The cosmetics that GoW allude to are fairly expensive, so it’s possible they have confirmation bias.
  • They’re churning out titles and icons and emoji, which are cosmetics

That “lie” point’s an important one: it means if the answer to my question is, “Based on magic numbers I can’t show you, you’re wrong” then I pretend Salty didn’t say it. It’s basically the same thing as “These rates are fine, we did millions of tests to verify them and they are correct.” I usually defer to Appeal to Private Data but the devs lost their license to use it.

I have a secret report only I can see that proves there’s a bug with the RNG, do you think they’ll implement a new one for me based on this data I can’t show them?

3 Likes

Perhaps the cosmetics had the wrong ‘price point’, however I did buy the Lapina outfit myself.

Cosmetics can be retro styled; card borders / hero avatars / hair styles / armor cosmetics.

You can also change hero avatars to be an existing card in the game, so I could be Queen Mab, The Grey King, Luna or any of the various 700+ troops that we have now which are local assets.

The more visable the cosmetic / avatar, the more likely someone will want to purchse it.
There are lots of F2P (free to play) games out there like one famous MOBA LOL that is doing very well with just cosmtics alone. The cost to do this is not high and it should help bring in some revenues.

If you want a larger player base to make this a more viable revenue source, then please listen to what the players want and make this a fun game, not a 2nd job or a chore otherwise people wont spend money.

3 Likes

Seriously, who is asking for more ingots, chaos shards, or (sub-legendary) treasures? We already have ways to get more of them than we can ever use. Aside from the ample amounts from delves/faction assaults, we got chaos shards from the new challenges and the adventure board, and an ingot-dropping gnome. I can’t wrap my head around the idea that there’s still a shortage. In fact, getting extra chaos shards and treasures particularly hurts because we can only use them if we put even more gold into our hoards, which of course we won’t be able to do anymore, because we won’t have any spare gold. Because if we want legendary tasks we’ll be forced to spend all our gold on stuff we have no use for first.

Tokens, writs and pet food all seem pretty reasonable, and I’m in favour of tasks for those. But the other three are very, very expensive filler providing incredibly poor value. The cost in gold relative to what we’re getting has virtually no chance of being worth it, because these tasks are not better than the original set of tasks. Making them more expensive to indicate that people should tackle the regular tasks first is not enough of a justification, there’s a difference between “more expensive” and “ridiculously expensive”.

There has to be a compromise here - for instance, the cost of the base 6 guild tasks could be lowered to 75% of what it is now, and the epic tasks could cost double that amount, not double the current amount. That still makes us spend significantly more gold before getting to LTs, but it’ll reduce the pain of putting in millions of gold for resources nobody needs more of. Or maybe we could get a reduction in the cost of adding treasures to hoards, because I don’t see what possible use I have for more treasures piling up that I can’t afford to spend.

7 Likes

Epic Guild Tasks could just as easily be made into Epic Adventure Board ‘daily adventures’ so that they are optional for players to do to gain more resources. This way players at different levels of the game that have differnet needs can do them if they want or choose to skip them.

This would encourage people to play more of those and spend time to do them rather than farming gold for LT’s if the subtle idea was to cut players back from doing unlimited LT’s.

Another thing you can do is just put a limit on LT’s, say a max of 10 per week like what happened to glory for event keys. There are lots of other options that would be better imo.

Players are upset because rather than being given more choices and more opportunities, we are seeing a nerf and a wall that is untainable for 99% of the players out there, and it still doesn’t solve the issues with the top 1% that have hordes upon hordes of resources. If resources were given out a bit more but across the board and spread out more among many players it wouldn’t be so bad. For example lowering gems in for GW B1 but giving more to B2-B100.

I think what we need is more people giving constructive solutions and alternatives.

8 Likes

Players cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Gems of War’s first law of Equivalent Exchange.

2 Likes

&&

:face_with_monocle::roll_eyes::man_facepalming::vulcan_salute:

16 Likes

But what we are gaining is significantly more than what we are giving up.

We aren’t given alternatives and choices.

And I don’t see how its even helpful to lower or mid players with such a high cost.

Many guilds only can finish 2 guild tasks a week, maybe 4, and im talking about the majority of the people that play the game, not the top 100 guilds that you see most active here in forums. Those players will be able to do maybe 1 or 2 epic tatsks and give up all their guild tasks and keys. Keys that are needed for a low level 100 player to get cards to advance in the game and have fun. Taking that way from new players makes the game less fun and scares people off very early.

3 Likes

If most guilds don’t do Legendary Tasks, then why the concern for people getting unlimited resources from LT’s? That’s contridictive.

8 Likes

Not at all. If there are 1,000,000 players, and a quarter of them have made personal guilds, and the rest of the players are in 30-person guilds, then there would be 10x more single-player guilds than 30-player guilds.

And yet, we could have lots of problems with those 30-player guilds gaining crazy resources from tasks.

For historical context - the original “Legendary Task” system was wildly broken, and rich guilds earned 50 - 100x more than medium-level guilds. So it makes sense to me that folks are being cautious about setting these values too high.

1 Like

I actually think this is the point. The devs want LTs to die, because they think it’ll make all of us good little customers march on over to the shop and start buying Gems to purchase keys with.

6 Likes

Really?

If that is truly the motivation of the cost, why not rebalance the total cost of doing all 12 tasks so that it equals around the costs of doing the current 6 tasks? You could even make the total 50% more expensive and that would still be fair and make sense based on the stated reason for the cost. In this scenario, you could still make epic tasks cost more than basic tasks.

As you stated, the majority of guilds in the game never reach LTs, but do you really want to take them away from the mid-tier guilds that fight hard to manage getting some done? That seems like a horrible side effect of your stated goals.

TLDR: The total gold cost to reach LTs is too much. Many guilds that were able to reach LTs before won’t be able to get close after the planned update.

15 Likes

Those "loosers"are why the free-to-play players have a game to play and why the game still exists today. Although I do not agree with all of these changes/features, I’m still thankful that we have a game to play.

13 Likes