Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

I’m here to address a few points.

1. There was a lot of feedback from end-game players about a lack of ways to get Deeds, and from players in general about wanting more way to specifically target resources.

2. It allows us to let players target the resources they need without negatively affecting our economy.

3. Players were asking for many of these resources to be added to Legendary tasks, but we were not able to put them there due to their ability to be excessively farmed, imbalancing the game and economy.

4. Most guilds don’t make Legendary Tasks, and these guilds now have more choices of the resources they want to focus on getting.

5. This will be a small re-balance of the economy, trading keys for other resources, many of which are gated and can’t be purchased. Eg, writs which can be used to create Deeds.

6. We skewed the costs of the new Guild Tasks higher so it would naturally encourage early gamers to invest in the Tasks that benefit them most. (Which certainly isn’t Writs!)

7. Unfortunately, cosmetic items aren’t a viable way to support Gems of War. In order to make enough money from cosmetic items we would need a significantly larger playerbase, which also comes with further associated costs. Very few players make cosmetic purchases in Gems of War, as we have seen in the past. On top of this, implementing new cosmetic purchases is expensive. Even with pre-existing assets, there is more work to be done behind the scenes to release cosmetic items for purchase, and the cost can outweigh the profit. We understand that cosmetic purchases work in other games, but those games aren’t Gems of War.

I want to take a moment to commend everyone on keeping this thread both civil and informative. I appreciate it very much, especially as this is a highly contentious issue. Please continue.

12 Likes