Upcoming Changes

Did you have any problems with DM before Deathknight class arrived? What problems you had? Wraith?

Yes, I’ve dislike the 0 timer ever since they switched it. Giving troops such as Death the ability to insta-kill a whole team or a troop like Wraith the ability to insta-kill a troop every time he gets skulls isn’t fun or strategic, it’s just poor design.

Some people will say well what’s the difference between that and devour to which I would point out that while devour can insta kill, that’s it’s only trick. It doesn’t have the ability to stick around round after round so it’s balanced.

Insta-kill Death Mark isn’t a skill move, it’s an automated nuke with no real recourse other than putting 4 impervious troops in your team which isn’t a real solution (to say nothing of being boring).

2 Likes

I honestly don’t have an opinion on this either way. I’m on PS4 and we don’t have GW yet. For me, deathmark is just fine, but I can see where the perceived problems with it get greatly magnified in GW. If I have one unlucky match in PVP, it isn’t that big a deal. I lose 5 points, 2 minutes of my time and break my win streak. If I have one unlucky match in GW, the consequences are so much greater. It does sound like the problem is primarily Deathknight, but I don’t know how you fix his trait without changing deathmark. Just deathmark 2 enemies on death, maybe? Sounds kinda lame.

1 Like

I would had understood it if you was about to lose most of those battles against DM troops. But, even if you lose a troop you still manage to outsmart and win over the CPU, so the win rate is still 99%. DM was never a significant threat towards ppls outstanding winning rates of nearly 100%, it was only a threat now because of the newish Deathknight class.

3 Likes

…that doesn’t blow up more than half the time…just saying.

2 Likes

It doesnt sounds lame for me at all. Have you seen many of the other 3rd traits of some of the classes? Those are bad compared to DM 2 random enemies upon death. The only thing that sounds lame for me is to nerf the currently DM.

2 Likes

Yes Eika, and as i said DK just added too much weight on the scale for some simple reasons:

• The first week of GW is excatly a week where we can obtain 2 Arcanes on glory packs to trait the class.
  • Once traited the class can be used on every defensive team formation during the whole week with no drawback to the defender.
  • The attacker that is trying his best to obtain the maximum score won’t always be able to handle DK, and all the other powerfull cards that can be setup on defense, properly mainly because we don’t have a reasonable card balance yet. Some colors are clearly better with access to some effects while others are still lacking…

Then go ahead and nerf DK, not DM…
DK is the problem here…

2 Likes

[quote=“ogunther, post:90, topic:23199, full:true”]
I happen to agree with this change wholeheartedly but I understand that those that enjoyed DM might not like it. We played it at 0 for how many months? How about you try it at 1 for at least a few days before resorting to threats to kill yourself over it. [/quote]

Sorry, but this made me LOL. @Eika 's issue is the change from 0 to 1 turns for DM, and your response to the threats of self-harm is the same 0 to 1 delay. I vote you off the crisis negotiation team…

5 Likes

Which might be able to be ignored in normal PvP but is detrimental to GW; just sayin. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Almost, my issue is that it is no reason to nerf DM, it’s the DKs 3rd trait that is the problem.

I also agree, i was mainly explaining why things got so… convulated… this week specifically. Even with the full power of Deathmark i decided to not trait DK, because it’s plainly boring to me sacrifice mechanics…

We would still have some problems here and there with Deathmark being applied on skull damage, and that’s my guess for why the devs opted for this nerf in question. I honestly hope for two things now:

• A rework for the Horseman Death.
  • Still a rework for Death Knight because i would prefer a much more fun and interactive gameplay with the class.
1 Like

Hey, i am just trying to keep the Deathmark legend under control.
With what i read here about Deathmark the last couple of days, i keep imagining Deathmark in front of an army of angry Scotsmen holding that Braveheart William Wallace speech, recollecting all the ridiculous shit that is said about him. :wink:

1 Like

A troop of mine got Deathmarked once and i was able to cleanse it with Mercy. Three battles later the troop in question “dieded” with skull damage… coincidence? Of course not! It’s clear to me that A.I cheats! :wink:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Lol fair enough :smiley:

2 Likes

Back in my day, Death Mark could take out a whole guild just in one cast!

5 Likes

This is the second time I’ve read eika is a guy. Wonder how many more times will i forget it (im a forgetful person :confused: ). And @Eika knows im not doing it intentional.

6 Likes

Yeah, the DM change has been decided so I better stop repeating myself. lol
Lets cross our fingers for the reworks of Death and DK. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So that is why you PMed me the other day, you thought I was a girl…aha… Joking

5 Likes