Upcoming Changes

I’m going to change the subject back to the actual topic:

I am considering this first week of GW to be a “trial run” from which we will get one useful thing, updated bracket seedings. Or will we? The troop balance changes being focused on are (theoretically) deducible from PvP behaviors, and are only coming to the forefront this urgently because GW is being so competitive. My guild has a very healthy lead in bracket 2, and we’re still in the dark about how this will affect our seeding next week. I’m making an extra time investment in this GW thing because I want us to be in bracket 1, and what other guilds put up on defense is irrelevant to that objective.

2 Likes

Why not have deathmark from death (troop itself) as a red coloured version with a 15% chance of killing the enemy? Screw it, And do true damage too. I only got him last week, so I want to get a bit more use from him after getting nothing else but abynissias and wars. (the 2 gard’s have conveniently been forgotten about here for now)

@Dan_ozzzy189 are you related to @ogunther ?

3 Likes

He’s my great grandsappling.

3 Likes

Treant reminds me of the Tree from Game of Thrones. Thats a compliment! :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

@Eika
Your 100% spot on with your posts regarding death mark. Lol, the way some carry on here about it is just over the top and not the end of the world.
It’s like all 4 troops are dieing the moment it is cast every single god damn time. I don’t think so. So what if some are losing a troop in GW every now and then cause of it. Not everyone can be Golden Gods lmao

4 Likes

Well of course death would say that. He’s hardly an unbiased observer on this topic!

11 Likes

You can only speak from personal experience, as can I.
You may be fortunate enough for death mark not to kill you every time. I’m not as lucky as you clearly. More often than not, 3 or 4 turns after deathmark has been placed my whole team has been killed by it.
Charge up a cleanse. Dies while trying.

I’ve seen the suggestion of having Mercy ready to go at all times when facing Death. However Death is normally with Famine. Cast Mercy and cleanse the team, but give Famine all it’s mana. Or wait until the board alines and risk your whole team being dead.

Though I’m lucky with devour in that most of the time the dumb AI targets troops that can’t be devoured.

1 Like

Re DeathKnight and DeathMark: seems something had to be done, given the sudden proliferation of DeathKnights in defences. GW made it almost mandatory to use the best (read worst) RNG grief available. Too many people feeding back that GW wasn’t yet fun.

I’d rather DeathMark was left as it is and DeathKnight was redesigned. But if devs are unwilling to revise DeathKnight so soon after its release, then they have to make the suggested mechanic change to DeathMark instead. It was probably due.

I suggest also we wait and see what the impact is. Having a ONE turn delay hardly nerfs DeathMark into oblivion. It’s a fairly small reduction in the chance of losing a troop, and getting ONE turn means having a group cleanse of the right colour ready to cast to make any difference

7 Likes

Just jumped back on the forums since yesterday and wow this thread has exploded. I’ve been through everything and made some notes on all the feedback you’ve given us. As always, we do appreciate feedback from you, and it is exactly this feedback which led us to re-evaluate Death Mark. Not everyone will always have the same opinions or agree on our new content or changes, and that’s fine, we all have different styles of play and enjoy Gems of War differently.

@Ivar we have some plans for the Guild Guardian already, and they’re looking pretty cool right now, so stay tuned. Also, we’ve had a little luck moving forward with the EULA, we are just looking into an elegant way that it can be signed and people can participate in the Design A Troop. Once GW is more stable and we have some other exciting up-coming things out of the way I’ll be the one sitting down to put some serious time into it.

15 Likes

Somewhere, way back when, a developer said that old GW troops would be retired to guild chests once a new set hits. Will those troops go into the same slots occupied by guild guardians? Or will I need to spend seals at chest level 1-4 so that I have a chance at pulling these common troops?

1 Like

So my guess is they would be considered the same as the guild guardians. I don’t see the developers punishing guilds for getting high level guild chests.

I believe it’ll be like the current Guild Guardians. Once all of your Guardians become Mythic they’ll no longer appear in the Guild Key drop pool. When the first series of Guild War troops are retired they’ll show up in Guild Chests like Guardians with the 50% drop rate.

1 Like

Thanks for changing Death Mark. I hope this change reduces the number of DeathKnigh decks I have to face next GW. Most opponents were running DeathKnight Curse this week. Kind of boring when all the Opponents are the same.

@Saltypatra @Sirrian
For future GW, could you somehow reward Defense players for “Single Color Opposing Defense decks” or something? It would be nice if Defense was different for GW in addition to Invade Teams getting a Color Bonus.

NowayJoe2Go

4 Likes

And you have 4 of each Guardian ( a point most don’t recall) - then they stop dropping.

I finally hit that this week. All at Mythic, all with 4 troops.

1 Like

can i get a unit with single target spell that would execute a unit if it has deathmark on?

With the 1-turn delay for Death Mark, it could be possible to counter it with Cleanse to all… but there is no troops/weapons for the Red color…

As far as I see, there is no troop in the near future. And you, @Saltypatra? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Must be North Korean…

The main reason we’re changing Death Mark is to allow for possible counterplay. Currently there is no way to counter death mark in the first turn if it triggers. This 1 turn protection allows for players to plan around it and try to remove it.

With these changes, we will be reviewing all troops, weapons or Classes with Death Mark abilities and will make any balance changes as necessary.

The Death Mark changes will not be coming until the next update, so there will still be some time before it occurs (this is due to the change requiring a client update).

11 Likes