So I spent yesterday and today in the UnderSpire

74 battles
1 Boss

[details=“Summary”]

3 Merchants
3 stones unlocked
1 stone locked
Did Gem purchases of trinkets and torches
Bought 5 more lanterns - ran into that bug of Lanterns not showing unless you log out and log back in.

DEAD ENDS GALORE (which I don’t play because it’s not going to get me anything)

And this is where I ended

So please tell me why would I really want to play this and spend gems when even after 74 rooms - I have only encountered 1 BOSS.

I make more in Delves.

1 Like

Well, firstly, you really shouldnt buy the keystones from the merchants. All the actual rewards come from the boss fights themselves, so buying the keystone to skip the fight defeats the purpose. Id highly recommend looking for the community made graphic explaining the underspire’s generation, or if someone who has it can post it here as well. A typical underspire requires ~100 rooms to finish all 7 bosses (give or take like 15 battles). 74 rooms cleared and in the 4th area is unlucky, but not unheard of. As for what the rewards are, the main draws are minion orb, glory orbs (all 3 types), dragonite, and imperial deeds, and good luck making any of that in delves.

8 Likes

Plus epic vault keys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s one boss in each section between gates. Don’t move on until you’ve found it.

3 Likes

I think you missed my point.

I would never have gotten ANYWHERE without buying the stones since as you can see those rooms - are all Dead end matches- which do not give you Boss. (on the big map)

1 Boss was found. Looks very different from regular rooms.

No other boss room found… and had I not bought those stones, I would have not gotten anywhere because of those dead ends.

Looking at your map, if those are all dead ends, you should submit a support ticket.

3 Likes

I went around to all the rooms and double checked. Even my six run is a dead end. That’s why I started buying stones. Figured I must have missed something.

1 Like

The “Rule of 7 / Rule of 6” isn’t as absolute since the most recent batch of changes to Underspire, the ones that allegedly were to address the concept of “endless corridors”. I’ve had a couple of spots this week and last week when the Bosses weren’t where the data-mining said they should be and the same goes for the rules about Boss Path branching. (One of my Boss rooms was 3 rooms off the main path this week, but I’ve also had a few at 7+.)

On the whole, I’ve been spending slightly more Gems to complete the Underspire since the update. Prior to said update, I had a fairly decent shot to finish it with 750 in a week (150 x 5, plus the free torches on Saturday and Sunday); last week and this it’s cost me 950 (150 x 6, 50 x 1 on Sunday). It’s possible that I’m simply having ill luck and blundering into more dead-ends than usual and it’s serendipitous, but it’s also possible that they’ve amended some of the underlying logic to Underspire generation much like they amended the Dungeons when the community data-mined that to death.

2 Likes

You need to check close up, it’s easy to miss exits on the overview map. Like, you missed a boss room here, accessible from the left side.

3 Likes

I dont think ive seen any mention of boss rooms being MORE than 6 away from the main path, but less happens sometimes if you’re lucky. As for the main path being 7 long, i believe that is 100% guaranteed dont think anyone has ever seen a shorter OR longer main path.

Also you could save some gems by buying a 50 gem torch pack on sunday instead of one of the 100 gem packs earlier on. My process is buy 2 torch packs monday/tuesday, and 1 pack each day after that. If i feel i havent made enough progress, ill buy the 100 on friday, and maybe saturday. My average gem cost for a full complete is 650 + a lantern pack, or 750 gems if you dont want the lanterns. Ive had a 550 gem week a couple of times, and typically if it costs me 750, i have like 3 torches left over.

3 Likes

Yes but that broke the ‘map grid’ But yes boss was there, where normally in the past that would have been a dead end room which is why I didn’t

Went and gemmed a few more torches. I have another space that isn’t in a straight line and going to check it.

Btw that was 10 away from the stone that got me in there.

the reason we knew that would be a boss room is because it is 6 spaces away from the main path. Any dead end that branches from the main path COULD have the boss in it, at most 6 rooms away. Gotta check each dead end until the 6th room to be sure it really is a dead end. The rule about boss path NOT having a branching room #4 isn’t a hard rule, but is very often true.

2 Likes

You got super unlucky this week in your blue section. Hope this is helpful

1 Like

You need to count from where you leave the main path, not from the entrance gate.

4 Likes

But 6 off the main path

Jinx! Lolololol

I don’t see how you see it’s six off the main path since it’s a LOT more than six off the main path :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m counting it wrong…

its just another case of a user not fully understanding the rules the underspire is generated with, fourdot labeled the 6 rooms that branched off the main path, ending with the boss room on 6. Its unfortunate that the devs didnt put these rules in the game itself, but we as a community definitely understand like 95%+ of how the underspire is generated now, the main path and the boss path are two SEPARATE things, you find the main path, which connects keystones, then, AT MOST 6 rooms away from ANY of the tiles on the main path, will be the boss room.

1 Like