Ugh - Underspire Sentinel matches ramped right up!

Underspire

In the past , if you were lucky enough to uncover a rare sentinel card at least there was no possibility that you would lose the match as the troops were low level.

Not now tho - Merry Christmas !
:partying_face:

2 Likes

Yup, noticed it too yesterday. Sentinel fights are now adjusted to their surrounding area in level. Must have been an oversight in their introduction to leave them at area 1 levels.

Not quite something, I would have urgently fixed when working on the update (and as a player, I obviously would not have complained about the easy fights), but I admit it is more consistent now.

4 Likes

It doesn’t help when virtually all the troops to choose from for our team this week suck - and I have them all :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Well, someone complained so it had to immediately be fixed - because it benefited the players.

Nothing new…

8 Likes

Just wait for Mydnight week, you’ll get to pick from something like 5 troops and 1 weapon. :poop:

4 Likes

I hope that guy is proud of himself…smh. People don’t seem to understand that the devs don’t play the game. They will never know about something in the players’ favor unless some dumbass reports it.

9 Likes

A bug is still a bug even if it benefits the players.

I have zero qualms reporting such bugs, even if they make the game easier for me.

2 Likes

I would also have zero qualms about it if they fixed actual problems with the same alacrity. It’s the same crap with them. They immediately fix things in the players’ favor and take their sweet time fixing the rest.

9 Likes

Maybe it wasn’t a bug. Maybe the devs originally wanted it that way and because this guy decided to bring it to their attention that it was too easy, they changed their mind and changed it. You never know. Either way something like enemies levels are too low shouldn’t be reported. As raistlin said. There much more important things they can spend their time on “fixing”.

8 Likes

Just to be sure, has there been an actual user report on this (I don’t remember one), or could it be just something, development picked up by themselves for once? Might be, that this discussion is going on a detour for nothing.

Yes, there was a bug report about it: All guardian battles locked at lvl 10

5 Likes

Thanks for looking it up. Seems like I have been checking the wrong search terms.

P.S.: Strange though, that the thread is not marked as [Reported].

This thread was replied to/marked as reported. Posted a day later than the other one

3 Likes

So sentinel rooms now follow the surrounding area and are not some out of context level? Hmm, whatever, it’s not like it changes anything or creates any difficulty. If one is able to get to sentinel room, one is also able to defeat it; if one cannot event get to the sentinel room, one does not care about sentinel room’s level.
On the positive note, there’s the show on display of people making unnecessary fuss about it. Cool.

The real problem I have with this is that they ninja-did it - could’ve at least stated the fact in patch notes (unless it falls under “assortment of smaller issues” moniker, which would be a shame).
Why was this left out, I wonder. Was it because community managers don’t give a thing (just like they still haven’t fixed obviously false information in their zendesk game guild articles despite being reminded about it multiple times and replying that they’d get down to it)? Or community managers would’ve put this info in the patch notes if devs gave a thing about telling somebody that they fixed the room level issue?

By the way,

is your way of telling a joke, isn’t it? If not, where should one look for the sucking?
I’m already this deep
expecting to finish without breaking a sweat and it would be sort of a shame to miss the part where sucking ambushes.

1 Like

Tsk. The sass. :rofl:

I didn’t have any issues this week, either, but I ni guess it also depends on stats and on how much you know about the troops of the week.

It’s certainly not the worst week with Mistralus and Baldr. Onyx giant isn’t so bad, either, if paired with said Baldr. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve finished every underspire and am almost done with this one. This might be the weakest troop lineup since the game mode launched. There are a couple options that get the job done, but it’s not pretty. Baldr+entangle, gem dragon loop with mistralus enchant, etc. It’s not hopeless but i understand the complaint.

5 Likes

I have almost all the troops and judge whether to spend the time completing based on how long an expected fight will be. This week, i just don’t see a “fast” winning team, so i am not bothering to go past boss 2. If there is a fast or braindead (journey troop) team available, thats when i complete underspire. I believe this is probably what esslee meant by it sucking, that it just is not worth the time/effort when compared to good weeks. Just means i get to stock up on the free lantern for other weeks.

3 Likes

Stormheim is on the weaker side of things, but also has higher bonuses to life then the average kingdom. The saving grace is being able to use Valkyrie into blue sources.

Weak for sure, but I found Broken Spire, Silverglade, and Blackhawk much less enjoyable.

1 Like

I too will be finishing without breaking a sweat - but Stormheim troops still suck. :rofl::rofl:

The cream of the crop

:partying_face::grin:

5 Likes

Hey, thanks for that. I like that better than what I was using. :slight_smile:

1 Like