Treasure Hunt high scores 1.0.9 (screenshots)

My average map is around 50 moves. xD

Yeah same here… I think I average 40ish… Just don’t have the patience to spend ages plotting the cascades…

I’m in full agreement with the “more is less” crowd. :frowning:

1 Like

Good job. Almost 200 moves there.

You are correct. I put almost zero value on gold and soul rewards. I do like receiving them, but truth be told, when I need souls I farm challenges. When I need gold I farm PVP. Both are better outputs for these resources.

As for glory, yes, glory is great. I don’t devalue glory returns, but I also don’t play treasure maps looking for glory. In all honesty, I earn approximately 2000 - 2500 glory per week without trying, just through PVP, login rewards, and tributes (which I collect hourly as often as possible.)

When I play treasure maps it’s for a) leisure (I like the design and playstyle of the minigame), b) change of pace (from when I burn out on PVP matches being all the same), and c) farming for gems (and hoping for gem keys).

I acknowledge your fair point that 105 glory is worth 30 pvp battles. 105 glory is not nothing. 105 glory is nice.
But I earn 105 glory just by logging in and checking my income hourly.
Don’t get me wrong. If they took the glory rewards away from treasure hunt, I would think that erroneous. But it is not the reason I play treasure maps, and so it is not the reward I look for, nor look at.

On the other hand, I agree with @Razlath and others that taking gold and soul rewards away from high end chests and vaults would be optimal return on time investment.

1 Like

PS, I average 70-90 moves, but that isn’t worth the screeny :smiley:

Thank you for your advice. I wasn’t sure in my mind that matching gems at the bottom would be better than matching (even a 4 of a kind at the top) so I tried it for myself.
Beat my personal best by 30 moves, and made 2 vaults real fast. (One vault gave me 2 gem keys. One gem key gave me kerberos. So again, I thank you!)

Glad to hear it helped. Sometimes not matching a 4x match can bite you in the rear but normally, if you plan it right matching bottom is real solid option.

The only times when I match tops is at the very start when I have a high probability of cascades and downt want to trigger two 5x cascades in same turn. Or when I have 5x match.

4x match on top is only when I near the end of my moves and have to get those extra moves to get that last gem.

2 Likes

New personal highscore :3

3 Likes

Pfff, How about having this many vaults and not a single gem key. By the way there was about 18 or so vaults on board.

Just before finishing. also the board rotates when you run out of moves, happened a few times to me. especially later on when almost every move you make is blocked by a vault lol (vaults cannot be moved or matched)

20 Likes

Whoa. A new treasure god emerged? 1386 moves… I dont think I will ever reach that.

What I want to know is the quality of the trait stones you got.

2 Likes

What. The. Character minimum.

4 Likes

Holy …
I demand in depth strategy advice for treasure hunt now!

1 Like

I’d say I average 50-70 quickly and with little thought using the same basic principles our resident wizard @Darknemo2000 suggested: Match from the bottom; always get the 5 matches; get lucky.

I think the big difference maker is in whether or not you sometimes skip 4 matches in order to set up a 5 match. I basically always go for 4 matches b/c I don’t want to put thought into whether or not I might be able to set myself up for a 5 match whereas putting in that thought can really extend the run.

I got a lot but quality not very impressive, just more of them. and with all that bs not one gem key proves how rare they are

i’ve been noticing usually you either get gems or key… not both.

Well after 1386 moves this seems lame… but i’m still proud of it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

the quality of traitstones is completely random as i have been able to pull low teir and high teir including a rainbow traitstone once.

You’re joking. Well done, well done indeed! Out of interest, approximately how long did it take you to complete that game?