Tower of Doom, First Impressions

How can this mode break up raids and invasions when it is so similar? All 3 modes have troop restrictions that you are forced in to, all 3 modes have enemy stats increasing everytime you win and end up in the hundreds after a while, all 3 modes have exclusive weapons that can only be obtained by buying tiers or wasting resources in the soul forge.

That is good but is really punishing guilds and players that don’t use discord. In GW we can use in game chat to just simply say paragon is using this team and I beat it using this but in ToD to be effective we really need to be telling our guildmates what scroll is in every room on every floor and that can’t really be done in guild chat.

But it doesn’t IMO. Raids and invasions give out a major orb of growth and some traitstones in the rewards but ToD doesn’t.

ToD is also hurting lower level players. One of my top people in raids and invasions every week is only level 500 with siegebreakers and godslayers its possible for most levels to do well but with this mode I’m struggling on my level 1054 account.

How? we earn 55 gems from rewards and 10 if we aren’t on the leaderboard but it cost 500 gems to get the weapon and even if we ignore that it still cost gems to buy sigils to play the mode. I can’t remember exactly what they give but I’m pretty sure between rewards and stages invasions give more gems and more orbs. Sure the higher up on the leaderboard you are the more gems you get but to get higher you need to spend even more gems.

For some people in the top 5 - 10 brackets that may be true. I’m in bracket 3 and 117 and it is not less stressful. In bracket 3 I do stress out that I’m going to lose and hurt my guild but ToD where I can lose the whole battle due to 1 skull match is far more stressful to me. In bracket 117 GW is not stressful at all the battles are easier than the early stages of ToD. This was one of my GW battles

Summary

da5e1c9a6292b9253348dfb5db92d3af656d51c9_1_690x430

Also

Why not another GW? Raids > GW > invasion > GW

12 Likes