Tower of Doom, First Impressions

Power, life, attack, armor, and magic are boons.

oops, yeah i was talking about dooms above

Luck is 2 dooms
Haste is 1 sigil
Boss room gives an Ice Forge scroll, goes towards upgrading a Blue Doom Weapon. (Up until Floor 25)

Thanks!

Trying to work out how to form a guild requirement for the tower of doom event. Tricky.

1 Like

X amount of boons and X amount of dooms completed by X date and time. #requirments complete. :wink:

1 Like

Here i shared a model of spreedsheet that can help with that:

Any Fireball, Heroism and Luck Scroll should be probably a requirement because these will increase the total guild score for the rewards and leaderboard and make the climb easier in higher levels.

If one or more players are willing to spend enough gems to have all Forge Scrolls to max out the weapon, all Shop Tiers plus Last Tier two extra times and then all 25 scrolls from all Floors, they could play first and map out nearly all rooms and still have sigils left by the end of Floor 25.

This is why we are using color and not rarity when we doing the scouting it’s less confusing imo

Seen each room also got a number on it, 2 3 4 or 5 (and yes roman ones but not that hard translate) tbh no clue how you can make mess.

But w/e, leaving aside i dont find that “rushing to boss” all that useful, if everyone but the first guinea pig use it then goodbye boons bonuses.

Oh well, nm really, didnt changed opinion about this whole stuff since first impression, maybe can add also look like a great source of dramas for guilds and the weapon look nice to use on gw def on blue day (defo pretty useless in the event itself imo).

Guild Wars is a gem sink too if you do sentinals to 5 and you do not place in top 6. All modes are Gem sinks but the good news is no one makes you sink your Gems into them. You can play for free and just take the free stuff. You won’t be on leaderboard but at least you will not lose your gems. For the life of me I can’t see why so many people that have every single troop in game have to complain so much. What in the world are you going to do with more gems anyway.

3 Likes

I can’t tell if you are being a troll or an ignoramus. Let’s presume the second.

A gem sink is an event in which you are likely to lose gems if you win the event. In fact, the events are set up to require you to spend a lot of gems to win. That describes every event except for Guild Wars.

While it is possible to come out of Guild Wars having spent more gems than you earned, you cannot win the event and have that be the case. Losing gems in Guild Wars does not mean the event itself is a gem sink, it just means you’re not good enough at it.

2 Likes

Thank you for admitting to bothering me while I’m playing the game. I do not do it to you or your guild when you are throwing gems at an event like every single event. I just ignore it and move on with my life. I don’t know if you know this but you made my point. Of course I said be prepared to spend more gems and I have lots of gems because I don’t chase a power Orb then come to forums complaining that its a gem sink because I chased it. No one makes anyone chase anything. If it costs me 2500 gems to get 500 I’m not going to do it. The devs do not make you spend that much and complete everything day 1. You are your own worst enemy. One thing everyone is missing is you get lots of other stuff like orbs of caos which have value too. All in all you get some good value for gems spent.

1 Like

No one says you have to win the event when it becomes too expensive. Do what everyone else does! I myself am not going to live on game just to win the event. The game is not going any where, I’m actually surprised the Devs let 8 people get a power Orb in an event. You should be thanking them that they have not shut that down.

I would also add a power orb for each member :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So ive been playing it, and enjoying it.

The communication needed, and the coordination between guild members are brilliant, and I am a massive fan of that.

Troop I hate the most, that stupid fox >.<. I hate that fox in this event more than I hate the Bulette in delves.

The rewards are upsetting. That is the nicest thing to say about them. I get for a lower player, the 55 gems you can get from the tier rewards are brilliant and very much welcome to them. The issue from there, is that at an average of 24 dooms beaten by every player in the guild to finish the rewards, most new players wont get there.

We were told we would get gems from the reward. Personally, I wasnt thinking like everyone gets 500 gems from beating last reward tier, would be great, but not expected. But 55 is way too low for what you need to do for the event. 150 spread out, weighted more towards last tier, would be closer in line with what people would expect imo. The leaderboard rewards a joke as well really. Again, was expecting something similar to GW rewards there, as they are the only other entire guild event based leaderboard. Cutting it down significantly wasnt a good idea imo.

Now lets get to the part that annoys me the most about the event. The scrolls.

Now these scrolls, 10 types of them, drop from 4/5 rooms per floor. Lets just go to floor 25 for the sake of rounded numbers. 100 scrolls drop.

You instantly expect more life and armor scrolls. Then some attack and then some magic all spread out. With a small peppering of power, heroism, luck, haste and fireball. With 1 unlock per floor.

Now talking to other guilds, as well as what we got, thats not the case. In fact, its 100% random. Might be a good thing right? Sure it would be amazing doing that if it wasnt a guild based competitive event that requires a reward currency, dooms, to complete. in 100 scrolls dropped, we got 0 fireball. 0 power, 1 heroism. Yet talking to others, at half the amount, they have already had 2-3 power and a few fireball and heroism as well.

It takes a lot of the skill and strategy needed to finish the event away, and just throws in luck. Whats it going to be next event?? We get 10 luck scrolls in 1st 5 floors, and thats all anyone needs to do to complete the event? Or we going to get 0 luck scrolls and 0 fireball and heroism scrolls and everyone needs to complete floor 24 to finish it??

The scrolls should drop at the same rate for everyone. Not just “average out” over the course of thousands of guilds. Every guild should expect the same drops in the same rates. It does not have to be the same floors and same rewards, but over the 25 floors, it should be the same rates.

17 Likes

100% agree the heroism, luck , fireball and power drop should be the same for every guild. It just make no sense to make them random, it is suppose to reward the communication and skills but it’s not the way it work. I read somewhere a guild got 3 heroism scroll in 19 floor wile our guild got 0 in 31 floor…

It need to be adjusted this is ridiculous

15 Likes

I completely agree with both of you.

8 Likes

Leaderboard rewards are garbage. My guild will be focusing on the 12th guild reward and stopping.

4 Likes

Well, I didn’t think I’d find anything i hate more than Raid/Invasion. Congrats! You’ve done it. Absolute ludicrous enemies for terrible awards and an outright lie about being able to generate gems. Did any of the people involved in this work on Diablo immortal by chance?

10 Likes

No reason to go out and spend gems like crazy to get bragging rights lol. I will be ok with 2nd or 10th. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Don’t you have a phone?!