Top guilds want clarity in the Guild Wars scoring system!

it simply means they were able to speak for the top guilds as they communicated with each other

they couldnt possibly write “all guilds” as it would be a lie, doesnt mean all other guilds cant join, the guild im in will most probably join today, im just checking with the members

3 Likes

It’s not really a fair comparison on the issue. 77 of those posts were posted outside of business hours for Australia.

I’m also confused… you point out a lack of developer response, but then also say they should spend more time fixing bugs… The reason there hasn’t been a response is likely due to them being hard at work fixing bugs and issues…

4 Likes

I disagree here @Ozzie40361. I think the team is distracted, working on too many things, and they are making tweaks that noone asked for. I’m sure you don’t need the Community to make you a list of Developer Mis-steps in the last several months??

NowayJoe2Go

1 Like

No-one on this forum asked for you mean. This isn’t the only location that they receive feedback from, and also only represents a tiny fraction of the player-base. That’s not to say the concerns here aren’t valid, but implying that they’re making changes on their own whims rather than on player feedback and statistics is a very narrow viewpoint to take.

1 Like

I guess you are missing the entire point of this thread?

Where is the data? We have truly opaque calculations and logic for current Guild Wars. We went quite a few weeks where PC and Mobile had totally different stats. Several weeks ago, my Guild was actually knocked out of Bracket 1 due to GW crashing on Sunday and us not having time to complete the battles…

Give me a break! :smiley:

NowayJoe2Go

2 Likes

Don’t forget that your guild will also benefit from the clarity proposed in the op, if the devs implement them.
Also please stay on the topic & constructively criticize if you are not agreeing on a certain point or else there’s always an option to be a silent spectator.

5 Likes

Whoa that’s a lot of text.

I have mixed views.

I like the new scoring as it seems to allow me a bit more optionality. I can get roughly the same score with a purpose-built team to counter the meta grief defences, with only 2 colour match troops but a swift and flawless win, as with a contrived 4 colour match inefficient team and a slow painful risky game against said grief defence. And the former is way more fun.

I dislike the lack of transparency. It doesn’t hugely bother me, but I can fully see where threads like this would come from.

The changes so far haven’t solved the main GW issue anyway: the lack of variety in matches against the same two or three meta defences. Changes to GW so far are an interim step. I’d suggest to those complaining here: whilst I sympathise with your unhappiness, I suggest you sit it out until more changes are made.

6 Likes

800+ posts and only 2 replies from the devs. These replies were done during the 1st day of the topic. After nothing…

1 Like

I did mention that I’m not suggesting the concerns here aren’t valid, and at no point did I suggest that the things should stay as they are.

I was more pointing out that there is likely information that we don’t know of that the devs are acting on, troop usages, win rates, etc. They aren’t just deciding to work on certain issues or bugs based on a roll of a dice or a whim.

There are two issues here that are being conflated into one. A. What the devs are fixing vs what the community feels they should be fixing. and B. The fact that the GW scoring system is opaque and unclear. These are separate issues, and the OP is asking for clarity on issue B, rather than commenting on issue A.

EDIT:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at. I’m not advocating for more or less developer response. I’m pointing out that saying there have been 100 posts in this topic without a developer response is misleading as 75% of those posts happened outside of business hours. Time frame rather than posts would be a better indication.

3 Likes

I’m surprised about that because the Color bonus shouldn’t have been tweaked…
Can we know what do you mean by “roughly” and “score” (with numbers please)?

Defense team update will be done in the best case for patch 3.1.5…

You should know that these 800+ posts weren’t written in one day… and that this topic was opened last Monday.

I agree, though half of them were written within 48 hours.

But still, I’m not sure what your point is? I haven’t said that there isn’t a lack of dev response, or that there should be no dev response on this issue.

1709 for wulfgarok fg fenrir and another wulfgarok yesterday, battle won in a few turns after a fg cast on the first go, second move with huge skull cascades. My highest single gw score yet.
Posted elsewhere, can’t remember where so apologies in advance. Ps4.

You are falling into one of the secret scoring traps here. Previously, every action was worth 3 points, for a max total of 3 * 30 = 90. The counter was extended from 30 to 50, there’s no mention whether this stretches or amplifies the speed component. You seem to be assuming that every action is now worth 90 / 50 = 1.8 points, I’m fairly sure it remained at 3 points, for a new max total 150. This would make every game faster than 30 actions worth a flat 60 points more, which has a huge impact on scoring. Guilds taking this into account could easily score 10k additional points over the whole week, which is worth several placement ranks in a competitive environment.

2 Likes

You know what ? I think you all take this game too seriously. You realise this is game, right ? I baffled so many complaints nit pick this and that. Some you people act like this game is life. You life so unimportant or boring you need take silly gem game so seriously ? Just let dev do what they try and you just play the game in spare time OK ?

1 Like

Ok tache…

3 Likes

And i will use my care bear stare right back lol

1 Like

I’m not “falling into a secret scoring trap” . My objective is still to win the battle as quickly as possible. The fact that the score changes doesn’t impact my approach. Everyone is playing under the same rules.

3 Likes

It looks to me like your are. You assume that the changed speed component has far less impact than it seems to have, which may eventually lead you to pick a play style detrimental for your scoring. If your current objective is to win battles as quickly as possible, that’s great, it doesn’t conflict with your assumptions in this particular situation. Others might not be so lucky, they will score less, due to assuming the rules everyone is playing under are not quite the way they really are.

I don’t pretend to know how one of the 4 components will necessarily impact my score, nor do I care overly. Knowing that they changed from 30 to 50 turns might help someone who is tracking every result in every battle to try to reverse-engineer the formula, but it doesn’t change my view that I can maximize that particular bonus by winning in as few actions as possible. They could use a linear calculation like they do, or some kind of exponential or log function. It doesn’t matter what the formula is as long as the bonus is maximized by winning quickly.

I still haven’t seen anyone give a concrete example of how knowing every single aspect of that formula would affect their decision making in any way, given how much we already know. I CAN see how it would result in an unknowable number of pedants submitting error reports to support when they try to recalculate scores when there is a ton of stuff going on simultaneously.

Overall, I think the devs are probably getting the balance of information released about right given the situation that they are in. And again, I don’t like guild wars, find it a chore, do it only to support my guild but do try my best within reason.

3 Likes