To all who use all Fire Bomb Teams for Defense

I’ve said it a million times but the root cause of most defense team problems are:

• Competitive players are only rewarded for winning, which means using the cheesiest possible team. They aren’t doing 4x Fire Bomb.
  • Not-competitive players are rewarded the most for losing, which means using the stupidest possible team that can’t win. 4 suicide bombers does the trick.
  • The only reward for being creative is a warm, fuzzy feeling.
  • You can’t craft Infernus with warm, fuzzy feelings.

What we need are some in-game incentives to do something other than “cheesy win” or “easy loss”. Until we get that we’ll basically see 2 kinds of PvP team.

7 Likes

We’ve had this conversation before…

Still quick and easy gold trophies n glory so a few is ok i guess sorry if u dont like it but i do understand

For both ofense and defensive tests you can set your defense team and test it as long as you need. I do it often using Meta teams like Goblins or Dwarves (for GW specific days) just to get a feel of a new team strategy, manaflow and different approachs depending of the initial board state. If a new GW team appears and i have trouble against it i make some notations to check later.

It doesn’t gives anything “tangible” (resources) unlike a PVP battle, but the experience keeps your mind sharp. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hate the firebomb defense. So boring to play against.

My most disliked team at the moment.

It often robs me of a three trophy battle

How does it rob you of a 3-trophy battle? Do you mean that it takes the fun of beating a difficult team away, or something else?

3 Likes

I think he mean he hate play against this team so when it’s a 3 trophy match he feel forced to pick 2 trophy battle

2 Likes

I hated this team when I was wanting to get some souls while I PVP’d. They die so fast, i barely had time to collect souls. Felt like I was being ripped off :frowning:

I like to use my soul farming team against the 4x Firebombs, and have a race against time to see if I can get their powers off in time.

2 Likes

I still try to put up event appropriate teams to make the snotstone grind a bit quicker for folks. Sometimes that’s fire bombs.

Otherwise i like to try other stuff. Maybe i’ll throw a stoopid meta team out for a couple of days. Then fire bombs, because… fire bombs. I’m surprised people are complaining, :roll_eyes: shut up and have yourself a snack between meals. It won’t take long. :rofl:

Yeaaah no, as long as I’m getting gems for winning defenses, I’m sticking with the best possible team that gives me the W. But you’re free to have that opinion, OP. Gems > feels, IMO.

You don’t. You get a gem if your defense triggers a cascade of 7 or more, whether you win or lose. You simply get a few more glory and slightly more gold for a win than a loss, which is more than overshadowed by random revenges.

3 Likes

Is that still true when your revenges are mostly 1 or 2 trophy fights instead of 3s? 'Cause with a really weak defense i tend to not get 3 trophy revenges at all.

Do you have screenshots of pure defeat defense rewards stating as such? I’ve been paying attention to the defense rewards screen for the longest time, and nothing I’ve observed is in accordance with this statement of yours.

Through a cursory check, looks like I don’t. I have thousands of screenshots, though, and this probably wasn’t something I would have saved. I do have several with different amounts of wins and gem rewards, showing no correlation between number of wins and number of gems obtained. This was a semi-infrequent occurrence in the past but I’ve been mashing through these before they even finish showing rewards ever since it has been possible to do so, so I’ll have to keep an eye out to get one. The screenshots I do have saved with both wins and losses and a few gems is because a lot of battles rewards were stacked at the same time. Also, I’m fairly certain about 80-90% of my PvP defense wins are “fake wins” from them being farmed in casual PvP.

lol, right when I was getting ready to hit post:

2 Likes

Bringing this one back, was grinding out event points and wishing to thank those that put up all firebomb teams again.

On another note, to all you tools that put up Ubastet defense teams, I am not going to battle you any longer so no more revenge matches with me. If I have no choice I will choose the 1 trophy fight and then retreat to clear the choices .

8 Likes

Playing against the 4x bomb team is the same as not even playing the game at all.

Suicide troops shouldn’t give event points in my opinion.

1 Like

I agree that suicide troops should not count for kills as you are not killing them (but the ones you do kill should still count). But, its the game we are given and we play it the way they design it. In my opinion the 750 kills for this week is a bit much so I am very thankful to those that use the teams that help us finish the event.

I completely disagree. For every player that relishes the tactical challenge of winning matches, there’s a player that just wants easy wins to get guild trophies or gold or otherwise casually build towards their collection. Actually given the hugest part of the player-base are the casual players, I’d bet there are many more of the latter.

I’ve played this game every day for almost four years. I’ve had my share of challenge play against hard defences. I still like it now and then - I’ll take the risk of trying some strategy against the current overpowered joke troop defence. But mostly now my ‘project’ is building up my hero class xp and talents. I just got my Assassin class to 100. Assassin class doesn’t fit well in any really effective current meta pvp invade team, but I’ve enjoyed building a few different teams to use the Assassin’s weaker trait and talent set. And I’m very happy to bump into 4xFirebombs for the easy class xp.

Death knight is my next class project and its traits and talents are pretty useless. If the only pvp matches I found were divine Ubastet meta jokes - that can beat any team I play in a turn if the RNG goes badly, and will beat any suboptimal team easily unless the RNG goes amazingly luckily - then I’d be spending 100% of my time in the arena, rather than my current 50%.

3 Likes

Leaving this here:

I am actually having a lot of fun with Assassin teams against the meta. They’re not foolproof, but certainly competitive. (But this is off-topic, sorry to derail.)