Tiger King

QOL (PC/Mobile iOS each first battle) It takes over 20 seconds for the battle icons to stop “wiggling”.
It’s extra distracting since we have to take a moment to decide which battle to take.

1 Like

OH BOY, I’LL GO DO THIS IN THE CURRENT EVENT!

scratches head

And this is a perfect time as well to point out once again (as this event is restricted to Divine troops), that Whitehelm has Holy St. Astra which starts off all humans at 50% mana. Whitehelm has 11 troops that are Human and 18 that are Divine. And the hero Priest is Divine. So you don’t even start your own hero off at 50% mana.

Meanwhile Leonis Empire has only 4 troops that are Divine, and 15 troops that are human, yet has Divine Ishbaala (starts Divines with 40% mana), and its Hero class Warpriest is Human.

6 Likes

Okay, enough screwing around, THIS one I can do in the event…

OH COME ON

8 Likes

Yup another great way of explaining things… NOT.

Only thing that makes the Yao Guai fight rare is that there can only be 1 Yao Guai fight, there will never spawn 2 Yao Guai fights at once- where there can be 4 Hounds of Ice/Stone/Death!
/Poison/Fire

66 battles fighting all Yao’s available, not missing any ravens and picking highest available fights: 739 points.

2 Likes

This is the difference between testing and running numbers on what should happen.

We are seeing players getting the average score required with 62 battles (Tier 0) and then players needing Tier 2 to get it.

I wish I had a straightforward answer which is best but no matter which way I go it sounds wrong. Those going for the leaderboards or buying many shop tiers will do better with the hounds, those just needing the average can get it by taking Yao whenever offered. I think the original estimates of 947 must of been a little on the generous side :grimacing: as its seeming to float around 740 for free sigils.

1 Like

Just realized that it seemed like I was calling you out when I was actually simply curious as to where the extra 200 points came from between 730-40 and 947. I apologize for that. Think I’ll start skipping Yao from now on anyway so thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

No not at all, don’t worry, I just wanted to clear up the fluctuations in the scoring and tiers… Its all good. I know how valuable the sigils are and the graphics I make are so that people don’t have to mess around figuring this out and wasting sigils. It just happens that this is the first World Event since they started that I haven’t been able to give a concrete best scoring practice. Devs are keeping me on my toes :joy:

5 Likes

I’m imagining the devs plotting in their evil lair “How can we complicate matters for @Hawx …”

3 Likes

Lol. Since I write a Campaign guide.
I committed to a “crazy” Yeah-Guai scheme.

I am curious if eventually the game forces you to take a Guai battle though.

I made it 41 battles until I was forced to do a Hound of Stone battle.

1 Like

Could just be luck as well. Since Yao is capable of Variable scoring.

This week is truly dependent on how many Tiers you buy.

There’s no black and white answer.

“Do you” community. :wink:

1 Like

It’s not really that hard. Users with beta server access have already battled beyond free sigils and posted estimated scores at minute 1 after reset. Trivial enough to post the list of troops that will appear in sequence, and we slap on x1 - x1.18 - x1.3 ranges to scores at all tier breaks and away you go deciding whether to luck it knowing full well how many of each troop there are on offer.

It’s not like someone won’t discover the exact same sequence of troops - so not a secret that cannot be shared is it!?
Note: only need to go through 5 battles to know if the troop sequence has been reset between beta/live - I doubt it but who knows.

Sigh… explaining this stuff in guild chat every week is becoming a bit tedious.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s ridiculous that the scoring isn’t described in-game.

6 Likes

I hit 40 battles before I ran out of sigils. Debating buying additional tiers to hit 62 battles (and I can hear the devs in my ear hissing doooo iiiiitttt…), but my score after 40 no-Guai battles is only 336.

Hound only to start with will be worse, but in the long run will be better. I too am doing the no Yao strategy.

You’ll have 36 more battles by Sunday if you don’t buy any more sigils though right?
4 Sigils + 1 Valraven (at least) per day.

If you start to doubt yourself and things get tough, just remember what our favourite GemMakin’ said: “No, woman, no Guai”.

4 Likes

I am sitting at 62 battles and 630 points in the no-Guai plan. Pretty far short of the 733 points that the person on the leaderboard had when they hit 62 battles.

Anyone on the leaderboard in the early stages after reset with scaling scores may have received one or two x2 or x3 bonuses. These push their points up significantly in the case of Yao Guai, giving an extra 30-60 points. The spread from 630 to 733 however is too high for just that single reason.

You would have had to take 10 hounds at low points (6-8) against 10 YG at average of 18 points to accumulate a difference of 100 points.

Now that you have reached 62 battles, how many YG did you chance upon in that time?