Thoughts on (Alleged) 4.7 Update

I feel like the real issue from the “who is calling the shots” point of view is the playerbase expects to be competitive as F2P.

(Plenty of people don’t, and they love to explain it, but I’ve always felt GoW was really generous.)

I think they want you to get used to prioritizing some things and putting off others until later or maybe never. This is one step towards it. We’re getting it whether we like it or not. It’s possible they’re trying to pull the trick where they dramatically reduce the cost at the last minute to gain acceptance.

Adventure Board was the first step. We proved players were getting less through it and players still loudly defended it and said “wait and see”. Epic Tasks are what you get when you wait and see. The scary part is we know they have a Grand Plan leading up to 5.0. Do you really want to “wait and see” what’s in store for that?

Anyway, I play another game and the ones I like are generous with their gacha in return for selling only cosmetic items. Salty says that doesn’t work, but this game’s pushing its anniversary and has a spin-off game releasing on PS4 soon. If they’re losing money, they’re losing it in a fabulous and flamboyant manner. And it holds my attention because I never fall behind “because I didn’t get enough pulls” but instead for reasons like “I got a new Pokèmon game”. And I have spent an embarrassing amount of money on cute outfits for my characters.

GoW, on the other hand, is choosing to be generous with… less. It used to be pretty generous with currency to make up for its kind of stingy gacha. I have a bad feeling pretty soon I’m going to not be able to buy the tiers I want, or I’m not going to be able to get the month’s troops, and I’m going to start to fall behind. At this point, that isn’t going to motivate me to spend more. That’s going to motivate me to abandon ship.

There are better ways to talk me into spending money and I haven’t held them back for 2 years. I’ll remind you there are people right now on TV pointing at successful things and loudly declaring “they don’t work”, because they’d rather people vote for a thing that makes more money for the rich.

2 Likes

Or make Legendary Tasks limited availability, and Epic Tasks optional, and more expensive (than Legendary, but also slightly better) Mythic Tasks available after Epic Tasks are finished.

2 Likes

The sad/scary thing is that I’m actually curious about the game you’re referring to, because that’s the kind of environment I prefer, and given how much money I’ve spent on cosmetics in another game myself, it’s a lot more likely to get a lot more money out of me.

1 Like

Hopefully GoW will fix the Disenchantment and put it back to the way is was before. There in NO need to keep unwanted troops as part of your inventory and we should have the abilty to remove them> I have accumulated so many troops that I have discarded in the past, but somehow they keep popping up. If the update wants to do something that is actually beneficial to the players, stop giving us the troops that we have disenchanted and restore the function to remove ALL that we don’t want to keep. Our time is valuable along with our hard earned money, make it worth our wild to continue playing. IF IT AIN’T BROKE, DON’T BREAK IT!!!

You do realize, u need a mythic traited copy of 99% of the troops for kingdom power

4 Likes

The way you were playing gems of war was broken. So they fixed it for you. :grinning:

4 Likes

So many posts here seem to assume that legendary tasks are a right. They aren’t. They were created as a sink for guilds that have so much gold they don’t know what to do with it. With epic tasks, we’re back to where we should have been all along. Gold goes into the main tasks. If you’re in a top guild that doesn’t complete all the epic tasks any more, you’re probably going to lose out. But regular players, the one in low to mid ranking guilds that never complete all the current tasks anyway. Well, maybe they’re going to win. This new system sounds fairer to me.

This isn’t just about 4.7 but my overall thoughts about the devs / publisher and how the recent updates have been treating the community.

17 Likes

At least in the cartoon they’re very upfront about it!

5 Likes

There is some mention of this in this thread… while this is going to be annoying and divisive on pc/mobile it is going to be game ending on console and switch.

Switch is roughly 9 months old. There are around 10 guilds (if that) completing LTs and 3 or 4 doing like 10+/week.

You cant just do a pvp or explore or random pet event unless its during ur dedicated session on console. Mobile, by design, is going to have much higher daily participation than consoles.

To design gold sinks for all platforms not only based off end game players but also for the oldest and most frequent playerbase is absurd.

It cannot make any sense to any dev that stops and thinks about it.

Switch is current on patches but 9 months behind on content. We had to slug it out w/o skel key u til just a few months ago… we are doing dif 12 explores w nothing other than hkig teams. (Who we just got 6 weeks ago).

It makes no sense for consoles and switch to have the same blanket requirements as pc/mobile. Especially the new proprosed reqs.

Yeah… sooo…
where are the sink for souls? for treasure maps?
Sorry but the argument is quite broken.
LT are not a right, it’s something players get used to as many other things that have been around enough time. And as every other habits that get broken/changed players wonder what the reason is. If the reason is “too much advantage”, someone should have the guts to say it, not hiding under “it’s better for you”.
And even in the case, there are far better way of handling the question, without giving player unwanted/unrequested resource that will soon stockpile as the others.

2 Likes

Well said. I have thousands of legendary and mythic ingots, tens of thousands of chaos shards, thousands of treasure maps, thousands of useless treasure troops, millions and millions of souls, nearly 50 of each major orb of growth and wisdom, and absolutely no way to use any of those resources. Quit coming up with new ways to spend gold and start doing something about the stockpiles we already have!

2 Likes

I wouldnt mind only if they made LT mythic drop rates exponentially better. Or just call it mythic task whatever. That way LT would be really rewarding.

2 Likes

I agree…I’ve played 4 years straight probably missing 2 weeks of game play in that time. It has become too time consuming. Hard decision after so much commmitment, but finally hung it up last week and had someone else take over my team. Would have to spend hours every day to complete everything otherwise. Sadly, I’m out.

3 Likes