This was my first week that the Events were not really engaged

On my high level account, this was the event that inspired the most variety for me and had me testing a bunch of different teams. I specifically chose not to just farm the stones out in a Sacrifice loop in challenges or something because it gave me an excuse to use some of my older Black Beast teams and make some new ones as well. Were I only looking at reward ratios, this could have been a terrible slog but instead I decided to have fun with it, and ended up finishing it (one of the few that I have finished). There were plenty of options to make things dead at the same time as getting my daemon summons, albeit at a marginally reduced rate, but outside of closing out T1 PvP and occasionally seals, I generally donā€™t play for absolute speed most the time anyways.

On my low level account, setting up the summons and having an effective PvP team at the same time with limited resources was simply too much. I made it to 5 stones by putting a Warlock at the lead of my Dragon Soul team and cashed out from there. Without Kerberos or Abynissia or even Kruag or the Daemonomicon, that leaves me with Void Portal, Sacrificial Priest (bleh, 15% chance) and Daemonic Pact, which means I would have to just straight farm in a challenge or other not-PvP viable setup rather than having fun with team building. To be fair, I generally donā€™t play this account enough to get very far in most events, but with the lack of options to actually make any kind dent in this one especially painful. I can definitely see how some folks would have a problem with this one.

The only event I didnā€™t get any points in so far was the Treasure Hunt event. Part of the reason I dislike treasure hunt so much is because it is not engaging and yet you need to do it multiple times back to back to get any kind of usable reward, even when you are starting out. The event did nothing to solve this. I also ran the numbers, and the amount of gains didnā€™t make sense to torture myself with over two consecutive hours of speed treasure hunt.

3 Likes

Thanks for everyone who has given feedback here on the topic.

1 Like

Itā€™s probably too late for me to reply, and it sounds like youā€™ve made up your mind on this event alreadyā€¦ but I was already wandering these forums so I figured Iā€™d reply with my tips for this event.

First of all, just turn it down to normal difficulty. The usual way of doing this event involves slowing down to a halt, so youā€™re not going to be efficient with earning souls/gold anyway.

Second, hereā€™s a low rarity summon team that requires no traits to use (I use Abyssal Banner):

Wight
Sacrifice
Void Portal
Siren

Now, the Siren is what I used because I have her third trait unlocked anyway. You can just sub her out with Valkyrie orā€¦ anything, really. The Wight should be as high a level as possible because heā€™s the tank, the others can be level 1 if you donā€™t want to spend the souls. Basically, you just need to cast the Wightā€™s spell to give yourself souls for the Void Portal. Then, use Sacrifice to kill the last teammate and replace it with a summon from the Void Portal. Rinse and repeat. Itā€™s not super fast, but itā€™s cheap and there are enough hours (as of this post being made) for you to complete the whole event. Or at least get a couple tiers for some gems :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback

Problem was most of my troops now that fit this space are high shield/life but no traits for summoning daemons.

I ended up doing some toss character with the lowest life/shield that didnā€™t have any real strong trait in first slot, then mantis, banshee, void portal. I ended up on Hard since normal was taking WAY to long to even kill off the first troop plus skulls would destroy the rest of their team even if I didnā€™t do the skulls, the cascade would.

Yes yes yes.

Thereā€™s no reason to play in anything other than normal. Itā€™s all about maximizing rewards over time. Youā€™ll almost always get more per hour doing many easier matches than a few hard matches

1 Like

Iā€™ve been told otherwise. Mind you I do like getting a lot of souls for a 1 1/2 to 3 minute battle at Warlord 3 but are you saying I will make more at Normal in the same amount say 1 day with a the same team than I would at Warlord 3? Or do normal just for Events?

The only time I played on warlord 4 was the final challenge of a few kingdoms. I would mop up the early challenges in normal, only leaving the final unlocked, and then came back. Did this for a few kingdoms, but I am starting to need souls less and less, so I went back to explore.

1 Like

I can see this for trait farming - to go to Normal since it would be a heck of a lot faster since itā€™s just traitsā€¦

But souls? I going to have to do some research.

I imagine there is some segment of players who play for fun, not simply efficiency. I agree with you, but I think itā€™s because Iā€™m also an optimizer at heart.

2 Likes

Me too, I figure if I am out here trait farming I might as well collect as many souls as possibleā€¦so I know this slows me down since I really try to get the max souls each battle.

Yeah, I probably play about 70% of the time for efficiency but then I get bored and play for challenge and extra fun on Warlord 4 or whatever. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I had a single fight using sacrifice and void portal give me 51 snotstones. The enemy (explore) team had a summoner :). I had to break it off as I had to go to sleep though.
This is the only event where I got a reward beyond the 3x epic. The biggest reason I still didnā€™t finish it was because I wanted to contribute to 20k seals in the guild (our record is 21k or so) because of the mythic.

1 Like

Yeah, I figured that was the case. Personally I use Warlord II when grinding since the stat increase outpaces the reward increase beyond that. When I said to use normal, I did indeed mean just for this event. And you mentioned it takes too long for the enemy to kill something to make room. Thatā€™s what Sacrfice is for; to kill your own team :wink: