This was my first week that the Events were not really engaged

Honestly I did a few runs with Abynissia teams but got tired of the pace. I slapped Incubus on the front of Valk / Justice / Mab and got the occasional frags from his Daemonic Pact. I played enough PVP that it turned out to be plenty to get me the entire event done.

I did not even attempt to waste my time with this event.

With my little time, I did not feel like traiting out troops I would not use, or building a new team for this.

I have no issues with this event, but if this type of event is very common, I may just withdraw myself from ever doing them again. Waste of time when you have guild minimums to do.

1 Like

I used my normal team. Finished the event without even thinking about it. Last week I put Minogor at the top of the same team. So you donā€™t HAVE to change your play to take advantage of the event.

This week, just +5 glory with incubus was good for me.
I use the BD cheese deck with incubus.
Although future event reward is not good for me , it still good plus glory event.
I just disappointed that so many spirit troops are released these days.
I had to farm 21 blood, 21 blade for jotnar.
And did it and burn out now.
And next week will come another spirit.

1 Like

Yeah this week was definitely a full pass for me. :smiley:

Iā€™m about to end it with 0/200. For whatever reason, I just donā€™t go out of my way for these.

1 Like

Yeah same. If I can complete while doing my regular pvp matches then cool, otherwise itā€™s not worth it to me. :triumph:

Wow. I didnā€™t go out of my way and went 200/200. What are you guys doing? Surely youā€™re using the glory troop right?

Iā€™m specifically talking about the snotstones event, not the Glory bonus. You need to make a summoner build for snotstones, and I donā€™t have one, and for whatever reason, I couldnā€™t be arsed to make one this week.

2 Likes

I play tons of PVP. Each time Incubus dies, he has a 25% chance of generating a snot stone. I got like 60-70 stones just playing PVP the same way I always do. Add in a few Explores with 3xSac Priest and Kerberos and this event required almost zero special effort.

So far I have done all the events. I am maybe differently than most, but I do say yes to a challenge, especially for gems or valuable keys. I must admit that the Map event was a huge test for me. This event was painful and filled with boredom also, but was not as long lasted as the Maps.

2 Likes

Youā€™re not different than me. :+1:

1 Like

Been that way for a while now (since 1.0.9). And really, killing with poison wouldnā€™t be that bad, as long as you could whittle them down with other damage first, and only the killing blow had to be poison. If they did do a poison event, it would be a good time to rework poison to be more effective.

Lol shows you how often Iā€™ve played with a poison troop (I donā€™t think I have since Webspinner was the meta) :slight_smile:

For poison to kill you would need to get enemy hp to 1 (!) and to let the turn to enemy. Even with that posion might not happen do to 50% chance of happening and you might lose.
It would be ā€œdoableā€ in explore at best. And limiting us to explore only doesnt fill right nor gives diveristy.

1 Like

The only event I didnā€™t complete so far was the Treasure Map,

All of the events this week were glaring examples of why events were created in the first placeā€¦to slow the game to a crawl. Longer matches pitting a weak minimal glory gainer against buffed defenses, players distracted by shiny snot trinkets to get plastic prizes, etc. Toss in a defense-based mythic and ths has been the worst week by a mile.

Now waiting on a ā€œGet one point per no damage dealt turnā€ event. Endless healing for hours on end. 1,000,000 points gets you 2 glory keys!

The only event I completed so far was the Treasure Map,

1 Like

I think I understand your frustration but this event didnā€™t slow me down that much. I think I probably lost 2-3 hours of time that I would have spent PvPā€™ing instead. For me (and I would guess many others), the benefits of events is that they help keep the game fresh by forcing you to use cards you probably have ignored in new ways. Sure not all Events are going to appeal to all players but to assume their main purpose is to slow down the game I think is incorrect and a bit short sighted.

If the devs really wanted to do that they wouldnā€™t have just added another +magic kingdom lol.

4 Likes

Well said.

1 Like