This made my day

I finally broke the seal on my copy of Fallout 4 a few weeks ago and have been working my way through the game. As I was exploring an abandoned building, I found this Vault-tec Lunchbox and remembered why I love these games so much:

9 Likes

Lol i always look for one that says vangor!

So farā€¦ No dicešŸ˜Ŗ

3 Likes

I need to get back to fallout, Iā€™m on my last play through.

1 Like

One of my fav games ever!

2 Likes

I platnuimed the other 2.

1 Like

I loved Fallout 3 (100% Achievements)! I enjoy 4 but it doesnā€™t have the same feel for some reason, keep retrying it every few months.

Its odd because 4 is ā€œbetterā€ in almost every way than 3. Except interaction/story.

3 Likes

Do you mean to finish all the faction quests? I still havenā€™t made up my mind on who I will side with for my first run-through.

1 Like

Iā€™m still making my mind up. I loved FO3 and NewVegas unreservedly and it took me a little while to get into this one. I think there were so many new elements to figure out that it was a steeper learning curve. So far, it seems a little less quirky and fun than the previous instalments as far as some of the NPCā€™s and encounters go. Moira Brown was worth the price of FO3 all on her own.

1 Like

OK so My key tip is a lot of saves. You never know what will happen. Hard saves so itā€™s right at key turning points.

My last play through is with the paladins or whatever the hell they were. Iā€™m sure you know , I bought the collectors edition with the book. I think Iā€™ll go back to the Rebels though to pick up the platinum.

My favorite part is finding the bobble heads and unique weapons and lock picking.

Enjoy that very fun.

Oh yeah fat boys and parking lots full of cars!!! BOOM!

1 Like

I just love searching buildings and exploring. One of my favorite parts of FO3 was having to explore all of the subways to find access points to the different parts of the downtown ruins. It seems a lot easier in this game (so far) to just walk wherever you want to go. Havenā€™t been to all parts of downtown yet, though.

Looking forward to my first big battle set-piece (aside from the power armor tutorial where they hand you a minigun, power armor and then sick a Deathclaw on you). Iā€™m pretty sure that the next Minuteman quest is going to be a serious fire-fight, and havenā€™t stumbled on a behemoth yet.

1 Like

I restarted a new play through on Survival difficulty a few months ago. Just to make it I bit harder :grin:
No quicksaves for me.

3 Likes

You seriously need to pick up The Long Dark!!! Its incredible and difficult at the same time. Search explore or diešŸ˜

:100::100::100::100:

10char

1 Like

Which one?

ā€œRetake the castleā€, I think itā€™s called - or ā€œTaking independenceā€?. Preston wants to meet me there with backup, which is a pretty dead giveaway, but the location is on the far side of the city, so itā€™s going to take some work to just get there in the first place. Iā€™ve reached the north-east coast, so I can start working my way down, but Iā€™ll probably get sucked into about 10 side-quests before I make it that far.

Dogmeat is still essential in that mode? Losing him in FO3 broke my heartā€¦

Donā€™t laugh! I got Fallout but even my first few hours in it was spent making a community. And the only time I go out is to collect more materials for my growing communities. I see people completing objectives doing all this killing. And Iā€™ve spent like 95% of my time making communities and nice structures. I would seriously buy a copy if Fallout made settlements a standalone game.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the beauty of those games: your infant son was kidnapped? Donā€™t worry about it, heā€™s not going anywhere! You can spend all your time decorating your house, or helping a loser find his confidence, or helping two star-crossed lovers find their way. The raiders and mutants can wait.

2 Likes

From a review: Bringing the challenges of survival to a very realistic circumstance where you are stranded out in the winter wilderness and forced to withstand hunger, thirst, cold, and nature.

Sounds like a typical winter in Edmonton, except with less driveway shovelling.

-giggles- mhmsssss I even collected all the outfits in a trunk. Think everyone does that though. My favorite is the ruby dress. I do wish I could shut them up sometimes. They do talk way too much when Iā€™m walking around. (Iā€™ve even shot my own settlers for bugging me) Yaā€¦ then they all attack but -eh-.

1 Like