This isn't about nerfing. It's about balance

Honestly i don’t see a point in creating a new trooptype for that, when almost all mythics qualify for at least 3 trooptypes anyway by lore and them being tagged as Divine is just an arbitrary devcision by the Devs.
Many of them could just have their Divine tag changed to whatever other already existing trooptype they qualify for and that would strengthen these trooptypes while eleviating the Divine problem, instead of creating a new trooptype that will be either useless for a long time or just as broken it if happens to absorb the whole op Divine package.

Ok, how about her trait is changed to ‘Give divine allies enchanted at start of the battle’? Still stupid powerful, but will at least give you a little more time to do something. Might be more powerful though… I’m not sure.

My main issue with the divine meta is that it feel like any team comp that takes more than 2 turns to get itself together is going to get run over. The devs have really dug themselves into a hole with Ishbaala, she just limits the design space too much.

And then what about the people who bought her in the $49.99 packs?

Hell of a lot teams don’t care what they face, they just win, if board not super opposing you. When you master them, sure you can have 97-99% win rate.

1 Like

I agree to a certain degree. Right now Divines are dominating the playing field. It really annoys me because there isn’t that much originality in PVP. Some will make a really good deck and then bam… so many people go and copy it because it wins. I am sick of seeing the same divine deck over and over. I beat it 80% of the time but its just like when queen maab decks were all over. But I do think that Ubistat needs to be nerfed. Instead of 4:1 for all enemy attack it should be 3:1. Back to decks… You will never see me playing the deck that everyone else is playing, no matter how good it is in defense. I will make variances, but not guy for guy. I try to use my brain power and ingenuity instead of following everyone else.

1 Like

Honestly, we already have the perfect troop type for this: Boss. Hell, the usable version of Zuul’goth already has it.

Make all base mythics X/Boss and that’s a lot of problems sorted right there: half the mythics aren’t Divine any more, as a result the actual Divine type gets brought more into line with everything else, and Godslayers have an actual use after their relevant raid event is over.

1 Like

I’ve seen this mentioned a few other times and IMO it’s one of the more elegant ways to “nerf” the mythics we tend to mean when we want to see the power level flattened.

All trait that give 50% mana should be changed to « give 6 mana and enchant »

Interesting idea. Worth the devs looking into. Though I think you mean Deity (a God-like figure) rather than Diety (they need to lose weight?)… :grin:

7 Likes

Great suggestion. However, I have this to add: Make all troops on PvP defense that aren’t Heroes an automatic X/Tower. That way we’d finally get mileage out of the Siegebreakers after Invasion as well.

I don’t think turning the whole game into a single target instakill slugfest is really improving anything, but that is just me…

2 Likes

I don’t mind it in PVP. I certainly have a problem with it in Guild Wars and other sigil-based modes. What would happen if GoW implemented a “banned” list like Wizards of the Coast does in Magic: the Gathering.

I suggested it for a week long period. I still think it could lead to a valid experience regarding the metas:

The beards are unlikely to one shot kill in guild wars like Ubastet does. Unless you are fighting a low level opponent.