This is not a call out... just a screen shot from pvp

Yes on merit I agree.

But also a fair playing field, and they only way to make it fair.

Is by making a disadvantage to higher level players.

Without a disadvantage, then the leagues would just be categorised in order or highest level 1st.

And surely no one wants that, if you believe in a fair competition.

I’m not trying to disregard what people say.

Like I said I’m level 1600. So if a player who’s a level 1,k does same amount of battles as me, they’ll have more points.

And I say, well done, as you’ve took longer to win than me, so I’m happy they’ve more points.

It’s just fairness.

1 Like

I’m in topaz this week, in 5th position.

I grind, but I’m not mad
And I do every mode not just PvP.

All the players above me are higher levels, some have done double the battles but are only about 8k more points.

Now there’s 2 more promotions till highest diamond league, if I get promoted from topaz, there’s no way I can see IL be getting into diamond.

As the next league will be even harder, more grinders.

And I’m fine with this , every week old PvP. I got top 100.

Highest ever was 9th. But this new PvP has brought way more players into PvP.

And I’m fine with this, guys ino you all want books.

So please as a test , add up how many you need to fill every Kingdome. Then divide by 3 the max you can buy every week.

This will still take years, and in them years, there’s more kingdoms. They average one new kingdom every ,6 months.

So everyone please take a chill pill.

Your never gonna be able to grind enough books to fill the demand. Just have fun play the game. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A fair playing field looks like ‘Arena’. Do you play that format?

2 Likes

Timing also means loading times. If someone can win 4 battles a minute in PvP - they are my heroes :rofl: The only time I can win that many battles per minute is in explore 1 during a GAP with double hawk team, where I don’t need to touch the board at all, just two spells (empowered troops) to cast - provided that there is no dragonite gnome on the enemy team :rofl: And I’m lvl 1720. Maybe I could do it in old casual PvP in the left-hand battles, where I had a one-shot team for players below lvl 500-600 - but that’s a thing of the past now, such battles appear maybe once every 50-100 battles for me :rofl: No more easy smashing of new players in this reworked PvP, no more 4 battles per minute. Not possible.

Even when loading times will get back to their normal levels in PvP, 4 battles per minute isn’t realistically possible, even with a fast team that kills all enemies in one-two casts (depending on the enemy level). Kafka mentioned 100 battles per minute (likely meant per hour) as the achievable mark - and I think that’s doable (per hour, of course). 4 battles per minute - hell no. Whatever your level. Add to that the issue of concentration - how long is it actually possible to focus that long on spamming wins? I can keep up with double hawk team during a GAP for the 15 minutes, but after the timer hits minute 10, I slow down, because I can’t focus well enough. We’re talking about hours of battles here, not just 15 minutes during a GAP.

The problem isn’t just that high level players get fewer points; it’s also in the match-making - how often high level players get matched with high base VP battles, and how often they get 3 25-base-VP battles to choose from. Which is why:

is right. This is what we need - better match-making, to make it more fair for everyone. Scoring can stay the same, for as long as we are getting same % of lower and higher scoring battles offered.

With one big reservation - the match-making should take into account both player level and team score - because while player level is mostly a metric of how many battles a player has played in the game, it’s the team score that measures the player’s progression in the game - class completion, delve completion, collection progress, etc. We can have two lvl 1500 players, who will be nowhere near one another, if one took the effort to progress in the game, was lucky to be in a good guild from the start, got a good collection going, and the other mostly played explore 1 for quick hero XP, but stayed in a dead guild for a long time, had few keys - so troop & weapon & pet collections are severely lacking, avoided delves… hero level really isn’t everything.

6 Likes

Ok il answer this , even tho it’s off topic.
And I think you just wanna try and prove something which it doesn’t.

I love random troops, I. Use random in PvP and daily battles.

Do I play arena no, I love the format, weak troops, random stuff.
But there’s no weapons or class, yes there used to be. But the Devs did it wrong, as if there’s only epic and under troops, there should only be epic and under weapons.

So no I dont play arena.

But if the give a 4 selection of classes and a 4 selection of weapons. Then the troops.

I’d love Arena.
Ok

1 Like

Wasn’t it like that before? I tend to pick the hardest opponent, and in the old system I’d very rarely get someone much higher than me. 2k players barely ever showed up. In the new system, I’m even getting matched with 3k players, and can win because the AI jumbles together often bizarre defence teams. I’ll get some defences with 3 mythics, and others with a crown, gnomes or other troops players are very unlikely to use unless it was for the old defences that were deliberately set up to let people win.

3 Likes

Also can I just say.

The highest say 5 players in the game.
Would constantly be playing each other.
We all know they’d hate that.

Also the old PvP , journey troop teams , tower EK.
4 bombs wtf.

Guys this new PvP is so much better.
Yes the loading is atrocious, and because everyone is grinding like the world ends tomorrow there’s complaints.

Give this mode a month , you’ll see you’ll enjoy it, it’ll all settle down.

I absolutely love having a monster team. Weaver X2 and big MEG. Playing only other monster teams.
I’m enjoying this new style so much.

Even last week I made a very efficient blighted lands team .
So it’s way better.

2 Likes

In the old system - it didn’t matter, because the scores were capped on both ends. Whether we got a 3k level or a 2k level - the right-hand score never went above 66-68. But it also never got back to the base level / lower than middle and left-hand fights. In this new system I had offers of three battles, with 25 base VP, 25 base VP, and a whopping 29 base VP on the right-hand battle :rofl:

1 Like

And it’s horrible that your such high level that you get bad points.

But maybe think of it like this, the Devs are thinking your such high level.

25 mill souls 90 mill gold more diamonds than the Hilton’s.

There thinking these high level players don’t need the top places, what could they possibly need resource wise.

Books, of course!

2 Likes

Team generation is currently NOT working as intended - the attack teams aren’t saved as they should to be defenses, we face random troops meeting the criteria. Wait until you have to fight Todd Greenwood in Wargare restriction region in every single battle, and a Seekra team in every single Zhul’Kari restriction region - then you’ll be telling a different story.

I enjoy the current version of PvP a lot - but I’m afraid a “fix” is coming soon that will destroy a fun mode completely, where we will face the most annoying loopers and enemy teams players can think of anyway. Now only Central Spire is unplayable, when they “fix” the attack teams not getting saved and used as defences, most regions will become unplayable - it will of course depend on whether it is possible to create an attack team that’s just as annoying on defense given the restrictions. And THEN the PvP bubbles will calm down, as players will move back under the rocks they’ve been sitting before the PvP rework :rofl: and only the most dedicated will stay and grind.

2 Likes

Exactly and I wanted that reply.

Now read my message further up.

No matter how high you are.
You’ll never fill the demand of books.

So iv answered this.

Yes you need books, but you’ll never get them this way.

3 random colour.

This game is high on rng aswell.
Do you really honestly think the purple books will drop as much as the yellow/brown.

Nahhhhhh not happening on this planet :joy:

1 Like

Yep your completely right over the journey teams, thankfully they’ve now stopped making that type of troop.

So yes ino it’s gonna happen.

In certain ones, Elf, warfare, centaur whatever.

Iv got a counter. It’s called frostmage diamantina.
Or use the same team, as we get 1st move .

And it’s 5 battles then go next kingdom, if your grinding silver.
So atleast we all no when or were we get the chalcedony clone teams

Is it fun tho? Is it something I would want to do all week, and then week after week? Hell no…
These journey troops hit like little babies, the battles will take forever and one day.

1 Like

I did ask that question, but it wasn’t answered.

And there will be a player who gets all their kingdoms to level 30 first, and these PvP rewards will likely have helped as much as their walltet.

Ok il write it here 1st.

As there’s a new kingdom every 6 months which is 25 weeks.

No one will ever ever max every kingdom to level 30.

By getting 3 RANDOM COLOUR BOOKS each week.

It will never happen, if you use basic maths .

38 kingdoms.
Add up all the books you need.
Then because it’s random add on more.
As your not getting the colours you want.

I’m 1st and can guarantee no one will fill every kingdom.
In 6 months the new kingdom needs 30 more books of same colour.

1 Like

I repeat, “… as much as their wallet.”

By taking the deeds and writ offers from the Merchant and flash offers, etc, there will be someone who gets there first.

Or, more likely, the wallet does most of the heavy lifting.

And how that actually affects our gameplay, exactly? That one “someone”? Outside one in a 1000 battles where we meet that “someone” in PvP directly, it has absolutely zero impact on how me, Alpaca, play the game and whether I enjoy it. If that one person has two or four points more stats than I have, and if it makes it easier for them to hit no. 1 on global LB - good for them! But it will still be a grind, even with the extra stats from that power level 30. And I have enough of a life outside the game that I don’t aim for that anyway.

If they have enough money to buy out all the books they need - good for them! I’d rather spend my money for the roof over my head.

Don’t let other people’s progress in the game affect your own enjoyment of it. Not worth it.

1 Like

I preempted this reply.

Ok buy kingdom pass one book
Buy enough sigils that you get 2 from journey event.

Grind so much that you get maybe one book every 4 weeks from writs from merchants.

Get 3 random books every week for 26 weeks.

That’s about 88 books, if your damn lucky.

Ohhhhere’s that new kingdom needing 30 more.so you only gained 58 not 88 cos the newbie is hungry wants 30 more books.

So you’ve just gained 58 random colour again il say it random colour books mostly yellow blue brown books.

Then this is rinse and repeat every 6 months.

So my friend if your still here in ten years, let me know how close anyone is to maxing every kingdom.

I’m using basic maths here.

I’m going to add for everyone please please read this and realise that PvP grinding is not going to be the answer to the books problem.
Yes we will get some books, more than we had.
But this isn’t the answer to your problems.

Just please do basic math and add it all up yourselves.
Hopefully this helps someone to not be mislead into thinking if they get top 3 every week top league. They max there kingdoms. It’s not gonna happen

By going for the top spot in PvP, to get the books more quickly.

1 Like