This is not a call out... just a screen shot from pvp

i am 47th here. just looking either side of me show the how unfair the system is.

I AM NOT IMPLYING CHEATING

9 Likes

That Is madness, and having to do double the games is a bit much .

But the Devs, do have to make it, so lower levels, without the full kingdom and levelling stats, and extra troops.

The lower levels have to be able to compete with the higher levels on a even playing surface.

Like horse racing, weā€™re some horses have to wear weights.

Or golf, weā€™re lower players get free strokes.

The Devs have to do something to make it even, length of time playing a game levelling up.
Shouldnā€™t give you a massive advantage in a all player all level competition.

4 Likes

Can you elaborate?

While I never do anything near that amount of PvP. I do sometimes end up with more points than higher level players who did more battles and lost less. I think thatā€™s because I always pick the hardest battles, as I want a challenge as opposed to winning as fast as possible, and the harder ones also give more points.

2 Likes

48th and 49th almost double the wins

1 Like

With a ā€˜fairā€™ scoring system, league table placings would just come down to whoever plays the most.

But thatā€™s not ā€˜fairā€™, either. Having more time does not make one player ā€˜betterā€™ than another.

So the solution depends on the devsā€™ motives for this format of PvP. Is it to reward players for beating their peers in a somewhat fair environment, or is it to get playersā€™ eyes on screens for longer?

3 Likes

Well, until the rework, itā€™s been down to ā€œwhoever plays the mostā€ anyway. This new scoring is unfair to high level players, but either way, with or without the ā€œfairnessā€ coded in - it comes down to how many hours you can dedicate to a given mode, how many battles you can win, how quickly, to maximise the score per hour, per day, and per week.

EDIT: It feels to me, a little bit, that we now complain so hard about scoring because we are divided into these 30-people bubbles and everyone has a chance at this small LB rewards - if we put our time, and eyes, and fingers, to it. Before, when there was only one LB, only the most crazy dedicated players had ever a chance. Most of the playerbase had to satisfy themselves with Tier 1 rewards and go home, or play other modes, or not play GoW at all. Now itā€™s not just the top dedicated players, now everyone has a chance to be top 3 in their bubble, to get extra rewards. A bubble of 30 seems more winnable than a bubble of all GoW players, right? So more people are affected and face the dilemma: is it healthy for me to spend this much time in the game? are the gold marks really worth that much of my time?

10 Likes

Yes, I totally agree, itā€™s not fair at all. We are punished for playing the game more often and so we have a higher level? Why, if there is a caste system of players by level, the leagues are not adapted to it. How pleasant it would be if I did not overtake me in the ranking of 500+ LV lower with a significantly smaller number of battles. For Godā€™s sake, will you do anything about it?

2 Likes

You are punished for being a higher level.

But it canā€™t be made equal.

You canā€™t have a level 2500 play with a level 1000.
And not put in a disadvantage for the higher player.

Itā€™s like putting in a heavyweight boxer with a strawweight boxer. You need to tie a hand behind there back.

So there has to be a disadvantage, now double the games does seem unfair.

But itā€™s a timing thing, if a level 2500 can win 4 battles a minute, compared to a level 1250 player winning 2 battles a minute.

Iā€™m sorry but that is actually fair.

Longevity of knowing about a game made 7 years ago, shouldnā€™t be an advantage, you have to put new players less than a year into the game, on the same pitch as a 7 year high level player.

Iā€™m sorry ino those numbers look unfair, Iā€™m a 2 and a half year level 1600 player so Iā€™m middle diddle, so I see how they look.

But the Devs have to make it fair, so if high level wins 4 in the same time as low level wins 2. Itā€™s obviously the best way.

Ps Iā€™m 5th in my league getting slammed by 2 players over level 2000. I canā€™t win either way :joy:

1 Like

The devs donā€™t have to do this, anybody remotely familiar with game design will call out their current approach as plain idiocy. The devs could instead always match players with other players close to their level. That way everybody gets to play roughly the same number of battles at the same relative difficulty for the same average score.

20 Likes

But PvP is for every player in the game, and everyone starts on zero points.

Why should there be leagues based on length playing the game.

If they did that, then a league with 30 players all over level 2500
And a league with 30 players all ranked between 1k and 1.1k
Should get same rewards.

But Iā€™m sure the higher level players will then say, but weā€™re higher level, are rewards should be more .

No just because someone found a game 7 years ago, and someone found it 1 year ago.
Thatā€™s not the lower level players fault is it.

What the Devs are doing is fair imo

3 Likes

Also nearly every mode,

Guild wars
Doom
Journey
Invasion

Every mode is designed to benefit a higher level player.

You hit harder
You have more troops
More traits
Higher class levels

Infinatum

PvP is the only mode weā€™re little can play with big.
I like that the Devs have done this.

Letā€™s forget the superiority complex for PvP guys.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not about number of battles.

Itā€™s about time spent playing.

It takes longer to win if you hit softer.
So you should get more points at lower levels.

If you canā€™t see this, I canā€™t help you.

3 Likes

Except you donā€™t. See leagues in real world sports where there is promotion and relegation. Players/teams start at the bottom and then earn their right to compete at the top end.

Right now, what should be happening in my opinion, is that the better players (with all the useful troops and attributes) should be pulling away from the players who are still building their account, and naturally finding a place higher up. And the rewards should be higher, the further up the leagues, in order to provide the carrot for players with developing accounts to chase.

There is a problem with this format, however, if the intention is to reset the leagues every so often.

5 Likes

Yes in all them leagues.

They all started on day one in the same league.
Then over the next 100 years all were promoted and relegated.

Till you see weā€™re they are now.

So just like the first English league was about 12 teams same league.

Then PvP all has to start same league.

Iā€™m English a footy fan. And I support a team that started in 1886 .
So ino sports .

Also exactly.

Every GoW player is starting at the bottom. Of PvP

The issue is. That the level 2500 players have man city players

And the level 1k players have Scunthorpe players.

So your analogy is wrong.

You just said better players.

But longevity of playing to make you a higher level player, or buying lots of stuff with real money.

Doesnā€™t make you a better player imo

And youā€™ve also just said, should get better rewards.
No you shouldnā€™t just cos you new about a game longer.
Thatā€™s totally unfair in the real world.

Iā€™m amazed you canā€™t see this.

Looks like a cheaters league btw. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also youā€™ve said the higher players, should be pulling away from the lower players.

Thatā€™s just a bad attitude to have, how can the lower player ever catch the higher player, if the gap keeps getting wider .

Iā€™m astounded youā€™ve said that, if you know about football, you must be if the opinion that itā€™s good to spend billions to win a league, but destroy a competition.

IE. Man city , Chelsea , maybe in the future Newcastle.

Totally bad, unfair , attitude.
Step on the weak till there crushed into the ground.
Not a good way to think my friend. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Assuming 2 players with the same intelligence, but one with a level 1000 developing account, and the other having a level of 2500, with all the troops, then I would expect the level 2500 to be better at completing matches because of all the extra options their collection has. They would battle faster and lose fewer troops and could operate well against scaling content.

So ā€˜betterā€™ in that regard.

A league placing should be decided on merit, I agree. But a new account is not going to have a chance against an end-game account, so why would they be in the same league?

3 Likes

@TheTruth It is an uphill battle trying to convince people. As you are fighting both cheaters and other people which trying to outsmart you. You better focus on other stuff than give it your all. Let people be naive if that is what they want to. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes