OK I am level 1000 so at the end game. Not sure what people experience at lower levels but;
- 9 out 10 games are now great maw builds.
- Many times all three of my battle options are Maw builds.
- After the Queen Mab nerf (of 13 gems to extra turn instead of 10), I am myself am using Maw on both offensive and defensive because frankly it’s the most overpowering build.
- Sure I’m seeing a lot more famine and plaque but always with maw.
- Before the (13 Gem Nerf) I was seeing some true damage builds, more dragons, Mab builds, etc. Now it’s just Maw, Maw, Maw and more Maw.
I understand trying to insert counters into the game but they don’t really counter me.
It’s not even uncommon for me to fire off a Mercy/Maw combo and win the game in 1 to 3 turns. I don’t think any build should be able to win the game in less than three turns.
In my humble opinion (and this is coming from someone that has played that game 1862 hours) maw really just needs a nerf.
Like for real; It’s really is OK to nerf something when it completely starts to dominate the whole game. Diversity is good!
There are whole bunch of great options to balance it;
- Get ride of the third trait change to devour. I know it’s just “15 percent” but it’s not uncommon for me to win a game and devour three or all four of my enemies troops. It really does seem to me to devour more than 15 percent of the time, but maybe I am just lucky.
- Make it so It can only devour once so that you get the devour from skull damage or get it from casting but you only get one.
- Remove Devour from the game .
- Make devour only give health instead of armor and attack. I mean really, why does eating someone give me their armor and attack power but not their magic? It actually makes no sense that eating someone would give you their armor or give you their attack.
As a few side note;
- I would love for you to actually remove the level cap. You lose to feeling of progress at 1000.
- Create an options so people can have more than one character. I would love to start over and experience the lower level game without have to fight MAW, MAW, MAW & more MAW but I’ll be damned if i’m going to delete my level 1000 tune when i put 1800 hours into it.