Things that make you frustratingly angry playing GoW

Back again after being cut out mid delve because of the time lapse. I’d just like to state how painfully aggrevating it is to play the new delve, considering how well it shows just how poor the percentile chances are in the player’s favor. Never have I seen the game go harder to get several agile procks in succession, and to make their random, RANDOM, bunnicorn charm cast always hit a mang buffed hero to kill out your second or third troop, depending on flipping. That and the nonsense of the tricksters always accumulating 10 of 11 mana per cast every time is utter trash. Maybe next time focus on a little more skill, whoever makes this game, rather than going with a team that is not only worthless anywhere outside of its own inclusive delve, but flaunting your inadequacies at making a fair match like they were your crown jewels. Seeing every ‘all allies positive status’ as a barrier isn’t very fun when you’ve got 12 delves to do just before the time limit.

Usual :ox::poop:

I’m sure many would say I should appreciate the minor Ascension Orb. I can’t because of all the bs RFG. But yeah it can be worse. It can also be a lot more fair and balanced.

It’s an issue with holiday skulls generating a perma bone storm.

Someone raised this issue a while back and although Cyrup dismissed this being a bug, turning the holiday gems off resolved the issue.

Well dang, I didnt know that was a thing. I guess I have to join the crowd that hates holiday skulls. Thanks for that

Turned holiday gems off. Still a constant skull storm during ToD to F people over. I’m guessing it’s their new idea of scaling difficulty. :+1:
It’s an amazing way to make people not want to play their game.

I just turned off festive themes, played 1 daily delve and 1 tower of doom and noticed way more skulls then when i still had it on earlier today.

Can’t play with holiday skulls when they’re on, can’t play with it off when holiday skulls are off. What the heck.

Lol… Fair enough… I’ll go back to Holiday gems being on and see if it’s more favorable. They could stop breaking shit when they add shit… That would be nice. 🤷

Update: The festive gems being on or off doesn’t matter. It’s simply the game choosing to screw you over pretty much.

• The luck factor that gives the AI endless Cascades after Trickster clearing the board.
  • Random status effects Always being barrier or blessed for the AI.
  • Or having the difficulty of the game be dependent on time of day.

The last loss was definitely my fault. I knew the AI was on Max difficulty. But I wanted to see if the skulls would still be an issue. They weren’t. The AI ripped me a new one in different ways instead. :clap:

I noticed if I eat a breakfast with three pieces of toast, there are less skulls than on days when I eat two pieces of toast. Also, if the number of swear words I’ve said is an even number, I tend to get more cascades. I tried turning holiday gems on and off, but I need to perform more experiments because I was playing on the East side of my room, and at 4PM I see more green gems if I play on the side that’s closer to Salt Lake City.

Didn’t know that you have this kind of humor. :rofl:

Well I mean like I saw it earlier and interpreted it as a real bug: “The game is keeping a skull storm active across many games and it stops if you toggle this setting”. That’s a tangible, provable thing and definitely qualifies as a bug.

But as it goes on I get the feeling “skull storm” was meant to mean “I’m upset because I lost to a series of improbable skull cascades”. That’s not really a storm, and toggling game settings isn’t really going to change it.

And like, I’m also not invalidating the feeling, because it sucks to be on the receiving end. But this is reality:

This is a game where the teams that win are the teams that are really good at one or more of the following:

• Manipulating the board so they get multiple free turns.
  • Manipulating the board so one or more colors is eliminated, thus creating high probabilities of massive cascades.
  • Exploiting boards manipulated as described above to generate large amounts of skull damage.

The bad side of this kind of gameplay is if one gem falls out of place, you pass the turn to the CPU with everything set up for them to get it. Worse, often their team is good at one or more of the talents, to, so you’ve tilled the field and planted the seeds then lost the turn before the harvest. That’s when you get hit in the face with 1,800 skull damage, 8 free turns, and a lot of other stuff that is improbable except your team is designed to create that improbable scenario.

I’ve said for a long time I think there’d be less overall resentment and accusations of RNG manipulation in a mode with no free turns. That means if you did whiff with your converter, an entire class of “how the CPU can kill three troops with no recourse” gets eliminated.

I mean, seriously. I played 300+ PvP matches this week with the Skeleton Key team to finish off the Thief class. My team is designed to win in like, 6 turns, ignoring whatever the opponent is trying to do. There are no decisions to make.

So it follows that sometimes when I face another Skeleton Key team, if my first move isn’t spectacular, they beat me in like 6 turns, ignoring whatever I am trying to do. That’s not “a skull storm”, that’s “a team that is broken if you enjoy slow, strategic play”.

Ok, I was wrong.