Things of Stone and Wood

I noticed that the head start started at the beginning of phase 1 instead of after 5 battles of phase 2. Initial battles were at the default level but the one’s that spawn in after the first were at levels expected with the head start. Result was a bonus of 183 to fight harder Eye of Arges battles, I didn’t pay attention to the initial scores from Volthrenax or Matron Dragotani to see whether on not there were properly increased by the headstart.

Kafka, can we expect a fix here?

So what is the points per member and tier buy in right now to complete all 16 stages?

Tier 6 needed I believe

If events are going to require T6 or higher buy in then there needs to be books involved to make it anywhere near worth it IMO. Hard to get guild mates to use that many gems when there are no books.

4 Likes

As of now it is 2234 pts and around Tier 6, but this HAS to change as it is clearly messed up so maybe just buy Tier 3 and wait for dev responce.

7 Likes

Whats up with the high avg score needed.

not going even do event till scoring is fixed even though i bought t7 before seeing this thread. DEVS REALLY, Cant we get one event right ??

2 Likes

Has the estimated “buy in” taken into account how certain battles are supposed to drop more rewards as they increase in level? Not that it would make an immense difference, but every little bit helps right now…

the number of battles needed is calculate by seeing how many battles someone has done when they reach the average score on the leaderboard, from there its quick maff with a 2.2x valraven multiplier to determine about how many sigils will be needed, and that comes out to tier 6/7 right now according to ppl who did the math.

The estimated buy-in looks at leaderboard data, how many battles it took players to reach the average score required to unlock all rewards. So yes, it’s really just as terrible as it looks.

Hi all,

An update on Stone Guardian’s Legendary Trait.

Due to a limitation in the current system the trait didn’t work. We’re going to add more possibilities for Troop Traits in the future so we can have Troops with this sort of trait “choose a random ally when matching color Gems”

To solve this immediately though, we’ve changed Stone Guardian’s 3rd Trait to:
“35% chance to give Reflect to a random ally when my turn begins”

I will be updating the blog with this info now.

2 Likes

@Kafka since you’re actively involved in this topic…

why no comment on the problematic world event situation?

…would be a bit more important than some troop trait. but hey…

10 Likes

World Event info:

I’ve raised the request for World Event scoring to be included in game again and used this week’s World Event as an example of the scoring not being obvious.

Regarding the Reward Tiers

I’ve asked about having 16 Reward stages with no Event captain score bonus for this event.
The scoring was set taking this into account:

Tier 12 should be achievable with roughly the same amount of effort as usual.
Tiers 13-16 are for Guilds who want to do more in the event.

4 Likes

Please remember that normally noone is reachable during weekends. If someone is working on weekends we rarely witness this in any way.

While this may be a inconvenient inquiry please don’t let this problem “slowcook” in the current unresolved state.

Please add to your internal question that this is a pressing matter that needs to be resolved quickly to offer a bit of a fair solution for the players, it can’t be resolved “next week”, “postponing” isn’t possible.

1 Like

How many gems is “do more” exactly entailing?

So in other words:

We are going to see how many guilds dump money, gems, time and energy into this week’s World Event and adjust as we see fit moving forward.

3 Likes

Tier 12 should be achievable with roughly the same amount of effort as usual.

And what do you guys consider “as usual”? That’s very vague.

2 Likes

It feels like the players have a very different definition of “roughly the same amount of effort” than the devs have. The events have become a slog, a chore, something I dread playing, instead of being excited for them, with the result that I no longer have time to do explore and PvP, because there are still sigils left, to play longer and longer battles.

Please, something has to give.

6 Likes

At this point, if the dev team got rid of World Events completely and just moved Medal of Seasons somewhere else, most people would be happy.

These obscure scoring requirements are obnoxious, the variable tier requirement for reward tiers is obnoxious, and the extra reward tiers just made it noticeably worse. The gameplay is incredibly dull and limited and becomes more about using event medals to make it easy. zzz. The team had a lot of ideas at the beginning of the World Events and just never did anything with them. See the update post that released WEs, too lazy to dig for the link again.

Even a guild based Underspire would be more interesting than World Events.

18 Likes

“Do more” seems to boil down to everybody in the guild having to buy tier 6. Other events take tier 4 - tier 5 to complete, so we are talking about 500 - 850 extra gems from every member in the guild. What do we owe this crazy cost hike to?

17 Likes