The update is here!

Has anyone figured out how to make the Guild Icon stop blinking AFTER the update?

Can’t just go in and donate say 100 gold still to make it go away?

The new tasks are horrible, the whole point of tasks was to offset mobile players having more opportunities to collect tribute than console players, who you know have jobs and can’t log in every hour like mobile on their phones. At best I have 4 hours at home a night before bed to collect tribute, 4 chance out of 24.

Now the tasks are win 4 battles for 5 gems, 20 battles for 5 gems or 40 battles for 10 gems!

No thanks, I’m not spending an hour plus for 5 gems when I can just play one treasure map and collect more in less time and effort. This doesn’t balance things, it makes tasks long and tedious for little reward, thankfully my kingdoms are all 9 and 10 so I will be better that way, and I’m sure there will be other tasks but leveling up kingdoms or matching 50 5 gem matches or using 4 treasure maps taught you more about the game and was a better variety than just doing variations of battles.

Not trying to complain but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth and now all it is are battles, I have my teams I enjoy using, having to constantly create new teams to satisfy the conditions is lame for the small rewards, before I could get 200 souls for winning 10 trophies or 25 glory for donating 5000 gold, I don’t care solely about gems since that’s what all the rewards are and it makes it harder to get extra glory for weekly packs, I don’t want to play 133 matches a week to get enough glory for 1 400 pack which will be gimped to one arcade stone going forward, they are actually making it harder for new players vs. players like me who have been in it since the beginning and were able to get in on the rewards for the more balanced tasks pre patch.

Very unhappy and I hope they rethink things, more variety in the rewards and not restricting them to 4 a day. New players will be punished this way and will get a few lousy gems which will do nothing to get them ahead when I can just collect my tribute 4 or 5 times a day with most have double tribute and get more than they would if they played from sun up to sun down.

8 Likes

No, I tried it and everything else I could think of. STILL BLINKING.

Claim the mail? File minor bug report?

Had the same problen and it disappeared after completing another guild task…

I can neither confirm nor deny anything at the moment, but I can say that if you pay attention to the forums, you might see some patch notes in just a little bit that should answer everyone’s questions.

2 Likes

Well the inconvenient thing about this is that I can’t feel good about completing the “Beast” and “4 unique troops” tasks at the same time because there are 10 different Beast troops, but they have poor color synergy.

I guess I could do
Spider Swarm
Black Beast or Rhynax or Sabertooth Lion
Serpent
Giant Spider

But without Valkyrie in there, the battle is going to be slow and feel like grinding. I hate that.

I thought maybe I’ll just do the 20 battle task with 3 blue-mana Beasts plus Valk first, over the next week, but when I rethought the time investment for that part again (“over the next week”), I realized I really truly should do both tasks at the same time.

At least I can switch up the Beast troop selection a bit and do some slight speed analysis on best overall team synergy, I guess.

Since this part about the Tasks shows that there’s still loads of GRINDING involved, my suggestion here? Pick troops with lowest mana cost per cast and play like the A.I. does, that is, don’t hold back on casting hoping for a “better opportunity,” just use your spell when charged.

I believe this removal of Glory from the Tasks is also part of a future planned update REMOVING Gems from the Guild tasks as well (or dramatically reducing them).

Its the only reason why 21 battles using sub par teams (no Valkyrie) would be worth 5 Gems.

Simple assumptions PLAYER A
38k Gold in Guild gives10 Gems to everyone in Guild
10 Battles for 1 player to make 38k (I know it is less or more but for simplicity…)
All 30 members do 20 Battles this is 600 Gems for 20 wins per player

PLAYER B
Plays a slower sub optimal team for 20 wins 5 Gems

The console Devs are aware of the Guild update…

NERF Incoming for Guild tasks

Your math is a little exaggerated since there are other tasks aside from gems that would come up that you’d have to pay for first so the gem output wouldn’t be as high in a realistic scenario.

Further if things were nerfed like that, you can bet a majority of the player base would be very vocal in their displeasure.

Question are the
“Train a Troop to Level 10” (+500 souls)
and
“Train a Troop to Level 15” (+1500 souls) tasks still in rotation with the new update?

How about “Forge a new Trait”?

To complete the new troop tasks I’ll need to upgrade a whole bunch of new troops. Just wanted to know if I should hold back on levelling or traiting at this point.

Ok, even accounting for the keys Task that does generate some resources. You have to admit that the rewards are completely out of alignment.

Either Consoles are ridiculous low, or the Guild is ridiculous high. Considering the is an imminent update to guilds take your pick.

If you have a team of highly dedicated players who churn out massive amounts of gold, yeah it may look unbalanced. But the majority of people aren’t in those guilds. So yeah they have to work harder for those same rewards. What might take 1 guild a week to do may take others months. So a heavy nerf like that will basically turn off the players who do earn that much as well as make everyone else feel like it’s hopeless.

2 Likes

I think you are interpreting what Im writing as if it would be good for the Game. I’m not. I’m saying the rewards aren’t even close. Big difference.

Technically the rewards are more on console since the tasks are there. Maybe nerfed for some but if you remove them completely, you can still earn the same things in both.

The tasks are there to help newer players. By the time you get to the point where gems are t be only rewards, do you need to rely on them.

Everyone needs to remember this is better than Option B;

Emulate PC and remove Tasks altogether

1 Like

Farm Maps, you get Traitstones now and should easily get 10-15 Glory a run.

I’m going to take a break from this.

Keep in mind though your statement would be true IF all things are equal. They are NOT. I can not load up my console and HDTV into my pocket to collect Tribute when out and about like PC/Mobile. Someone else just posted about this exact same thing today. As for Guild Tasks we will know what is planned once they give a preview.

When is this update supposed to land on ps4? Because there is no patch right now.

You technically can remote connect to a ps4 with a vita. Maybe not as easy but still doable.