The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread Part 1 (Closed)

the problem with maw is he can devour anyone so if other team use tank of skull creator you usually devour them first and the game is almost already over , i can’t see anyone else doing a quicker job

Maw will most likely be rebalanced with the Update, I’d plan ahead now.

what will be changed?

Hunger becomes “Gain 2 to all Skills on Skull gem matches”

3rd trait…

ok but he still can devour with cast?

if so he will still be very strong

Still devours on cast

New 3rd trait is to gain 2 to all Maws stats on skull matches

1 Like

if you use sheegra and infernal king with him he will still be very quick

I’m not a fan of Sheggra, it kills any chance of a loop and you can’t eat 2+ Troops at a time anymore.

I use Jarl. You charge Jarl and IK, can loop easily and you can target a secondary threat (since you usually Devour the primary threat).

1 Like

i also like jarl but personaly i think he is not quick enough, yeah his burning skill on x4 gems is cool but i found him more useful when i was starting the game, now with the big health and armor team the -3 doesn’t really affect the fight at all

maybe if they change the dynamic of the game and you need to kill the caster or heal your troop to stop burn it will be more effective but it happen to often the burn effect is gone after one turn

if you use mercy and fill maw then devour the tank with maw and then infernal king create red for sheggra and sheggra change red for skulls, i don’t see where maw will be slower, maw will hit over 30-35 and gain +2 attack on x4 skulls

usually i win the match cause maw kill them with skulls so it will probably just help to finish quicker

I don’t use him in the first slot (4th, like Sheggra) and his 3rd Trait is irrelevant in this setup. He’s purpose is board control and targetable damage

yeah but i don’t see where it make the fight faster?

Rebalanced Maw is just as fast, the change was for players to stop whining about RNG on defense

i fighted against lot of maw and most of time when i was losing against them is because mercy could cast and get lucky cascade to refill maw quicker then mine and then kill everyone cause of the hight attack, it happened in very rare occasion the third trait devoured me on defense so people where whining for nothing in my opinion

I dont have maw traited and the maw/ik/mercy/sheggra team kills very quick anyway, a minute is definitely likely…except for those times gems just dont go your way

so the question was any if there was any quicker team then maw team? i guess the answer is no

Sheggra casts and you kill one Troop, wipe all Reds and lose your turn.

Jarl casts and you hit any Troop (not just the top Troop), MAKE Reds (charges Jarl, transformer fuel for IK) and Yellows (charges IK). You can loop until the match ends, which isn’t long.

ALSO, if Maw dies fast or before it can Devour (it happens), IK/Mercy/Jarl is better synergized than IK/Mercy/ Sheggra

Casting Sheggra after IK gives you a great chance to loop. Generally casting Maw, then IK, then Sheggra usually either ends the match or leaves you needing an odd skull match or two

exactly you need to cast IK first then sheegra and with the cascade happen very often i can kill 2 or 3 troops