The Rune Factory

Originally published at: The Rune Factory – Gems of War
Hi ho, Hi ho, it’s off to work we go…

New Troop: Runesmith

Have you ever wondered where traitstones come from?

In the depths of Khaziel, lit only by the roaring forgefires, the Runesmiths toil away to make armor, weapons, and treasures beyond human imagining. One of those treasures is known as a traitstone.

When stones fall burning from the sky, Adanans believe they are simply chunks of rock falling to earth, dragged down by gravity; the Centaurs believe they are signs from the Gods which can be used to interpret the future; the Tauros, on the other hand, believe that they are thrown by bored Gods who wish to see their children at war. But the Dwarves know better…

The Dwarves believe that these meteors, as Adanans call them, are the thoughts and memories of Stonehammer, made manifest. And they both travel far, and pay well to acquire them, for a skilled Runesmith can bring forth the memories in such a way that they can be understood by anyone gazing into their depths. Few, who have beheld the rarest Arcane and Celestial traitstones doubt their power!

PVP Icon

PVP Rewards Reminder
With the PVP reset comes payouts in Souls for your efforts on the battlefield against other players. Remember, you’ll have until the next event to climb as high as you can and earn yourself some souls. Here’s what you can earn at each rank:

• * Rank 1: 300 Souls, 2000 Gold, 100 Glory, 10 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 2: 150 Souls, 1500 Gold, 50 Glory, 5 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 3: 80 Souls, 1000 Gold, 40 Glory
  • * Rank 4: 60 Souls, 900 Gold, 30 Glory
  • * Rank 5: 50 Souls, 800 Gold, 20 Glory
  • * Rank 6: 40 Souls, 700 Gold, 10 Glory
  • * Rank 7: 35 Souls, 600 Gold, 5 Glory
  • * Rank 8: 30 Souls, 500 Gold
  • * Rank 9: 25 Souls, 400 Gold
  • * Rank 10: 20 Souls, 300 Gold
  • * Rank 11: 16 Souls, 200 Gold
  • * Rank 12: 12 Souls, 100 Gold
  • * Rank 13: 8 Souls, 50 Gold
  • * Rank 14: 4 Souls, 10 Gold
  • * Rank 15: 1 Gold

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

6 Likes

:newspaper: Best get yourself equipped to handle the Weekly Feedback Report :gem::gem::gem:

Deep within the earth, nothing is more revered than the smith. The life of all dwarven kind relies on their tools to mine, smelt, and defend their underground home. These tools are ever-enhanced by the skillful Runesmith.

Don’t let the white beard fool you, this elderly Dwarf could bench press a Rhynax and dodge Gorgons all while getting a good night’s rest. If you’ve got armor and weapons that need buffing, he’s the buffest buffer around. Which is exactly what his spell does, not to mention the more fire and lava he’s surrounded by the stronger the enchantments! Hardcore.

While he’s certainly a knowledgeable master in the creation of runes and traitstones, the only one you’ll be getting this week is the Arcane Dark Traitstone. Looking for a large smelter to enhance? Try Carnex! Want to practice buffing some armor? The Dark Master’s got plenty. Or maybe you’re looking to give your weapon some edge. Avina has an extra or two.
If smithing ain’t your strong suit, Aziris and Skeleros are a couple of undead fellows with some more natural sturdiness, though Avina could still wreck 'em.

:newspaper2: This underground segment was brought to you by PickWax! :sparkle:
:sparkle: Because when your axe is slick, you’ll fill your carts quick! :sparkle:

#Match you next time!

4 Likes

Damn I thought that was the “Dwarf Jeweler” troop I had imagined in the “the trait troop” thread (no links provided, I’m on my phone, it’s a pain)

Same mana color, kingdom, troop type, rarity and quantity of mana required.
Sirrian even talked of traitstone’s origins up there so I was convinced it was it.
What a let down :frowning:

Well, whatever, my Carnex won’t be displeased :wink:

EDIT : now I’m on computer so here is the link The trait troop - #5 by Zelarith :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Maybe you will be surprised tomorrow.

10 Likes

Wait, what? Why? But I want to be surprised today!

1 Like

Ah, nice. So now I’ll be wondering what this means the entire day… :slight_smile: :wink:

But traitstones for Carnex, that’s nice. :smiley:

2 Likes

By tomorrow, do you mean at reset…or another separate announcement?:confused:

1 Like

An Ultra-Rare? What did Khaziel do get such sub-par troop rarity distribution, release an ancient demon? I mean, sure, they are Dwarves, but shouldn’t they at least have gotten a second Epic as ninth troop?

1 Like

Let us have this little butterfly feeling inside our stommak, and wait for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn, so much teasing ^^
Now I have my hopes up high again :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, this thread wasn’t posted in the official news sub forum ^^’
Edit : this was fixed :slight_smile:

Oh I thought his spell will be making runes when I’ve read that title :frowning:

4 Likes

Man I was really hoping to see the release of a Spring Imp! It’ll be summer soon :wink:

I am sad that this troop doesn’t create traitstones. :frowning:

9 Likes

I was really hoping there would be a Dwarven Miner that smashed stoneskin and granite skin troops with his hammer!

4 Likes

Also, how does a troop with that much beard and long hair have fireproof? Having them that long doesn’t seem safe for blacksmiths.

4 Likes

Easy one. His beard is fireproof.

4 Likes

That would explain the purple magic color. Magic beard. xD

1 Like

Most certain, Sir.

6 Likes

10 event keys 6 runesmiths hmm whats the odds, lol