The next campaigns

I think my thoughts have remained largely unchanged, which is a shame since we’re coming up on a year into the Campaign’s implementation.

This is sort of a problem, as evidenced by my lack of a “Hopes for Campaign 4?” thread — it means people are inured to the way things are and are expending less energy to try and get things to change. And there’s plenty that could be changed:

1. Rewards — I get it, this is a non-starter for the suits. Still sucks, and I still disagree; I think more people would buy gems or passes if free track had better rewards that were harder to get due to effort and not artificial time-gates. Passes, by comparison, would obviously need to be made commensurately better. More medals, for starters. Higher rarity medals, too (because I get they’re “only for money” frustration tools but - guess what? - people like me aren’t frustrated into buying tokens, but rather frustrated to the point that we’re playing less. My trophy counts are down — I’m bored/hopeless/apathetic/whatever-descriptor-suits-you, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Non of the mythics released have really been dazzling (though I’ll admit they’ve been “good enough” to warrant my mother and I getting them thus far, for kingdom power purposes, mostly) — some are bordering on cool-ish, but will anyone actually use Dao (or Kurandara, for that matter) for anything other than novelty? :man_shrugging: Anything else that pays out less than it costs, blah-blah-blah; I’ll end on a good note, though, by mentioning Imperial Deeds being added is neat, though I fear the kingdom power disparity between F2P and P2P that might result over time.

2. World Events — In medal design, in event restrictions, and in scoring things could be improved. I want interesting, unique medals that aren’t just “double skull damage” or “double your spellz, LOL.” So many neater possibilities could exist — I’ve mentioned a few of my favorite ideas before, so a different one I had : Medal of Bleeding : Inflict a stack of bleed upon all enemies when matching skulls (or red gems or — go nuts! any 4+ match). Event restrictions have been discussed ad nauseam; suffice it to say restrictions should seem in-alignment with the medals, so fixing the first issue I think would go a long way toward improving this one. Scoring is another dead horse to be beaten: put the rules in-game, make it clear how to score points if you want to. Simple. People should be allowed to know the object of the game before they begin playing. To close on a positive — the lore is usually a nice little touch. The charm isn’t enough to excuse bad gameplay, but it’s there nonetheless :man_shrugging:

3. Off-Weeks — let the Artifact stat last until the next one. One week of getting to enjoy the stats earned over the course of the Campaign is well-deserved, especially if their first “week” is actually only 3-4 days, given the tasks being artificially time-gated.

4. Time-Gates — literally the worst part of the implementation, to me; it’s number four because TROJAN HORSE, MUAHAHAHA, I AM AN ORC BUT I CAN TRICK LIKE A NASTY-WASTY HOBBIT. If you want it to take awhile for people to complete the campaign, give them a difficult task; Hunting 5 Krakens IS NOT difficult. Killing 50 is getting closer. 100 is probably more on-point, surely. FOMO can still be created when people look at a task and think, “Uh…10 thousand 4+ matches would take me how long to do…?”

Maybe I’ve other thoughts, maybe I don’t — Guild Wars fogs my vision this week, my blood surges no other song…

NO :v: FOR THE HORDE

EDIT: Also if I get a Treasure Hunt of 130 turns, I’d like that to count as two runs, kthxbai (Silver Task could read “get 180 turns of treasure hunt done” or something, I don’t know. Just stop incentivizing me to quit the moment I’ve gotten to 60)

13 Likes