The Hangout Thread

…and personally I will be hanging out in forums, playing games, taking the children out to the park… anything to avoid interacting with the in-laws who are here… shudder

1 Like

I rang in the new year by playing Super Dungeon Explore with Sirrian (while drinking, which seems to improve my dice rolling skills) then wandering down to local park to watch fireworks in the city (we get a great view from there), and lighting sparklers.

2 Likes

Yeah, it probably is, haha.

I’ll be skiing today and enjoying a nice evening with my 3 kids and magnificent wife. We’ll drink bubbles and eat finger food.

Our traditional drink of choice while playing Arkham is tea (and our music of choice is 20s jazz) but sometimes we do coffee with a dollop of something special in it :wink:

Have fun and be safe everybody!

Just finished work.
Got an hour to decide what to wear to dinner. Then half an hour to to wear it.

Played some X-Wing today which my 10-year old just got for Christmas… jolly good fun…

Put on your usual bear costume. It goes with everything. And it makes Terrance happy and safe.

1 Like

I appreciate the reference :slight_smile:

Hey, I did say I loved it! :wink:

1 Like

Well, after 10 hours of play, 2 brutal but epic games, and only one scraped-for-it win, I’m off to bed. Happy new year and goodnight!

I’ve always been a gamer. I like board games and card games, and even athletically competetive pursuits. I used to love railroad board games (Empire Builder, Railroad Tycoon, and 1820) but it is hard to find people to play those. Euchre is my favorite card game, (followed closely by pinochle and pitch), but unfortunately, it’s hard to find Euchre players as you increase distance from Wausau, Wisconsin. So basically, some of my favorite gaming pastimes fall in the category of “I can’t find anybody to play with me.”

The rise of computer gaming solved this dilemma. I fell in love with computer games when they first came out, though I’ve never been a game-system aficionado. I have always been partial to strategy games rather than reflex games. My favorite computer game of all time, which I still play with frequency, is Colonization (the first one.) There is no sweeter sound then that Fountain of Youth jingle. Other computer games that have captured my interest over the years include Civilization 1 and 2 (bought and tried Civ 3 and 4 (i.e. Colonization 2) but didn’t like either better than the other versions.) I also like the D&D clones, namely Diablo 1 and 2 and Dungeon Siege and its sequels. The only first person shooter I ever got into was Thief, which isn’t really a shooter. If I want a game I can finish in a night, I go with Age of Empires the First.

I have discovered that I seldom love a game’s sequel as much as the original. I see that Dungeon Siege and Diablo both offer a v.3 now, but I’m not that curious about either. The version 2 of those games added a lot of gameplay, but I did not think either was a huge improvement. More complexity does not necessarily a better game make.

As you see, there aren’t many new titles on my list. I don’t really have time to play the field, and my trusty favorites have served me well. Gems of War has been strangely addictive for me, as I don’t think it really fits with what I generally like. The two major updates in the last 3 months almost killed my interest, but I am starting to come back around. I still prefer the Gems of War I played 6 months ago, but this one isn’t too bad. Version 1.08 is basically just a different game.

Oh man I loved D2 SO MUCH more than D1. I put more time into it that most people do mmorpgs!

I guess that is what I didn’t like as much. You HAD to put more time into it. I probably logged more hours on D2 myself, but preferred the feel for the game that came with D1. I don’t think D2 captured that as well.

Had the year’s first NaNoWriMo meeting today. Thought we’d start early :stuck_out_tongue:

Also got Crimson Bat today. Finally. Far less annoyed with the game now :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re a writter @melkathi?
What kind/type/genre?

1 Like

Children’s mostly. At least the ones I published here in Greece the traditional way.
The attempt at English language and e-books is teen/young adult sci-fi satire, since “childish adult” hasn’t been established as a category yet.
Feel free to check the link on my profile here :wink:

Just did! Well met!
Looks fun!

Thanks!
It has been endorsed by @Archenassa , so it must be good :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Awesome! I expect a link or a post come November @melkathi :wink:

While I dabble in poetry, I’m not much of a writer. I was always more the musician.

1 Like