The Hangout Thread

Please do, I’d love to see them! We have a group that meets on occasional Fridays to play the campaign version of this game, and it’s super fun. We just got the Heart of Glorm expansion a few weeks ago and I am loving it!

Word. :sunglasses: And we’re having a blast.

These days, I have a weird obsession with HearthStone, even though I normally hate sheer luck games with a passion and this is basically poker, russian roulette, plain dice rolls and coin flips, all rolled into one and dressed up as a turn-based strategy game. I was lured in by the super smooth UI, cool artwork, design, characters, and the strong streaming community, and by the time I realized RNG was the be-all, end-all, I was already hooked. I keep my results and actually bother myself with concepts such as variance and odds, which normally bore me to tears. I regularly “quit” after one bad run too many, and I usually start another Arena within a couple of days. I’m hopeless. :pensive:

Other than that, I don’t play a lot of different games these days. It’s mostly HS and GoW, and a bit of SolForge when I’m in the mood for it. I tend to go all-in on one or two games at a time, for extensive periods.

I’ve played Heroes of Might & Magic II and especially III (and WoG) almost exclusively for many many years, and a lot of Civ II as well. All of the King’s Bounty, even the shameless, crappy mashups passing for sequels, and I even wasted many months on the horrible pay-to-win, gang-up-on-noobs-with-your-OP-collection online spin-off. Any great Tower Defense I can get my hands upon, also. Monster Mash, Garden Defense, Garden Panic, Plants vs Zombies, the first Kingdom’s Rush, Toy Defense III, Azgard Defense… all awesome games. I wish I had another great TD game handy, actually. ^^

And quite some World of Darkness Requiem with the best GM I’ll ever know, @Archenassa of course. =)

I’m holding off getting the expansion until I finish the main campaign. I’m running a campaign with Sirrian (each of us control 2 mice each). I’m also trying to organise a game with my family for christmas.

The problem is I have really bad luck (though not Wil W levels) with rolling in M&M, so most of the party wipes happen because I rolled really well for the enemies.

I am so blushing right now. :blush:

And yes also to HOMM and all the TD games. I also play a freaking ton of what I call “mini-games”, which are basically all the Point-n-click/HOG games from Big Fish or GameHouse, with some measure of time management games thrown in, like the Northern Tales saga. But these games are just too short. :stuck_out_tongue:

I generally have that same problem, especially the last session - the dice were taken away from me except for my own rolls :disappointed_relieved:

Are you guys keeping any items you find? We found that once we got all the rules straight (took an embarrassing number of wipes before we realized that getting story items, achievements and the like push the story end token up, not the hourglass marker…) we steamrolled almost everything up until the last two chapters. We were, however, keeping everything, cheese included, which was probably a bit overkill. Now that we are playing the expansion, we are limiting what we carry over.

We keep items and tricks but not cheese or party items.

Also I found a picture om my mice and mystic minis:

3 Likes

Oh man that is so sweet! I love the skull on the spider haha! Kudos to you and @Sirrian, great painting job. I also like the idea of unique color on the base for each hero mouse. The guide I found recommended just painting them all a uniform dark color. As they are, unpainted, we constantly grab the wrong fig…

I want to make sure new players could remember which mini was theirs.

Some of our Descent minis :smile:

2 Likes

Hmm I lost a match in our Blood Bowl league two days ago. Playing again on Monday. Am ranked 4th out of 8 in the Group because of it :confused: Still going through to next round. But had been tied for second place before.

Sh#t happens Mel… :smile:

Damn Wood Elves. Prancing around the pitch as if it wasn’t full of people trying to kill them, while my Dark Elves refused to pick up the ball.

1 Like

I know for a fact that my boyfriend and I are collectively getting five board games for Christmas (all games we are getting each other lol) and we are giving two more. I can quit anytime I want… But why would I want to?

If I ever decide to leave bachelor life behind, I need to find someone like you :stuck_out_tongue:

Or at least someone who plays Smash Up.

2 Likes

Aside from the obvious flaw that @Mitheithel is spoken for - that gives me a great idea - the GEMS OF WAR DATING AGENCY - MATCH TWO!

4 Likes

YES I like this plan

We could have speed dating rounds where you fight each other’s team and you can judge them based on the team they build.

Then all you have to add are player profiles with photo, location and a blurb, and in game pm’ing and you’re set.

Ohhhhh think of the Valentine’s Day events :kissing_heart:

How about it @Sirrian? new way to get money flowing into the game? 505 would surely be happy :wink:

Soooooooooo…

STAR WARS

Zomg I’m seeing it again today :heart_eyes:

I think I might be broken :cry:… I saw the movie and I did enjoy it but I’m not as excited about it as everyone else.

You’re not alone in this, I do not care at all, and god knows I love the original trilogy.