The Great Moa Invasion

This is the best event ever. Moa/Ragnagord/Famine/Death and Moa/Valkyrie/Mab/Mercy isn’t as bad as the proper team.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Seriously, though, where do the switched-out troops canonly mo(a)ve to, though?

There’s several possibilities:

1. A troop gets turned into a Moa via some magic. Which would be bad. “Oh, we just cashed in this Moa for the bounty after eating its wonderful drumsticks. …Wait, that was actually King Highforge after being cursed? …Uhm. T-The dwarves don’t really need a king, right?”
  2. The defense teams agree to have a Moa fight alongside them so that the attackers can get a bounty. “So, okay, we will get beaten into a pulp for a week now so that complete strangers can get a random extra Traitstone! Sounds awesome!”
  3. The defense teams have someone sit out because they actually want to eat the Moa along the way for tasty nutrition when they suddenly get attacked. “Oh, hey, Moa, thanks for helping out in combat! …I’m hungry now. Time to die!”

…What is going on in Krystara right now? What does this Great Moa invasion really mean?

3 Likes

We’re secretly at the start of the Emperor Moa vs Emperor Korvash Krystaria War. Soon, we’ll have Moas riding Gorgothas all over the place.

3 Likes

So, I have just discovered that whether a defense troop is replaced by a Moa in ranked PvP can be reset by refreshing your battle options in casual PvP. This means that you can always have a Moa on the opposing team in ranked PvP for a very nominal cost, even if one is not initially available.

Not sure if this was intentional, but it’s really nice, so I am going to assume it was intentional.

5 Likes

How dare you replace one of my defense troops without my permission! Now I have a terrible defensive win-loss. This is overstepping your boundaries! :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

/s

My defense team this week was 4x Fire Bombs… :rofl:

3 Likes

At Mithran’s suggestion, my defense team is now set to:

Moa
3 x Fire Bomb

@Sirrian One question, will this random appearance of Moa affects GW defense?

I almost did that, but went with 4 moa so that people without scouting would know for sure that my defense has a moa.

I’d be a little worried if people were scared of some Fire Bombs, even if its just for 2 Traitstones instead of 3.

Nooo I cannot let that happen! I will kill all the Moas (and Gorgothas) now! It shall be a war!
No roasted chicken will beat my favourite emperor and his fluffy Manticore! Fluffbutt > stonebutt and hot dude > birdbrain!

1 Like

This event is awesome lol.

2 Likes

@Cyrup @Ozball Just to be clear here… since it’s not entirely obvious… Let’s say I paste up a PvP Defense that already has one Moa troop as part of its lineup. And the other three troops in the team are not Moas.

Will the game randomly substitute a troop with a Moa so my team potentially could end up with TWO Moas?

Or is it a “One Moa per team” policy that’s being applied in PvP, so no troop would be changed if the script sees there’s already a Moa in place?

Thanks… Just curious :blush:

Imagine it might replace your Moa with a different Moa and you will never know that your beloved Moa got exchanged for a stranger.:fearful:

7 Likes

This is correct. The game doesn’t consider if you have a Moa on your team yet or not.

2 Likes

Cool event. Would have been nice to get the announcement before it all started happening in game though…

4 Likes

my first dungeon today has 3 moa in it…xD

At least we know how easy it is to remove dawnbringer from arena…

2 Likes

but bringer is my fav part of arena :sunglasses:

Could be nice… but something must have happened to traitstone drop rates.
In 49 pvp battles I got only minors and majors. No runics, no arcanes. It wasn’t like that ever before…

Is there a bug?