The Flesh Horror Battlecrasher

I think the main point wasn’t the cap specifically. It was the devs’ insistence on telling us that more than 2 was possible when in reality, for most players, 2 was a hard cap.

Had it just been communicated from the onset that players should expect to get 2 copies per day, this would have never blown up. Adding one sentence to the battlecrasher post would have been easy and would have avoided this whole hullaballoo.

The reason transparency is so freaking hard is that it impacts the bottom line, and I doubt this was the devs’ decision alone. Gotta get that “engagement time” up. You don’t want players doing the bare minimum and stopping because that means less marketing opportunities. It’s gross but it’s business.

4 Likes

Hi Arelana, I don’t disagree with that. Devs always give us misinformation. To be fair, I tried to grind the whole day and I didn’t get more than 2.

1 Like

So, now that the event is over, could we have the alleged drop rates/formula, since surely IP2 has nothing to hide/be ashamed of?

Asking nicely, as advised by a former mod ( Heart of Rage - #69 by Saltypatra )
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:
#GoWtransparency

7 Likes

I liked the idea of the event. I think it would have been more fun if flesh horror would appear more than twice tho. No need to actually always give a card if he appears, other stuff is fun too. Like the gnomes in gnome event… If you catch 5 flesh horror you’ll get something good, then 10 fh etc. The mechanic to have a chance of him popping up less with every appearance is fine, if there wouldn’t be a cap at all.

Also… want the troops from vault gone if the player has 4 mythic copies. (like the guardians)

Not going to happen. It looks like there might be some similar mechanism for the upcoming new kingdom, you either purchase the kingdom pass or grind explore for random drops in order to progress. Perfect setup for another “decreased chance to appear” that is actually a hard cap.

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see how their monetization keeps overlapping with their insistence towards opaque communications & hidden drop rates: they already seem to have decided that they can get away with Weavergate, so it would be reasonable to expect more of the same (or even worse) moving ahead, flirting with legal lines.

Not for lack of opportunities to be transparent though: @Devs , asking nicely again, could we have the alleged drop rates/formula?
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

At some point, I thought Salty breaking bending the truth past ethical standards was her being “overly protective” of the developers and trying too hard to do the best job one could.

I was putting her being short-tempered on stream on her conscience starting to get to her.
I was wondering if it had played part in her decision to leave.

Unfortunately, despite Kafka taking over for Salty, communications from the company continue to state blatant falsehoods.

I find it pretty disillusioning how this is left unaddressed; how indifferent and accustomed staff seemingly have become to communications being little more than throwaway public relations BS.

I can only conclude that “lying is profit, now go out there, lie some more and make me some more profit” is company policy.

Not gonna lie (no pun intended) - fucking shameful.

7 Likes

I am going to assume that those in charge of releasing info to the public are obligated to toe a Company line with how much they are allowed to say if they don’t want to be looking for new jobs. Even if everyone who thinks having to be evasive with the customer base is unacceptable quits, nothing really changes…we still get evasiveness/nothingness.

3 Likes

The only way change will be made is if they lose money.

From looking at the faction event leaderboard last weekend (I know most have gems and didn’t buy them) many of those on this forum who speak up were on it. Consuming new content like a drug does not show a person wants change. But hey, gotta “complete” the game right?