The Flesh Horror Battlecrasher

Honestly a tiny issue like this should have been fixed already…and this happens during a holiday event? Bad News

I just got a Flesh Horror too

Met 2 Flesh Horrors today.

Confirmed, looks like drop rate reset worked. Got 2 copies just before reset and 2 more after, to a total of 6 encountered for the week + 1 from mail. And I couldn’t wait to ascend.

1 Like

Now to see if the hard cap is still in place!

2 Likes

Hi folks,

The fix for this went out at daily reset time (7am GMT).

Please force close and re-open the game to ensure you have the latest game files installed for the fix.

The global mail has also been sent out.

9 Likes

I’m pretty disappointed in the one copy sent out. I got 2 within 6 minutes today and 2 within 10 minutes on Monday so if it was working I would have got 2 yesterday as well. Now that I only have 5 copies I have to go back to explore tomorrow for another copy if I want it at mythic.

6 Likes

Are we still limited at two per daily reset?

If not, can you explain why there is such a huge cliff in appearance rates after the second Flesh Horror encounter that has dropped The Devil (ie, it was killed and the battle was finished)?

Please don’t just repeat “the chance gets lower as you encouter more”. This has been stated. What we would like to know at this point is if:

1. The chance is so much lower as to attempt to deliberately mislead players. Ie., for any game of chance where you tell someone “its random but gets lower” and allow the first two hits at a relatively high rate, they can observe this in all their peers as well, and tanking it to near-zero for the third and beyond would probably be seen as… a little less than honest.
    or
  2. The statements about their not being a cap are erroneous in that the rate reduction can reach 0 (or near zero, by way of being a single value linear rate reduction), effectively capping how many are available per day, without there technically being a cap in the code
    or
  3. There is a bug in the code where the rates are going to 0 or near zero after the second copy per day and this is not intended.

Please let us know which it is.

20 Likes

Got my 2 for today: done searching unless someone (i.e. a player who actually got it, not a mod recurrently avoiding to disclose the drop rate) confirms that it’s actually possible to get a 3rd
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Did you forge your “Trick and Treat” before ascending?
And if not, is it still craftable or are you short on copies of “Devils” now?

Crafted. Here’s how it shows now, I would assume you would need 5 copies even when ascended, don’t ascend before crafting! Though by the end of the week, we should have enough devils to have 5 mythic ones.

2 Likes

well done!
I only read about the fix after the reset, so I’m at 5 copies now (2+2 from monday and today, +1 from the dev mail). Of course I forged Trick and Treat right away… :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no limit, the chance does drop off sharply each time you defeat The Flesh Horror so it’s less and less likely you will encounter another each time you do so. The Devil is one of our rarer Tarot cards, so the Soul Harvest event is making this Troop much easier to obtain for the overall playerbase than it normally will be (ie. playing Vaults, which need Vault Keys as a cost for entry, while pvp and Explore don’t have a cost of entry).

I’ve been playing the event and like you, I find it simple to earn 2. However, as with opening Chests, or finding Gnomes, some players will be luckier than others and possibly find 3 or more without too much effort just due to luck, others will find it harder, but the chance is the same for each player at each number of The Flesh Horror’s they have defeated.

Our testers were able to earn more than 2 per day (obviously not more than 2 for every day tested for every tester, but it was possible and as expected - sometimes a tester got lucky, other times they needed to play more battles than someone else in order to have more chances for it to appear compared to others.) This was in the testing phases before we made this event live (and then we had this issue in the live code), and then there was more testing before we made the fix live at daily reset today to ensure it was working on the live servers again.

This is a brand new mechanic/feature/event type we’re trying, so as with all new mechanics we will review how the event went before we go ahead and use this sort of mechanic in future.

At the end of the event we’d be glad to hear how you felt about it, was it fun? Did it feel good? Did you want more rewards (I mean judging by the comments I’ve seen that’s a yes), if you have insights into why the amount you received didn’t feel like enough we’d love to know why you feel that way, do you like battlecrashers in general? What makes a good/bad battlecrasher event for you?

The Devil is a Legendary Troop so we obviously can’t give a copy guaranteed for every battle, so if you didn’t like how this event ran but you like the concept of the event, then what sort of compromise would you make? ie. have a higher battlecrasher appearance rate but use a common Troop instead for the reward? Actually set a cap on number of battlecrashers you can see in one day? If so, how is that better than having the chance to find more if you play more but at a lesser chance? (ie, this current way is potentially rewarding people for playing more than other more casual players, while still allowing our casual players to participate and earn the reward too, but also stops the most hardcore players from getting 500 copies of a special legendary Troop that will normally only be available from the Vault).

Any of these sorts of questions you can answer or constructive criticism you want to share would be great. Feedback is welcome at any point, although, I think waiting until the event is over or at least near the finish is better before we have these sorts of discussions as then you have the experience of the full event to base your opinions and ideas on. Unless there’s a bug we’re not likely to change any details of an event while it’s still running, we would prefer to make sure we have all the data and feedback so we don’t make snap decisions (unless of course there’s a bug! - Totally different matter).

12 Likes

Hmmm, given the number of stunningly obvious bugs you ship with for every release, I find it kind of hard to believe that you actually have testers. Do you just ignore their bug reports and ship anyhow, or just push the release anyhow if it works on your machine?

Really, you should have bots playing the game 24/7 and looking for all the obvious regressions you introduce every time. This would be super fun to do - would you care to hire me to write the best bug-finding bot possible? I do believe this is an extremely constructive suggestion.

2 Likes

I was about to head off for the day but have to answer this because honestly, it does seem like a fun project and actually one of our team members has done this very thing. We have a non-stop Gems of War playing machine. He recently upgraded his setup, I have no idea how many devices he has running our games any more to test, I will see if I can get permission to share a photo of one of his setups (they’re not all located in the same place as we’re all still working from home at the moment).

9 Likes

That’s great! I’m happy you’re going in that direction, because I think it’s your best option.

2 Likes

This is the end of the event for me I have crafted the weapon and if I can be bothered I’ll get one more copy tomorrow for mythic so I’ll just say it now.

Yes. I thought this was a good event and something different from just the normal AB.

No I thought they were fair.

My issue with the mail is that only one copy was given when I would have got 2 from explore if it wasn’t bugged. I don’t normally do explore and wasn’t planning on doing PvP this week so now I’ll have to do something I don’t want for an extra day. I would have been happy to actually do the battles yesterday.

Love them especially in PvP.

A good battlecrasher event is one like the Moa event years ago where the battlecrasher showed up every third or 4th battle at most. I don’t care about the rewards I just like the event.

I also really don’t care if there is a cap on how many we see a day but you really need to tell players there is a cap if there is.

Having a cap doesn’t really affect this event as the maximum needed is 6 to get to mythic or craft the weapon or 9 if you want 4 copies at mythic.

14 Likes

simpliest compensation would be to extend period at which these battles show up :wink:

Really? Nobody here reported getting more than 2 on Monday; that “or more” really strains credibility.

17 Likes

Also wanted to say thank you @Kafka for taking the time after work to reply to people. I have been pretty negative lately and a big part of that is communication. I really appreciate you taking the time especially after working hours to ask the community how they felt about this event and how they could enjoy it better. I know bugs happen and I don’t have a problem with that if they are fixed as quickly as you can do it but a big problem is communication around the bugs and I think you and @Jeto have done a good job with that today.

10 Likes